Adding "air" to profile through studio monitors?

• Maybe a stupid question but I am using Dynaudio BM5A mkIIs for my studio monitors and mostly MBritt and Amp Factory pro profiles for rigs. Obviously the rigs sound great but I just feel like they are very "tight" sounding, if that makes any sense? I'd like to add a bit of "air" or openness to the sound- not really changing the sound of the profile but more changing the feel of the output.

I'm not looking to add volume since the BM5As can get pretty loud. I've tried a few different (less expensive) monitors and haven't really found what I am looking for, although going through a set of HiFi speakers sounded a bit better but clipped like crazy. Do you think it could be that the Dynaudios are just "tight" sounding (they are a few years old so they should be broken in). Should I add a mixer with reverb (Mackie ProFX12 with reverb) to add a bit of air to the output and not the profile?

I had the AxeFX a while back and there were some settings that could "open up" the sounds and make them a bit "airier" but I'm not sure if the same thing is available on the Kemper (I like the sound of the Kemper better).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

• Awesome! Thanks guys! I'll be giving all of these a try tonight! SOunds like the "Space" parameter might be just what I am looking for. Adding a bit of sag and presence won't hurt either!

Thanks Again!

• Hi kwk13

Coincidentally I use the same monitors (series1) and have mostly MBritt and TAF profiles... who'd a thunk!
    Anyway Im just a home player so low volume is needed but I want to get that openness as well. I'm playing a LP Traditional. Here is what I do as a basic start:
    For most profiles I need to turn the Presence down a few notches - I find the monitors can become shrill and not warm enough
    I add a nice Hall Reverb (Ambient Fat tweaked a little)
    In the X slot I usually add the Space effect on default 5
    I usually have some delay (cause I like it !)
    I go into the Amp settings and turn down the amp volume a bit
    I tend to increase the Amp Clarity a little
    Sometimes I will add a little Amp Direct Mix as well
    I like to tweak other settings as well, but try these and see how you go
    cheers

• Hi AussieJoe! Thanks for all the setting info! I'll give it all a try. Honestly I haven't really delved into all the settings......but I should. I just kinda set it up and let it fly!

I tried the "space" parameter and it made ALL the difference to me! Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. The tone now seems more natural and less beaming from the speakers. It is a very light effect but huge in feel (IMHO). This was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again to everyone that helped!