Loud Pops on Clipping

• Hi all
    Am running latest OS and have noticed while setting up performance slots for next week's gigs that now when the output light goes red at all I get a loud pop through the monitor. Before this I never had a problem, and I believe it's been said that the occasional red light should not be an issue at all, but at the moment any at all makes the profile unusable. I know there are work arounds but has anyone else noticed this and is it intended? Am having to run my wah at -5 to make sure it doesn't clip when wide open.

• As you're aware, it's clipping. Turn down the volume a bit and increase the master volume. That will fix it and you'll maintain your volume.

I always make sure I never hit red for that very reason.

• I know what you are talking about. You are correct, the Profiler is not clipping (unless there's some broken hardware component in your rig).

• Be sure you're not creating/losing contact with the stringe when this happens (could be a static discharge due to unproper grounding).
    • Be sure you're not phisically touching the PUs with the strings when hitting harder (higher PUs, lighter strings, heavier pick, lower action etc.).
    • If the above doesn't solve, I remember that a system reset fixed this in the past.

HTH. Let us know! :)

• Yeah, CK said there's tonnes of headroom in the unit, so I'd reinstall the OS.

Actually, I'd go back to the previous OS version, and if it works fine, then try the beta again. At least that way you'll more quickly know to just roll back the OS rather than keep mucking around.

To roll back, place the KAOS file on the USB stick's root level (not in a folder), and power the KPA up whilst holding the L<->R cursor buttons down... if I remember correctly.