Remote -Expression pedal

• Hi. I bought the 4E Dual Axis pedal. Is there a manual how to assign the pedal and the Remote? Can't get it to work. I'm a beginner need basic descriptions, help would be very appriciated please. /Hans J

• Hi
    I am not familiar with that particular pedal but the remote itself is plug and play. With the pedal make sure you go into your system menu by pressing the system soft button. Then scroll through to the page that corresponds to the pedal input on the remote you are using. For me it's pedal input 3 as I'm a lefty and have my expression pedal on the left side of my remote, and that is on page 7 of the system menu. Then check the settings. Mine is set to Type 1 and Wah Wah.

Then on the midi settings page, for me that's page 14 in the system settings, I have ticked the Wahpedal to vol. and the Wahpedal to pitch. When you move the expression pedal you should see the CC07 line move with your pedal on that page. Or at least I do.

hope that's some kind of help :)

• Oh and as a basic thing make sure you have the right cable between the pedal and the remote. A stereo is often needed with expression pedals.

Sorry if you know all this already, but hopefully some of this is useful.

• This can be a really complicated pedal:

The 4E is a dual axis expression pedal that can control more than one effect at a time. Based on the ergonomic platform of M440, the 4E contains four high quality 10k linear Mega Pots, two on each axis. This lets you connect up four seperate effects to a single pedal making connections easy and freeing up some real estate.

Here is some history. A multi-axis pedal has been around at least since the 50's. Like most things releated to electric guitars its roots can be traced back to Bigsby. The Tone/Volume Bigsby and DeArmond were some of the earliest examples. Morley has already made almost every type of pedal know including a dual axis with multiple functions. And, who could forget the Fender Fuzz/Wha. So with all this history why do we need another?

Our multi-axis pedals have a significant advantage over the other multi-axis pedals. What we did is create the non-coincident axes. Look at all the pedals before and you will see the foot plate spins at the center. To operate a pedal like that you have to twist your entire leg at the hip. Our patented design makes the operation very ergonomic. The center of rotation is moved back to the center of your leg so that the foot rolls left to right at the ankle not at the hip. This makes it easy to operate at both standing and sitting.

We came out with the M440 and many people asked how they could hook up multiple effects. So we decided to make the 4E Expression pedal specifically for doing so.

-------------

I suggest starting with ONE of the pedal outputs, because the KPA and Remote are designed to allow one pedal to control wah, pitch, and volume. As another person has already said, use a TRS (or stereo, if you prefer to call it that) cable to connect the pedal to The Remote.

• Hi. TRS cable did the trick. Now on to more questions. If there is a very god manual that answer my questions, please give me a tip. Don't want to burden you with my1000 stupid questions. Any how, is it not possible to sign for ex delay to the exp. pedal, connected to the Remote that is? Next question: If you set exp pedal to monitor volume, is there a way to set levels on heel-toe? For ex. 80%-100% Third question for to day: In Browser mode, how do I sign a rig to say bank 1 ch 1?
    /Hans J Umeå Sweden