Two Volume pedals at the same time possible? One pre stomps, one post effects

• Hi guys,

for getting a swell effect I would like to have one of my volume pedals (connected to the remote) pre stomps.
    Anyway I want to control my main volume, so I want the other volume pedal (also connected to the remote) to control volume after the effects.

I didn't yet find a way and didn't find a thread either.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

• You could try skipping the remote connection on the Pre-Effect Pedal and connect it Guitar>Volume Pedal>Kemper. Set the other pedal Post Effects and you're in business.

• You could try skipping the remote connection on the Pre-Effect Pedal and connect it Guitar>Volume Pedal>Kemper. Set the other pedal Post Effects and you're in business.

This is exactly what I do. I have the volume pedal of my FCB1010 set to control the overall volume of the Kemper (post effects).
    In addition I use a Boss FV-500-H volume pedal between the guitar and the Kemper input to control the gain of the guitar.

What I like especially about that Boss is:

• it is built rock solid
    • it doesn´t change the sound of the guitar (especially no treble cut, like even most guitar volume pots do)
    • it has a separate volume poti to set the lowest level when the pedal is heel down.

If you want, you can set this poti to zero, so the guitar volume can go from 0 to 100 and you can do that swell effects. I personally have set the lowest volume to a level that the amp (rig) sounds clean. So I can use a Marshall rig at "11" for example when the pedal is full up. When it is at heal down position, I get a clean sound with that same rig (like turning the guitar volume knob down), but always at the same defined level - and of course any crunch/distortion inbetween is possible by smartly moving the foot, without having my right hand stop to play and search that knob position, that gave me that nice clean sound last time.

• That's a good idea anyway. At the same time I wanna change this from rig to rig and I need this constellation only for very few rigs, so it would be helpful to do this digitally in the KPA.

But thanks anyway. :)

• Not in front of my KPA right now but I think you can do something of the following nature.

Connect one pedal as a standard volume pedal assigned as your post-effects volume. Then connect the other pedal as a wah and map it to changing the gain on a clean boost stomp. I forget exactly, but I seem to remember that there is a way to use a wah pedal to effectively change the gain of a stomp effect. When I get in front of the KPA I will try playing with this to see if I can remember how to do it.

Hunted around a bit and found this thread on the subject which is what I was remembering regarding doing this.