wish for kemper editor software

• We need an editor for all the editor threads on here.
    But hang on, what's my hand doing...
    +1 X/

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• At the cost of sounding like the smartass of the week, i'll state the following.

i am sure Kemper don't need further requestes about an editor.
    i am sure they have already decided a related strategy for the future.
    i am sure they have a list of priorities.
    and no, "reminding" them about the editor every 18' won't change the above.

:)

As a web developer, if I see a request from a user one time, I ignore it - there are bigger things on the agenda than to satisfy one user out of thousands and thousands. If I see several requests, okay, great - backlog it, we'll put it on the list to do after the "priority" stuff goes out. But, the more a request bubbles up, the more likely it becomes a priority. And that's the thing - people comment about feature requests because they want a particular feature. They're not going to spend hours searching through past history to find that one post for that exact topic. It's a forum, not a feature request/improvement system, so you can only go so far.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone saying "this is my priority, I'm going to make a feature request about it." Guess what? Kemper isn't blind to what's going on here. But thank you for your post, because it just bumped this post higher on this list and gave it one more reply.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I have nothing against this thread or people's requests, so your sarchasm sounds a bit off to me, to be fair.
    What I think is that every new member feels deeply inside themselves that if they don't point out how an editor would be useful (or critically necessary), it won't happen. So my tongue-in-cheek post was aimed at talking about this state of mind.
    I've been on this forum long enough to have seen about 10 threads like this, on the same subject. I just doubt that the 11Th will push the editor further up on Kemper's todo list. I don't belong to the company, and I am expressing my thoughts as any user here. It might be worth mentioning that I would love an editor, and I have subscribed and +1ed several of such threads.
    As for being aware of the forum's history... I'd consider an act of telemathic reponsibility to check a certain topic before posting a new thread. In the times when people were more accustomed to meet in person, this kind of redundancy used to be welcomed with a "RTFM", "RTFF" or other appropriate answers :D

BTW, are you from the States?

• I have nothing against this thread or people's requests, so your sarchasm sounds a bit off to me, to be fair.
    What I think is that every new member feels deeply inside themselves that if they don't point out how an editor would be useful (or critically necessary), it won't happen. So my tongue-in-cheek post was aimed at talking about this state of mind.
    I've been on this forum long enough to have seen about 10 threads like this, on the same subject. I just doubt that the 11Th will push the editor further up on Kemper's todo list. I don't belong to the company, and I am expressing my thoughts as any user here. It might be worth mentioning that I would love an editor, and I have subscribed and +1ed several of such threads.
    As for being aware of the forum's history... I'd consider an act of telemathic reponsibility to check a certain topic before posting a new thread. In the times when people were more accustomed to meet in person, this kind of redundancy used to be welcomed with a "RTFM", "RTFF" or other appropriate answers :D

BTW, are you from the States?

wow. if you read the title of the thread you should just pass it by if you dont like it. your commentary is uncalled for.
    i dont think we should have to check in with you for the green light on what to post. we all know this among other topics have been posted times before but i dont think its harming anyone. sorry i posted something i would like to see happen. so just relax and dont be so critical of us newbees.

• I am not critical at all.
    i am relaxed. Really!
    i don't have anything against this thread
    i don't have anything about those who post here
    i don't have anything about those who want and editor
    i am expressing an opinion as you are
    to clarify, my opinion is that an editor is already in the queue
    so just relax and don't be so critical with me :)

• @boblaz

IMO - Gianfranco is spot on.
    A simple search for "editor" will reveal at least 20 discussions about a software editor. This horse has been beaten to death more than just one time.
    There is also a particular section for feature requests.

Don't make this about HIS attitude.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• +1

OT
    Curious, I was just checking new posts on FB and was once again surprised by how we seem to feel excited by using the Net, this new and powerful tool of democracy and freedom. We are free to say or state anything, and indeed it seems to us that if we give up saying whatever crosses our mind, or criticizing others, we kind of get dispossessed of our rights, or better of our nature of human beings.
    this is a song I love by an Italian singer-songwriter I love. Not sure why it has come to my mind. Sorry for the poor translation, hope it makes sense.

Freedom [La libertà, by Giorgio Gaber]

I'd want to be free, free as a man.

As a just-born man who has to face just the Nature
    and walks in the woods with the joy of chasing an adventure.
    Always free and alive, he makes love like an animal,
    unconscious as a man pleased with his own freedom.

But freedom is not living on a tree,
    It's not even the flight of a fly,
    freedom is not a free space,
    Freedom is participation.

As a man who needs to wander
    and that seems able to find this room in democracy only,
    who has the right to vote, and spends his life in delegating
    and has found his new freedom in being controlled.

not even having an opinion,

Freedom is not living on a tree,
    not even the flight of a fly,

As the most evoluted man, who flies high thanks to his intelligence
    and that challenges the nature through the uncontested power of science,
    that feels inside the excitement of extending himself through the Universe with no limits
    and that's convinced that the power of thought is the only freedom.

is not even a gesture or an invention,

/OT

• well im sorry if i hurt your feelings viabcroce. not intended to . i was posting on a forum. it was not meant to be mean spirited, just wondering why even zoom modelers have a editor. it was commentary from me and curious if it is a dead horse or do others still want an editor or dont even care. apparently some of the people who have been around here for a while are tired of reading posts like this. sorry for that. seems like it is a beaten dead horse.
    nice words but im not sure what message you are trying to send to me with this poem.

• +1 for the editor.
    That's an old feature request (actually one of the first to this forum )and it seems that's useful to many KPA users.I hope that the company will respond someday.

• [quote='viabcroce','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/24108-wish-for-kemper-editor-software/?]

well im sorry if i hurt your feelings viabcroce. not intended to . i was posting on a forum. it was not meant to be mean spirited, just wondering why even zoom modelers have a editor. it was commentary from me and curious if it is a dead horse or do others still want an editor or dont even care. apparently some of the people who have been around here for a while are tired of reading posts like this. sorry for that. seems like it is a beaten dead horse.
    nice words but im not sure what message you are trying to send to me with this poem.

Doesn't matter, it's just a small OT :)
    I don't feel hurt, no problem!
    In general, my idea is that asking for an editor for the 1,000Th time is as "right" on a forum as writing that it's the 1,000Th time that someone asks for an editor.
    What I am mainly interested into is the perception of freedom each of us has.
    Peace! :)