Andertons Helix Vid

• I might be the only one here, but I found that really quite bad. the upper harmonics especially, it reminded me of a line6 product... and well it is!.. - I was hoping for good things for this OTHER than a real nice look/feel of the glossy exterior. but that just did absolute nothing for me, and is in no way on equal terms to some of the other stuff out there today.. including the Kemper..

I totally agree. The interesting thing is the "reality check" you get when you hear the outro music in the video. The guitar sound is way better in the outro music, than from the Helix :)

• Couldn't agree more. I've not had the KPA for long, and am still finding my way around it. But, having had a little poke around under the bonnet, I am staggered by the quality and quantity of the fx the Kemper offers. And a fair degree of tweakability for each one too. Okay, I still outsource my reverb duties to my HoF, but, apart from that, the fx are more than good enough. And if there is any info out there relating to getting that Thin Lizzy sound, I'd love someone to point me towards it. I tried to get the harmonizer to play nicely but got lost in the variables :/

As regards the Helix, I must admit, that I like the way the thing is laid out. But nothing really made my ears prick up and pull me away from the Kemper. Be interesting to see how well it is received once it hits the streets.

• Time to slow down on Profiling videos and concentrate on FX videos.

In case anyone missed it - I followed a link I got from Wolf in another thread regarding 'Kemper TV' - New YouTube channel by a chap called Scott. I think he goes by 'Utterlyguitarded' here and did a lot of good work with similar videos with the G system previously.

Kemperians,
    Found this on YouTube - this may develop into something interesting to follow

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regarding the Helix, looks like the rack version will follow on a little later in the UK at the same price. Making the floor system look a little better value I think...
    Just wondering how the Helix will stack up against the Fractal offering when it sees the light of day - either the AX8 or FX8.
    Liking the Helix FX, although can't say I'm hearing too much different with the modelling. Hard to tell on YouTube though.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• And if there is any info out there relating to getting that Thin Lizzy sound, I'd love someone to point me towards it. I tried to get the harmonizer to play nicely but got lost in the variables :/.

I don't want to over generalize, but diatonic thirds are a very good strating point.

• post STACK, select 'Harmonic Pitch'
    • set Voice1 Interval to +3rd
    • set the Key (use C/Amin for now)
    • activate Pure Tuning
    • Voice Mix -50% so you only get Voice1
    • Mix to ~-25%
    • no Ducking (exactly <0.0>)
    • use Stereo to position the voices

play Amin Pentatonic in a Thin Lizzy manner - whatever that means ;) with attitude, I guess

• I don't want to over generalize, but diatonic thirds are a very good strating point.

• post STACK, select 'Harmonic Pitch'
    • set Voice1 Interval to +3rd
    • set the Key (use C/Amin for now)
    • activate Pure Tuning
    • Voice Mix -50% so you only get Voice1
    • Mix to ~-25%
    • no Ducking (exactly <0.0>)
    • use Stereo to position the voices

play Amin Pentatonic in a Thin Lizzy manner - whatever that means ;) with attitude, I guess

Thanks for the info. I'll fire up the Kemper later and give it a whirl :thumbup:

• I guess a Helix with the ability to load Kemper profiles would kill any other product at the current time!

:D

Yes, and this would be the floorboard Kemper that's been requested continually since the beginning ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I'll stop posting OT stuff now ;)

Great posts are never OT :thumbup:

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• There's a part 2 now... 4 cable malarkey with a valve amp. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just watched that one. Again, nothing to get excited about sonic-wise. And Chappers managed to make it sound like every other product he has ever demo'd. They really should start taking the guitar off him a bit sooner =O

• In case anyone missed it - I followed a link I got from Wolf in another thread regarding 'Kemper TV' - New YouTube channel by a chap called Scott. I think he goes by 'Utterlyguitarded' here and did a lot of good work with similar videos with the G system previously.

Regarding the Helix, looks like the rack version will follow on a little later in the UK at the same price. Making the floor system look a little better value I think...
    Just wondering how the Helix will stack up against the Fractal offering when it sees the light of day - either the AX8 or FX8.
    Liking the Helix FX, although can't say I'm hearing too much different with the modelling. Hard to tell on YouTube though.

I've watched all those Kemper vids and so far nothing very useful tbh. However as he says he hasn't had it long and is learning it all too and he probably will much faster than I have. I think it won't be long till there's some great stuff, particularly on effects on that channel!

definitely worth following!

• Sounds pretty great to me. I have no idea if it is close to the Kemper, I'd have to hear it.

In regards to the comment about the quality of the tone when it goes into the credits, that's a fully mixed and mastered tone, possibly double tracked, EQed, compressed etc, the tone on the video is just pure, unedited tone, you can't compare them.

• I think it sound pretty good on the vid but agree there's no way really to compare till hearing it in person. But I have no use for it as the kemper does everything I need really. I have an Eventide H9 I can throw in the loop if I need more unusual algorithms, but if I hadn't already bought the kemper I would audition the Helix