Profile organization

• You know, one of the hardest issue I find with the Kemper is being able to narrow down a selection of favorites. (But what a great problem to have)

I resolved to categorize my settings into (5) performance type bands of: Acoustic, Clean, Clean Plus, Crunch, Driven

Fair enough...
    But for years I struggled with a naming standard where I could quickly zoom through selections in either browser or in Profile modes.
    At the time, I was using an: AC, CL, CL+, CR, DR profile naming standard. (I also use $ for specific Song Selection favorites)

But the issue I kept running into was CL, CL+ & CR would always get (alphabetically) consolidated making searching/selecting very tedious.

Then Eureka! It dawned on me to just go with a 1,2,3,4,5 standard for my category selections.

Legend:
    1 = Acoustic
    2 = Clean
    3 = Clean Plus (Think dirty clean with headroom)
    4 = Crunch
    5 = Crunch 2 (Too many favorites here) :/
    6 = Driven

As fundamental and as simple as this approach is, it's made my life so much easier for quick selections. (especially in performance mode)

This sure helped me. Hope it helps someone else. ;)

Happy Kemper

• I had something similiar during my long lasted "tube-amp"-time (which is coming slowly to a happy end with the KPA).I use two heads.The Steavens Poundcake Mk1a for "Ultra clean","Bluesy-clean"(which reacts with more overdrive as you make your strokes harder),"Brown"(70s/EvH) & and "Rock"(like 80s hardrock/classic metal) while I used my Dual Rectifier (Rev. F) for two kinds of Lead-sounds (Medium -Gain-"Fat" and Hi-Gain with more "presence").Worked well live (A/B-Box) and studio for more than two decades.

I will take these 6 "Basic"-sounds as brands again to name my performances for live-gigs with the KPA but will now add a seventh "brand" for studio work since I now will have permanent access to "Nu-metal"-profiles also in the future.

So:

Ultra-Clean/Funk
    Bluesy-Clean
    Brown
    Rock
    Lead-Fat
    Lead-Pitch harmonics
    Nu-Metal

Thats it.

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• I re-read what I initially posted and thought I'd try to explain the idea I was trying to express in another way.

Step one - (Browser Mode) Categorize & Rename any given profile using a preceding numeric "header" for quick access.
    1,2,3,4,5 etc. (You select whichever categories to assign using this approach)

example:

Browser Legend
    $ = Song Selections
    1 = Acoustic
    2 = Clean
    3 = Clean Plus (Think dirty clean with headroom)
    4 = Crunch
    5 = Driven

Step two - (Performance Mode) I use the 5 available bands allowing a combination of either guitar specific or category based profile selections.
    (I like to think I'm savvy enough to associate which number relating to which category) ;)

Performance Legend
    1 = 1A Acoustic, 1B Clean, 1C Clean Plus, 1D Crunch, 1E Driven (Clean Guitar with Piezo)
    2 = 2A Clean1, 2B Clean2, 2C Clean Plus, 2D Crunch, 2E Driven (Dirty Guitar)

3 = Acoustic
    4 = Clean
    5 = Clean Plus
    6 = Crunch
    7 = Crunch 2 (Too many favorites here for me to limit to just 5 selections)
    8 = Driven

and so on...

This approach allows me logical and fast access to the choice selections in both Browser and Performance modes which inspire my interests.

Happy Kemper

• Just want to make sure I understand this correctly:

If I prepend numbers, e.g., 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 to my rig names these will be the first five rigs the Remote will call up in Performance mode, yes? If I'm on the right track, banking up will give me rigs 06, 07, 08, 09, and 10, next bank would be 11, 12, 13, 14 15, etc.

Moving right along, if I assign a corresponding MIDI # to each rig, would I get the same results if, for whatever reason, I used a third party MIDI controller instead of the Remote, and would they be the same MIDI numbers passed thru to the next MIDI device(s) in line?

• Just want to make sure I understand this correctly:

If I prepend numbers, e.g., 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 to my rig names these will be the first five rigs the Remote will call up in Performance mode, yes? If I'm on the right track, banking up will give me rigs 06, 07, 08, 09, and 10, next bank would be 11, 12, 13, 14 15, etc.

No, this will not work in Performance Mode but it will work this way in Browse Mode.

Moving right along, if I assign a corresponding MIDI # to each rig, would I get the same results if, for whatever reason, I used a third party MIDI controller instead of the Remote, and would they be the same MIDI numbers passed thru to the next MIDI device(s) in line?

Yes, this would be the preferred procedure using a third party midi controller.