Double-Tap-Function

• Hi,

i don't know how the Kemper Remote handles it, but when you tap the footswitch (Behringer U4K) of the already active Performance-Slot, nothing happens.
    I thought, that this could be used, so that you get more functions with the same number of footswitches.
    I have to admit that i got the idea from seeing something like this in a video about the MFC-101 by Fractal Audio, but that should not make it less convenient :P
    Here are some ideas to what can happen, if you tap on the footswitch of the already active Performance-Slot (e.g. Slot 1 is active and you hit FS 1 again).

1. It activates the Tuner.
    -> It may be distracting, that the tuner would be on different FS throughout the gig, but this way you would save the dedicated Tuner-FS and use it for something else (Like a Stomp).
    2. Activate a 'Default Rig'
    -> This would activated ONE previously selected rig. So no matter where you 'double tap' the FS it always loads this one rig. This could be used as a solo rig or something like a emergency rig when you mixed up your performances and just very quickly need a rig that fits most situations.
    3. Activate a global Boost
    -> Many People have asked for a global Boost function to make Solos louder. This could be activated by simply pressing the FS of the active Slot.

Those are just some ideas. I don't necessarily NEED one of those, but it might be a thing to consider. Especially, when you run out of FS on your Remote, FCB1010 or other Midi-Footcontroller.

What do you think? Would this be impractical? Do you have ideas for other functions that could be activated/switched by this?

Regards,
    LH

• Currently:

If you have an active Performance slot with The Remote, and you have changed the FX status with FX switches 1-4, pressing the Performance Slot again will reset the status of FX switches 1-4 to the stored FX status.

True. But it would expand the capabilites of the Remote to be able to override the current reset behaviour of a consecutive switching to something else.

• Thanks for the great responses!
    Do you have any more ideas for possible functions?
    Maybe we can make a list for the kemper team :P:whistling:

Regards,
    LH

Edited once, last by LH ().

• The RJM Mastermind GT gives you a few options when tapping the same preset:

1. Preset - basically re-init the same preset. This is my choice, because it's like a reset on the tone when I play around with effects.
    2. Global - selects a global preset. This would be a "default" sound, maybe a clean sound that you always use, for instance.
    3. Previous - this takes you back to the last preset. This is awesome for those players that hit a lead patch often for fills. Tap a lead performance, noodle, don't move your foot, tap again, and you're back on your rhythm sound.

Like I said, I prefer #1 with my MMGT, because I fiddle around with not only the effects slots on the Kemper, but also some outboard effects units as well.

For the Kemper controller, instead of just calling it "boost," it would be cool to do this so that it would trigger an alternative parameter setting. As a boost, you could have it set the Cab's volume to 0 (when disengaged or preset originally initialized)/+3 (when engaged), or maybe increasing the Delay's mix from 20% (disengaged or originally initialized)/50% (engaged), or turning on/off whatever is in Stomp D (which might be a boost itself!).

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack