Other gear ideas

• A proper first world problem I know this but as I'm sure most of you are aware, the GAS demons are not easily appeased! At the start of the year me and my band mates all decided that this year we'd push the boat out and get our ideal gear so after I've now got what I want the question is what am I missing? What's you favourite random gear/accessory that you just love?

• Besides the guitar stuff it is the recording stuff to me. Mixing, Mastering, Cubase and all those plugins, I love working with these. (See signature for more info.)
    I also was handed an E Bow on a jam last weekend. Never thought this would be so much fun. I now think about getting me one. It should be a great effect live.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Bought one (eBow) a while back and have actually found a song I can use it in. Great on acoustic too!

My current set up is:
    PRS P24 & P22
    Remote + 2 x Mission EP1-KP's
    Pete Cornish LD1
    H9 Max and H9 Core (in the loop)
    QSC K10

• My brother had an Ebow in like 78 was amazing what you can do with those.

Gotta recommend an Axe FX to go with the Kemper. Gives you all the flexibility for effects you could want and also a backup that will sound okay enough to get you through a gig!

• Did you invest in good cables?
    I'm not the voodoo-type of guitarist, but some good cables can influence the sound to some extend.
    Especially the cable from amp to cab (if you use a cab) can have a big influence.

Also you could think about buying a case for your gear.
    I plan on buying sort of a amp head rack case, where the Kemper Powerhead fits in at the top with a rack underneath.
    This way it's all together for safe transport and easy set up at gigs. Also you can take the powerhead out of the rack and take it home or to a small gig in the bag.

• Cables are all handmade and everything's racked. Space is also a challenge now as the rack is full to the brim (it also holds my pa mixer). I also don't particularly want power at the pedal board but have considered the Pedal Train Volto to get around that.

Might try the Mosaic as Ingolf seems a big fan?

• Especially the cable from amp to cab (if you use a cab) can have a big influence.

Theoretically this is exactly the opposite how it should be. A buffered strong signal is not that dependent on the cable type. However the weak signal coming from your passive guitar pickups is highly dependent. The most important thing is the capacitance of the cable. Capacitance is determined by the type and length of the cable. So make sure you use the type of cables you think "sounds good" :) between your guitar and what comes first after that. The rest is not that important. Just be sure that it is sturdy enough and will not fail.

• True, that's why I use a line driver before the amp which made such a difference when I got it, although that was back in the G-System days as those things sucked tone like hell at the front end without one!

• Theoretically this is exactly the opposite how it should be. A buffered strong signal is not that dependent on the cable type. However the weak signal coming from your passive guitar pickups is highly dependent. The most important thing is the capacitance of the cable. Capacitance is determined by the type and length of the cable. So make sure you use the type of cables you think "sounds good" between your guitar and what comes first after that. The rest is not that important. Just be sure that it is sturdy enough and will not fail.

Hi Daniel,

i have to admit, that i don't know much about the technical factors so i really can't argue about that. But i think there are more factors than just the loss of tone through weak signal. So i don't think putting a buffer in front of a bad or mediocre cable will be as good as buying a (reasonable) good cable. But as i said, i'm not the voodoo-type of guitarist, so i personally just use good midrange cables, because the effect is often not worth the money when you mostly play live. I just suggestet this, because OP wanted to know what he can spend his money on. :D

If this doesn't make sense, i'm totally open for rectification! (Or if i didn't understand you correctly.)

• Or one of these bad boys (girls)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ahahahahaha WTF? 8o

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• This :

http://www.ehx.com/products/ring-thing

This is mighty interesting...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have one at home and it is very versatile... :thumbup: