Kemper Jr.

• I've discover the magic of plugging my Kemper into a small power amp and a 1x 12" open back speaker cabinet. The sound is much more
    combo like and has me wondering ...
    I know there are thousands of players not playing large venues who would love a much less expensive Jr. version of the Kemper.
    Most features could be eliminated, including the profiler section, as most of us don't use it.
    Going thru a guitar amp speaker cab, I no longer need to tweak any rigs and rarely use o.d. stomps.
    How bout a small unit with very few knobs. Just a plug and play, with the USB port for importing rigs.?

• This was discussed several times from the beginning.
    And the consensus has been:
    Leaving the profiler out of the profiler would not cut down costs significantly.
    And playing your profiler through a 1x12" combo makes it sound much more ---- like a 1x12" combo.
    Simply play what you want to play through and only use the knobs you want to use.
    You don't have to use all the options. ;)

• Ingolf, I appreciate where you're coming from, but most musicians can't afford $1500.- $2000.
    but if there was a $700. Jr version they,d capture another huge market...

Ha, you bet if they could cut the costs down this drastically I would buy one in a heartbeat! :)

• Sounds interesting indeed: Like a Kemper Player.

Edit profiles with the upcoming editor, then push them onto the Kemper Player that has just one volume knob and maybe jacks for control pedals.
    Well, tap tempo of course and at least main fx on/off. Maybe a little EQ, bass, middle, trebble, presence for tweaking on the fly matching the venue...
    Headphone has to be. Dig out. And there you go again getting closer and closer to the KPA itself. So I can see the cost factor as well. Cool nevertheless.

But: Imagine the feature request subforum for this thing when CK is already afraid to place a metronome because he fears the debate on the sound :P:D

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I wonder how many of us would have purchased a profiler if a smaller, non profiling machine would have been in the market. Probably 50% wouldn't have bought the full size one.
    i think that , in order to lower the prices that way, Kemper should move the production in the Far East, and not just cutting features which have very high r&d costs (which have already been done).
    But, since Kemper is not likely ATM to move the production lines afaik, I strongly believe that there's no way to see a Kemper jr in the near future.

Neverthless a stomp profiler would be nice. 4 knobs, very small size, midi in and out/thru, jack in, jack out for profiling.

• If Fractal can do it then I'm sure that Kemper can also do it. I personally really want an all-in-one floorboard processor and to be honest I'm tempted to check out the AX8, I had an AxeFX II and I wasn't really happy with it but since their firmware has advanced so much since I owned it I really am curious if they have caught up to the Kemper's raw amp tone like so many people say they have. In the mean time I picked up an Atomic Amplifer, it is a great little box for sure, but with the limited amp models available I'm having a hard time finding my tone, hopefully they'll finally release the new firmware (I hear it is coming soon, that was a joke, haha) and I'll find an amp model that works for me.

But at this point, anything other than my KPA Rack is a compromise that I'm not willing to make, but it's getting close, if Kemper doesn't come out with an all-in-one floorboard model I will probably move on as soon as someone else catches up with the raw amp tone that I need, or at least gets close enough that it's not too much of a compromise.

• Neverthless a stomp profiler would be nice. 4 knobs, very small size, midi in and out/thru, jack in, jack out for profiling.

I would love it, and buy two!!!

BTW I would have bought the KPA anyway, and starting to use profiling... :D I never felt the need to use it, cause there are so many good profiles... But with that small KnonPA, I would be loading my fav profiles on it and profile them with FX (like booster etc...)

Then I would need a stomp profiler only if it could also profile time-based FX (like delay etc...). Thought that is not possible?

• I believe a Kemplayer could enter Mothership's radar when the Profiler ends its lifecycle. At that stage the loss of sales due to those who would buy a player but had only the Profiler to choose won't matter any more.

• at first I was like "KPA jr, yes! that's what is missing!".
    I also use the KPA mainly as a rig player, and tried profiling only once, but then, looking to the panel, I realized that the only unnecessary thing would have been the"profiler" option on the chicken head switch...
    From the builder perspective, I think the main difference would be only disabling the profiler software in the firmware; all the rest (and its build costs) remain the same.
    With that in mind, I'd feel a bit (just a bit! :) ) ripped off if a half priced machine like that comes out. :)
    I'd rather expect a floorboard all in one full featured KPA!
    And pricing could also maybe lower (not halve!) phisiologically as the number KPA sold increases...

• I believe a Kemplayer could enter Mothership's radar when the Profiler ends its lifecycle.

Life cycle?

Call me naive, Gianfranco, but until such time as Axe and Loon6 catch up, it's conceivable that this thing could just keep on givin'.

OK, so I am naive, but I'm also serious; IMHO, the life-cycle of a product is directly influenced by the standard of the competition, so with this in mind, "updates" in this regard would have to be more-or-less hardware-based.

• I've always said this in these kind of discussions ... and I'll say it again:
    The actual hardware inside the Profiler isn't THAT expensive. Most of the cost of the Profiler is from software engineering. The software is there anyway, so it's not such a big deal to re-use it for a small footprint unit. I am 100% sure it wouldn't be a big problem to manufacture a Kemper Jr. at a much lower price with no negative impact on Kempers ROI.

In my opinion it's more of a general business decision of CK, maybe related to limited manufacturing capacity or a general aversion against industrial mass production or mass market. Kemper are selling plenty of units but there certainly still is some nice "small company" and "family" and "Gallic Village" (Asterix) feel at the mothership. This can quickly change once you enter a mass market. Business and success are nice but I do respect if someone doesn't like to scale things to the limits.

Just my 2 cents
    Martin

• To be honest, I like the idea of one device, decide wether you go for toaster or rack and you're set.
    No worries about features missing because you went for a smaller version (which I probably would've done).
    So, since the KPA is the answer to our prayers, why not just the whole thing. I think that's the idea behind
    providing one model (in terms of features).

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• The actual hardware inside the Profiler isn't THAT expensive. Most of the cost of the Profiler is from software engineering. The software is there anyway, so it's not such a big deal to re-use it for a small footprint unit. I am 100% sure it wouldn't be a big problem to manufacture a Kemper Jr. at a much lower price with no negative impact on Kempers ROI.

If the hardware isn't that expensive, why would they sell a smaller unit at a much lower price?

• If the hardware isn't that expensive, why would they sell a smaller unit at a much lower price?

I personally believe that a floorboard rig player, similar in size to the Amplifire, and priced around $700 would sell like hotcakes and dominate the market. It would have to be mass produced, and would have good margins. As Martin stated, CK probably wants to retain more control, and keep the small company feel.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer