Public Beta 3.1.0

• And now the Public Beta 3.1.0 is withdrawn? Serious bugs?

3.1.0 Public Beta withdrawn

Wow, I literally downloaded the Public Beta 3.1 and new Rig Manager a few minutes ago. I refreshed this thread, and find that these were just pulled back / withdrawn. I haven't installed them, yet. I may roll the dice, and install later this morning. I can always roll back to 3.02, if I run into problems. I am very intrigued by the "Pure Cabinet" feature.

• I've just updated the kpa with 3.1 beta (all fine), but I didn't download the new rig manager (and 1.35 doesnt work with new firmware)... anyone would like to help me posting rig manager 1.5 in some sort of dropbox or file sharing. thank so much

• I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it being withdrawn or not, but I installed about an hour ago and I found that occasionally when switching rigs with pure cabinet turned on and sometimes when toggling it I get a crackly fizzy sound for a few seconds and then everything is OK again... So far Pure Cabinet seems good though.

• Yeah I just installed it before it was removed and also don't have the correct rig manager. Think I'll go back to the non-beta for now, although excited by the pure can function

+1
    Same here back to 3.02 but looking forward to 3.1 and Pure Cab and RM 1.5 w/Performance.

• I discovered some more strange behaviour when switching rigs (see my erlier post).. now in performance mode also. A crunch rig changes its volume when switching to a clean rig and back to the crunch-rig again... it suddenly sounds a bit louder/more powerful than before... switching to another clean rig, and then to another crunch-rig: volume is down again..
    cannot clearly reproduce it, but its strange.
    (I´m Switching rigs with midi program-change commands)

martin

• Thanks Kemper for these new features ;)

Can you already tell the difference between Pure Cabinet on and off in a recording?
    Here's the challenge :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Pure Cabinet was set to 5 in one of them...but which? ;) )

//Edit: Click here for solution.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

Edited once, last by malleus ().

Can you already tell the difference between Pure Cabinet on and off in a recording?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i do not know but i like the first riff compared to the second riff.

I like the second one way better. I guess pure cab is active on the first one.

Hi Malleus,

Hmmm...I am not sure how well the Pure Cabinet feature will translate to a recording...especially when the whole point is to re-create the "amp in the room" sound for an actual, physical observer when listening to a FRFR monitor.

Also, just an observation...
    You made a major adjustment to the mix at exactly 4 seconds into each recording sample. I realize that this adjustment occurs identically, in both samples, but it still throws me off a bit. Just my humble opinion, but I would have preferred a fixed, steady, invariant mix for the duration of each sample.

Please do not take that as criticism. It is just a personal observation. I very much appreciate your effort and sharing this comparison recording.

In any event, I perceive the 1st sample as being slightly more warmer and "rounded", whereas I perceive slightly more edge and a tiny bit of harshness in the 2nd sample. It is subtle, however. Nevertheless, I am going to take a guess that the 1st sample has the "Pure Cabinet" engaged.

Looking forward to your reveal.

Cheers,
    John

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• I like the second track

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Hi John,

thanks for your feedback :)
    The major adjustment you mentioned is a second guitar that plays the exact same riff with the same sound, but it's panned hard right. Then there's a third guitar in the end that's panned center and plays just one chord. ;)

I've decided to take this build-up riff to hear what Pure Cabinet does to your sound when you record multiple guitars as you don't need a recording to compare Pure Cabinet on/off for a single guitar :D

Cheers, Stefan

PS: I will post the solution this afternoon...if anybody can't await it, please PM me :D

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Understood. I certainly respect your methodology and thought process in regards to the recording comparison, and am just glad you took the time to put this together and share. :thumbup:

Indeed, I may have to send you a PM...as now I am chomping at the bit to find out the answer. But I promise I won't let the cat out of the bag.

Cheers,
    John

• don,t tell me because l would kick the cat out of the bag :saint:
    l reckon the first clip has pure cab on.
    On my set up l,ve got pure cab set at 7.2, which seems optimal and totally awesome for me. l was wondering if different monitors need different settings ( in my case a pair of rokit 8,s ), as there seems to be a lot of love for 5 as the pure cab setting?