Public Beta 3.1.0

• I have noticed three things with the current beta OS: 1. Sometimes the KPA's reaction to tweaks (calling up the Amp menu, adjusting or adding effects) is slowed down, delayed. 2. Rigmanager freezes from time to time. Patience helps. I have had no crashes of Rigmanager, but sometimes I have to wait for up to 60 seconds until Rigmanager reacts again. Clicking on a different folder and then choosing a rig helps. 3. Yesterday, I had the "Rigmanager syncing performances" phenomenon that has been reported before, for the first time.

These are my findings. A bit hard to decide which thread to put this in, beause there are so many threads dealing with the latest OS.

+1 with the RM problem. It needs a lot of patience when it starts to sync performances even when you are in browse mode and your just tweaking a rig. I have 64 performances. When it syncs it take a few minutes and you can't tweak because the display shows "sync.....".
    Next thing is: If you like to search in RM you write (for example) thumas, to find all his uploaded rigs, rm takes the first letter (t- for thumas) and you are waiting and waiting for the arrival of the next letters like humas. Then it takes a long time.....the program is searching. After one minute (or two) the results are shown. No fun at this tempo (i use windows 7, 64 bit with a quick processor). But the most nerving thing is the sync bug.

• I'm still playing around with the new Pure Cab settings (helps to have a looper to try different settings) but am wondering if it works better in stereo versus mono. I'm run the two XLR KPA outputs into my soundcard panned hard left and right but I'm wondering if Pure Cab would work better running a mono out and panned center in my soundcard mixer? Or does that not matter at all once you adjust for gain between mono and stereo?

Also, where does the Pure Cab processing occur in the signal path? Is it right after the cab block and before the stereo effects?

Cheers,

jayson

• I also did a small test using a high gain profile to compare Pure Cab and the "old way" of EQing out over-represented frequencies:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My result: Pure Cab is really great for monitoring - for recording I prefer the old way, because it's more open and crispy and has less "brizzling"

i think i tend to agree with you, although i havent spent a lot of time with pure cab yet, maybe a couple of hours. it seems to smooth things out and its actually a very nice sound , but you are probably right about the openess and crispness, its a close call though. decisions...decisions..

• I also did a small test using a high gain profile to compare Pure Cab and the "old way" of EQing out over-represented frequencies:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My result: Pure Cab is really great for monitoring - for recording I prefer the old way, because it's more open and crispy and has less "brizzling"

just keep in mind that Pure Cabinet is adaptive, it doesn't do the same sounding thing to all profiles (like an EQ would)
    if you prefer it off, great, although in your example, personally I would prefer to have the sound with Pure Cab on 5 as a basis for a mix - that and a well tuned guitar, hehe ;) just keep an open mind and try Pure Cab once in a while.
    to me it's one of the coolest things available anywhere, together with the Definition and Clarity parameters

• just keep in mind that Pure Cabinet is adaptive, it doesn't do the same sounding thing to all profiles (like an EQ would)
    if you prefer it off, great, although in your example, personally I would prefer to have the sound with Pure Cab on 5 as a basis for a mix - that and a well tuned guitar, hehe ;) just keep an open mind and try Pure Cab once in a while.
    to me it's one of the coolest things available anywhere, together with the Definition and Clarity parameters

That's the problem with the EQ - I have to set it up for each profile differently and I would only do that using a DAW(-plugin).
    I prefer it turned off for recording, but for practising, live performances - monitoring - it's great and I will keep using it (about level 4).
    I played with treble+presence to obtain brilliancy, but I havent't played with definition and clarity in combination with PC yet - I will try ;)

• That's the problem with the EQ - I have to set it up for each profile differently and I would only do that using a DAW(-plugin).
    I prefer it turned off for recording, but for practising, live performances - monitoring - it's great and I will keep using it (about level 4).
    I played with treble+presence to obtain brilliancy, but I havent't played with definition and clarity in combination with PC yet - I will try ;)

I guess my post was somewhat unclear ;)

a) Pure Cabinet is not just EQ - it is adaptive
    b) I meant that to me Pure Cabinet is equally cool/powerful as the Definition/Clarity parameters, not that these have to be used together with Pure Cabinet

• o.k. I downloaded 3.0.2 public beta and it shows installed but where is the "pure" control? I have looked in the input, the output, cab, eq, and amp and can't find it. what am I doing wrong?

• Sorry for Hijacking the "Pure Cab" thread but I posted the following issue in the appropriate section but no response. Can someone please help the with the following issue?

Hi all. When I switch banks in Performance Mode with my Midi controller, and select a new patch it automatically loads in the "amp" from previous rig (not the cab or name, all that is the same, just imports the "amp" section). I haven't changed anything in Midi settings as far as I'm aware, not sure if I've accidentally locked something. If I use the soft button to scroll up & down performances it works fine, but as soon as I use midi controller it loads in previous "AMP".

Just a side note, I reinstalled previous OS & it all works fine but as stated by others I have now lost all amendments made in 3.1.2 :(

• Sorry, I'm new at this. Plus it sounded like a couple other guys had written about similar issues on this thread. How do I bump?

P.S I thought this may also help other people who haven't realized this is even problem yet. Cheers

• I'm not questioning your motives, mate; I'm sure you mean well.

To bump it just means to bring it back up to the top of the list; obviously it slides down as new threads are added. Ideally, forum etiquette suggests that one probably shouldn't bump until the thread's on at least page 2 of the general list and you're certain it's not being viewed. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a "Viewed" column in this forum; it appears next to the "Read" column on forums that have it, so, as I suggested, you might just have to bump it once in a while, say, at least before it reaches page 3.

To achieve this, a simple post to the thread with just the word "Bump" seems to be the convention in all the forums I've been on. Everyone will know exactly what you mean; the implied message is, "Please, folks, I'm keen to get an answer on this and was worried it might get lost in the noise".

EDIT: I mentioned the "Viewed" column and assumed you'd know what it meant, but just to be clear, it's a simple way to keep tabs on how many peeps have visited the thread.

• Cheers man, your a classy dude! I was just so stressed yesterday I didn't want to go back to 3.0 as I'd done some awesome tweaking and was ready to add MBritt pack 3 rigs into show last night & then bang! I was even checking if anyone had responded at 4am when I got home from gig! ha ha

• Very nice new feature. Would be better as a per rig feature, also with per rig settings. Some rigs sound really good with high value pure cab setting, others change character too much with same settings. Thanks.

• Also, I've dialed down the highs on many of my rigs in order to control the fizziness, do I need to raise them back after switching pure cab on?

I've dialed down the highs myself and was wondering the same thing... anyone know the answer?

I'll just have to fire it up and just find out for myself... can't wait - thank you Kemper, you're the greatest!!!

Gary ô¿ô

• I have a problem in performance mode with a rig from paults. When i step on it the sound is away an the kpa displays " no connection to dsp". When i reboot the sound is already there ( with other rigs). When i step again on paults rig the same problem comes up. Anyone with a same problem? I have deleted the rig from paults and replaced it with another on in performance mode and every thing is ok.