Tipp #2: Go FRFR

• Yes, you can connect your old guitar speaker cabinet to your KPA (direct in case you own a powered KPA or with the use of a cheap - or expensive power amp).

You could even put the KPA in front (or into the loop) of your guitar amp.

BUT

You will miss most of the KPA fun.

Your guitar speaker will always sound like your guitar speaker - and the real speaker plays a big part of the game.

In case you did not try it before - use a large FRFR speaker system - and get to the next level.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I only like running full range if everyone else is too (mic'd up or running direct). I tried it with an RCF NX 10 SMA for months and was never happy with the sound balance when the other guitarist was running through a normal guitar cab. This mostly applies to rehearsals. For gigs I run direct, assuming there's a PA, but still use a cab for stage sound if there are other live cabs on stage as well.

• I've been using a Yamaha DXR10 and I'm reasonably satisfied with it, but I've been thinking of trying a guitar cab again.

Then again, I haven't been able to try Pure Cab yet because apparently there are issues when using MIDI controllers. Hopefully that will be sorted out soon.

• I opted for a Matrix NL212. It's not a FRFR, but an extended range cabinet with a flatter-than-most response curve. With a little EQing (I use a cheap Behringer rack-mount EQ), I can keep the cab section ON, and get a "95% there" sound out of that cab, and it booms more like a real guitar cab. Plus, the NL212 is only 30 lbs.

I only use the outboard EQ because I use the Main Outs for my power amp (Matrix GT1000FX), which powers my cab in stereo (the NL212 is a stereo cab, and I use a Timeline and a BigSky in stereo on my board). I also use the main outs for the "to house" sound (via the XLR outputs), so I keep a flat EQ on the Kemper, and a modified EQ for the power amp/cab combo. The nice thing about this is I can play in stereo through either my cab or monitors at home. If I get to a gig and they don't do stereo, I flip my main outs to use mono, and I'm still good to go, and I have the same sound coming through my cab as the house has.

All that to say, I'm a fan of cabs that aren't limited like guitar speakers, but still have some character to them. When I play through my monitors at home, it sounds GREAT, but it doesn't sound "live." I haven't mucked around with the new Pure Cab functionality because I don't have the beta, but, once I get there, I might have to reconsider my setup.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• MrMan: Running a Kemper/FRFR next to a traditional guitar cab is only fair after the guitar cab get's mic'd and you compare that result. Try out your RCF setup again using Pure Cab, then it's more like apples to apples.

tayvrown90: Check out Mission Gemini cabs, FRFR that look like real cabs. There are others out there as well, that's just what I use and couldn't be happier. They also thump like mad if you want them to.

• MrMan: Running a Kemper/FRFR next to a traditional guitar cab is only fair after the guitar cab get's mic'd and you compare that result. Try out your RCF setup again using Pure Cab, then it's more like apples to apples.

tayvrown90: Check out Mission Gemini cabs, FRFR that look like real cabs. There are others out there as well, that's just what I use and couldn't be happier. They also thump like mad if you want them to.

Exactly, that's why I said I'm fine with going FRFR if the other guitarist is mic'd or running direct too. I got rid of the RCF long ago for a powered toaster.

• I only like running full range if everyone else is too (mic'd up or running direct). I tried it with an RCF NX 10 SMA for months and was never happy with the sound balance when the other guitarist was running through a normal guitar cab. This mostly applies to rehearsals. For gigs I run direct, assuming there's a PA, but still use a cab for stage sound if there are other live cabs on stage as well.

I use the same frfr from rcf and i am more than happy with the sound, especially after using pure cab. I live in both worlds, because i also use a mesa boogie rect yfier 2x12 v30 real cab with a t.amp power amp.
    The recty cab is connected to monitor out with cab sim of, the frfr is on left main out.
    cheers
    Frank

• I bought a used Matrix FRFR212 on Friday and coming from a Celestion K100 loaded 2x12 guitar cab it's very different. If I'm honest, I didn't warm to it immediately but after a few minutes of playing I started to get over the difference and find it rather enjoyable. Pure Cab has been quite fun too.

I'm not 100% sold on it yet, I'm planning to stick with it exclusively for a few weeks and will then try the guitar cab again to see what it feels like coming back to it. The loser will probably go on Ebay.

• The KPA sounds awesome through my powered Opal monitors.

They're not designed for live use, but if one could rack 'em up or encase them somehow for said purpose, they'd sound legendary IMHO.

They're FRFR, are capable of 1000w peak and have an unheard-of amount of headroom. Over-engineered in every respect and designed and built, including components, from the ground up by Event (Rode, of microphone fame) here in Jungleville... I mean, Aus.

• KPA - jaký aktivní reprobox použít . Ví někdo a dokáže poradit . Dík.: palec nahoru:

edited by Mod - Google Translate:

"welche aktive Box verwendet werden soll. Kennt jemand und kann helfen. Danke: Daumen hoch:"