Atomic CLR vs. Yamaha DXR10 for Kemper and Backup Stage Monitor/Speaker

• Hi Ingolf.Thanx a lot for the caution.Indeed I read the same from a Keys-Player in a blog too who plays with two loud guitars in his band..the EV just does not have enough headroom..

Well,If I can get enough money (need a better foot controller as well) I will go for the DXR but right now I think about other solutions because I have to.I looked for weeks for a second hand DXR but found none.Than again I found many EVs for 250-300 bucks which is well within my budget.Add to this that winter time is approaching fast and there are many gigs to come.I dont have much "headroom" ie time.

Tough decisions.As a local proverb says:"Bought me the best cheese but no money left for the bread.."
    X/

• I looked for weeks for a second hand DXR but found none.Than again I found many EVs for 250-300 bucks which is well within my budget.Add to this that winter time is approaching fast and there are many gigs to come.I dont have much "headroom" ie time.

Same here Nikos. I've been monitoring the usual online places here in the U.S for used DXR10 a good priced (ie: less than $499 USD) for about 4 months. Nothing has surfaced except for some "C" stock units and the occasional one that looks like it has literally been pushed off the back of a moving truck. :huh:

I'm in no rush as I already have a single DXR10 (that has been used a tonne and has never let me down) and am just looking to find it a partner is a good deal ever surfaces. I'm not sure where in the world you are, but hopefully it's not you and me that get into a bidding war over one when one does get listed! :D

Good luck!

• Same here Nikos. I've been monitoring the usual online places here in the U.S for used DXR10 a good priced (ie: less than $499 USD) for about 4 months. Nothing has surfaced except for some "C" stock units and the occasional one that looks like it has literally been pushed off the back of a moving truck. :huh:

I'm in no rush as I already have a single DXR10 (that has been used a tonne and has never let me down) and am just looking to find it a partner is a good deal ever surfaces. I'm not sure where in the world you are, but hopefully it's not you and me that get into a bidding war over one when one does get listed! :D

Good luck!

For the US, try getting a quote from:

Mike Pyle
    Audiopyle Sound
    707-315-6204
    [email protected]

You might be surprised at his pricing ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Has anyone tried the Carvin PM Loudspeakers? Carvin generally makes decent gear, and their basic 10" 400w monitor is only $179. With 3 inputs and EQ it's $279.

• I bought the Friedman ASM-12 powered monitor and couldn't be happier about purchasing it. It's very new just came out last few months I think and kind of hard to find in stock but I got lucky on Sweetwater.com. It was down to the Atomic CLR and the Friedman ASM-12 for me and I made the decision to go with the Freidman. The Atomic CLR sounded amazing from what I heard but the Friedman was a little less expensive, in stock when the CLR was out, looked great to me (especially having a cloth grill like a real amp cab) and Friedman makes great amps and cabs and I liked that they (may just be a marketing thing) say they made the monitor with the Kemper in mind. Tuned and geared more for a more amp like response while still being true FRFR. I gotta say I don't know how the sound could get any better to my ears paired with the Kemper. Kemper + Friedman equals the best money I have ever spent on any gear. Highly recommend at least checking it out to see if it fits you. There are some decent clips of the sound from a guy called X-Mann over at the gear page forums and a really good review here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…iedman-asm-12-review.html. Just food for thought.

• I bought the Friedman ASM-12 powered monitor and couldn't be happier about purchasing it. It's very new just came out last few months I think and kind of hard to find in stock but I got lucky on Sweetwater.com. It was down to the Atomic CLR and the Friedman ASM-12 for me and I made the decision to go with the Freidman. The Atomic CLR sounded amazing from what I heard but the Friedman was a little less expensive, in stock when the CLR was out, looked great to me (especially having a cloth grill like a real amp cab) and Friedman makes great amps and cabs and I liked that they (may just be a marketing thing) say they made the monitor with the Kemper in mind. Tuned and geared more for a more amp like response while still being true FRFR. I gotta say I don't know how the sound could get any better to my ears paired with the Kemper. Kemper + Friedman equals the best money I have ever spent on any gear. Highly recommend at least checking it out to see if it fits you. There are some decent clips of the sound from a guy called X-Mann over at the gear page forums and a really good review here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…iedman-asm-12-review.html. Just food for thought.

Looks interesting, but at 52lbs is just too heavy for me ...

• Got mine for $799 free shipping vs CLR at $999 plus shipping. Not a crazy huge difference but saving $200 helped my decision when considering purchasing the Kemper with the monitor at the same time.