Atomic Amps Support, this is getting really bad.

• I still have my NL212 and GT1000FX. I'm contemplating selling both for an all-in-one solution - something I can take to a gig if I need stage volume, or leave at home if not in use. The FR212 IS indeed awesome, but that doubles my carrying weight (it's close to 60 lbs., whereas the NL212, which I'm spectacularly happy with tonally, is around 30 lbs.), and doesn't solve the problem of hot having to take a power amp to a gig when I'm not using that functionality.

Matrix Q12A ?

• It's all well and good that Tom chimed in, but I've seen this same exact thing regarding Atomic's customer service on other forums. People send multiple emails with support issues and get zero response. They then finally decide to post about their experience on a message board and Tom quickly appears to squash the situation and promises better support going forward. Until the next person complains and then the cycle starts again. Hopefully he means it this time.

BTW, I own a CLR wedge and I'm happy with it. But if I ever experience the issues described here and the lack of support that follows, it will be gone faster than you can say "Jay Mitchell is a tool".

• FWIW, I didn't know about this thread until last night. The OPs amp was on his way back to him on the Sept. 1st - two days earlier. It had absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I'm looking forward to letting Atomic's actions speak louder than words now that we are staffed up to accommodate the fortunate growth of our business.

• Thanks again Tom for the poweramp. I got it today and the installation was really easy. The CLR is roaring again.

I hope you got you're support side sorted now :)

-f

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• It's all well and good that Tom chimed in, but I've seen this same exact thing regarding Atomic's customer service on other forums. People send multiple emails with support issues and get zero response. They then finally decide to post about their experience on a message board and Tom quickly appears to squash the situation and promises better support going forward. Until the next person complains and then the cycle starts again.

I kinda feel you. OTOH, this is the first time AFAIK that Tom states that an important upgrade to customer service has taken place.
    I hope for the best :)

• To be clear, I am a Line 6 product manager and don't mean to interfere here. I just want to inform you that we have investigated and resolved the fan rattle issue in May of 2014. We have tested and approved a new fan (..that does not rattle :-)) and all customers that had a bad experience can have it replaced through our customer service and all speakers produced after May 2014 have the new fan.

Is there a way of knowing when was a specific unit produced? Is there a manufacture date stamped somewhere? Or maybe a serial number range?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• I sent an email asking some questions about the Amplifire last Wednesday. Still no response. I wonder where his new people are?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I sent an email asking some questions about the Amplifire last Wednesday. Still no response. I wonder where his new people are?

I put myself on the waiting list when it was first announced - must be years ago now - and haven't heard a peep about making an order since. Doesn't give me much confidence in the company to be honest.

• Unless you are willing to compromise on the turnaround for repairs/replacements you should either stock spares yourself or refrain from using boutique gear. There is actually not that much botique gear to be spotted on the road aside from profiled endorsers who get direct support from the factories. The KPA is now so common that I consider it a commodity piece. It is available everywhere. Atomic Amp products, regardless of their excellence, is a different story. I won't question the sonic qualities of the CLR for a second, but find it hard to rely on for a touring musician in Europe. There are several competing products in the same price-bracket that offer superior availability around here.

• I was on the phone with Tom a couple of days ago (fare to him, my office time oversea). Don't think for a second that he doesn't care about customers, even potential ones. He's the first to be upset when things do not work perfectly.

AA has made a giant leap upward in terms of notoriety. Tom was used to lead his business by himself as much as possible, and he's been realizing this is no longer possible with the increasing interest by the market and the growing number of offered products.
    I believe AA is experiencing a "growth crisis", as we call it here.

Of course this can become uncomfortable for customers, but I don't think that the happened facts can hint at a lack of care or interest by AA towards users. This is in no-one advantage.

HTH

• I was on the phone with Tom a couple of days ago (fare to him, my office time oversea). Don't think for a second that he doesn't care about customers, even potential ones. He's the first to be upset when things do not work perfectly.

I don't think anybody here are questioning his intentions. Tom is struggling upstream like every boutique builder. They simply can't compete for service and availability with makers who are represented by national/regional distributors each with units in stock and a network of resellers.

The KPA controller is btw still in the same boat too. You still can't buy it separately other than directly from Kemper, lead-time is still more than 3 months, and nobody seem to have bundles with the foot-controller in stock either.