Outstanding customer service from Tilman at Ritter Amps and the Camplifier 290

• Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share with you the outstanding customer service experience I had dealing with Tilman at Ritter Amplification regarding the delivery of my Camplifier 290.

I bought a Camplifier 290 online from Ritter a few months ago and waited about 6 weeks before contacting Tilman as my unit had not shown up in Australia yet. He informed me that orders to Australia usually take 2-3 weeks and that my unit must have got lost in transit.

Rather than give me the run around and getting me to chase up postal services and insurances, he took it on himself to send me another unit at his own expense in good faith that if the original unit turned up, i would contact him and work out what to do with it from there.

It turned out that due to a postal service strike in Germany, the original unit had been sent via sea mail and it turned up on the same day as the replacement unit so I have 2 units now, one of which I will be offering for sale in another thread on the forum here to an Australian buyer and passing the money on to Tilman.

Thank you very much for your service Tilman, that kind of thing is unheard of in my country and I thought it only fair to let the people on the forum here know that their custom is safe in your hands.

Cheers,

Rick Hollis

• Hey Rick. I am also on the Gold Coast and may be interested in the 290. Please PM me should you still be looking to move it on.

I also had great dealings with Tilman a few years ago when I purchased a Camper 212. I agree with your sentiment those elements are sadly lacking with our local companies.

Regards,

Nic.

• Thumbs up to Tillman and Ritter amps! :thumbup:

This kind of service deserves to be known and praise! I don't know if all german companies give the same excellent service but what I know is that it's certainly the case for Kemper too!

• I would have thought that many Kemper users would be ordering these power amps for the Kemper toaster, as they look so easy to install. Hopefully they sound good too. I'm sure most users aren't aware of the company/Ritter amps. The brick should also sell well for people running pedalboards or running modellers (swear word). Needs some more exposure, user reviews and demos. Any known users from big bands? or do Kemper users typically run their outputs through powered monitors/pa cabinets or direct to front of house or through existing backlines at venues like Marshall, etc?

• 4.5 years ago I bought a Camplifier 360 for one of my Profilers and I haven't had a single issue with it. Great piece of gear and since Kemper added Stereo Monitor Out a little less than 1 year ago, it got even better, hehe.

The only small downside of it is its limitation to 8Ohms and 16Ohms speakers. So if you plan to run it through a vintage Fender combo cab, you might have to choose another model.

Regarding its popularity: Tilman Ritter runs a (very) small company and probably doesn't have the resources to do world-wide promotion. Also, I think Tilman is more busy with custom guitar amps and pedals. His partner for the Camplifier series (Marco Wendel of BlueAmps) is a small company as well and mostly busy with active and passive (FRFR) cabs.

I don't think we have to worry about them, they should be doing fine. But the Camplifier obviously never has been their "main product". :)

Both of them still lurk here even though they aren't very "active". If someone is interested, contact Tilman or Gitarrenschlumpf

• I got a Camplifier S2 from Tilman back in 2015. It's the little 25 Watt Stereo amp. I plugged it into a pair of Marshall JCM 900 1960 4x12 cabs and it sounds fantastic.

I wanted my Kemper to work the way a traditional amp does.; plug it into a guitar speaker cab and turn it on.

It was dead easy to install and set up.

Tilman was great to deal with and I've never had any trouble with the Camplifier. It works great.

I highly recommend the Camplifier and Ritter Amplification.

• I'd imagine that Camplifier sales might take a jump when the Kone is released and continuing until (or if) an active Kone comes to market. Might be time to take the plunge...

The older I get, the better I was.

• Fast forward 5 years and Tilman is still offering that great level of service.

Global crisis? Doesn't stop him. 7 day's from his workshop in Germany to my front door in the UK which included an Easter bank holiday.

Tilman deserves every good thing that comes his way if his business benefits from the Kemper Kabinet release.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel