Mix Control on Loop Distorsion

• On some things I'm using a Boss SY-300 in the Kemper loop and because of the way in which the Loop Distorsion functions differently than the Loop Mono, the Loop Distortion is a lot more touch sensitive and it would be nice to have a mix control so it's not always at 100%. I understand the intended purpose of it, but I can see this also being a benefit for the way things "feel" if your using a chorus or delay pedal, etc., in the loop. I know you can adjust your outboard gear to compensate, but it would be a nice convience.

Thanks,
    Bob

• First off, I want to thank you Ingolf for all I've learned reading your posts these last few years!
    I've never used a distortion pedal through the loop. I've always had it in front of the Kemper. So when experimenting with the SY-300 in the loop mono, I noticed that it felt static, like some of the dynamic feel of synth was lost. Just thought I'd try loop distortion and found it has a much more dynamic, natural feel. The manual explains the differences between the 2 loops very well, but honestly, I think the name loop distortion is kind of misleading. It could be mistaken that it adds distortion or should only be used for distortion.

• Thank you for your kind words , BW.
    I cannot really follow about the loop mono feeling more static.
    The only difference (if I got it right) is that boosts before a distortion loop drive the loop harder like you would expect when boosting a volume pedal. Therefore dirt pedals that are intended to be boosted should be placed in a loop distortion.
    When you intend to boost the sy-300 this makes perfect sense, if not I don't know why it should be more static.

• Static is probably not be the right word--Sorry It's a feel thing. To be clear, I'm not complaining about the loop mono. Kemper gives us a choice for a reason. The SY-300 is can be very touch sensitive so in the loop distortion when I pick hard or soft, the sensitivity and reaction is greater than when I'm using loop mono. To me, anyways, it feels more natural. With the SY-300 it's really obvious if you have the loop in slot A and switch between the two types of loops. As you say the loop distortion gets hit harder by what precedes it--so it reacts differently and you can feel (which is really the most important thing) as though it "gives" as you would expect in a guitar setup situation.