Weird that no-one mentioned it yet...

• I like to take these kind of threads with a grain of salt, and a bit of humour.

Hope this link works :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy :)

• Classic clip! In the spirit of MP we should have a competition to see who can come up with the weirdest thing the Kemper hasn't been mentioned in comparison to yet. I'll start and buy the winner one of Andy's single profiles of their choice (£4.99) to spur on the crazy.

It's weird that no-one mentioned it yet ... But my Cuisinart toaster is nothing as good as my Kemper. Though it can do bagels, reheat, has a LED indicator, Shade Control and a crumb tray. All features my Kemper is missing and thus could be considered by some to be inferior.

• Continuing in the spirit of Monty Python...and perhaps apropos to how that other digital amp is marketed:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I tried the AXE FX II first hand and I read the manual. Did you read the manual? If you did, do you know how the impedance curve affect the sound of tube amp? Can you enlighten us how you set those parameters to get accurate results? Better yet , have you seen Fractal anywhere demonstrate the amp they modeled to show how accurate their modeling is?

Don't bother looking, because if you had read the manual, you would have known, that AXE FX II is not about accuracy so you will never see that AXE FX dumble because it only exists on paper schematic!

All I care about is how it sounds. And to me Axe-FX II sounds better than the Kemper.

• Let me point the obvious to you, not to anyone who reads this thread, because they all see it!!

So you bought the Kemper, never registered it, never felt the need to sign up to this forum (you have about 5 posts so far so you couldn't have bought the kemper last week when you sigged up) and you sold it and bought the AXE FX but felt the need to register to the Kemper Forum, not to register a product or share info with users, but to defend the AXE FX II. :D

I bought the Kemper in late June, registered here June 25.

[Blocked Image: http://s14.postimg.org/7er5a7aq9/Snap2.jpg]

I did actually start a thread here after I received the Kemper, but apparently the moderator here did not like it and nuked it.

• I thank that this thread was dead... I just can't understand why some Fractal users feel the need to do this kind of stuff on the Kemper forum... ?(

I don't understand why some Kemper users feel the need to do it here, either. Use what works for you, let others use what works for them. It's just gear.

• It's going to get pretty ugly for some of the AXE FX fan boys. It seems they will soon be blaming fractal for releasing the AX8, the new AXE FX II killer. Over at the fractal forum they're already complaining that the new AX8 can do 8-10 effects plus amp models while the FX8 can do only 8 without amp models.

I can't imagine what they will do when the AXE II will loose most of it's value, as most who're interested in AXE II will buy AX 8 instead. By the release of AX8, the AXE FX II will flood ebay.

Line 6 just dragged Fractal into competing into its turf by selling the AX8 (practically an AX FX II without dual amp) including a controller for half the price of AXE II. I wonder if Fractal can pull off any sales of significance without real distribution channels if they keep relying on Mom and pops waiting list business model.

Helix in the united states can be had for $1,100 already which is still less than 1400 + shipping for AX8. Wait until line 6 releases their other scaled down helix that can still do dual amps at 700-800. and when Helix is in the hands of more players and guitar players realize that AXE FX modeling is not better than those in Helix, it will get really interesting.

Edited 5 times, last by Dean_R ().

• Dean, I am no big fan of Fractal. It's not due to their equipment. Even though I strongly prefer the KPA, I recognize that the Axe FX II is an excellent digital modeling amp in it's own right. Furthermore, I am cool with the fact that some people might prefer it over the Kemper. No skin off my back.

However, I have less than positive feelings about the owner of FAS. Specifically, I feel his personality (and policies) are unprofessional, and often times insulting to those who's opinions and thoughts are not in line with his own. Furthermore, Fractal is less than gracious when it comes to their peer competition. Long story short, I have witnessed conduct that I found distasteful and unbecoming.

Now, with that said...I think you are going a bit over-board, here. I am of the strong opinion that the Kemper community is better than TGP and FAS forums, and that we should be governed by the better angels of our nature.

Cheers,
    John

• Who really cares what Helix does or dosnt. If it can play 10 amps at a time or not. If it cost 1400 or 400.
    If it sounds like Line6 it is still useless.
    Maybe we should wait untill we actually hear usefull demos from products before we doom them or dont.

• Well, Cliff is not a stupid. If he decided to put new models on the shelf it's because he felt that good-sounding units are becoming cheaper and did not FAS to be left out of that market. Be sure, there will still be users who will go for the most expensive. IOW, I believe that the rationale would be that most of those who are going to buy an AX8 would have mot bought an FX anyway, amd would be probably attracted by other brands.
    The XL experience must have said something to Fractal: it's likely in their projections enough people will still want their top products.

• ....I think you are going a bit over-board, here.

Thanks John:

I'm just speculating that AXE II will be discontinued with the release of AX8 which is practically an AXE FX II without dual amps at almost half the price!! That's very probable regardless how good or bad the AXE II is and I also did suggest that Kemper will also have to react to this price drop to what many consider to be a premium modeler.

I'm looking at it from a business prospective speculation for what I see as very many good valid reasons that support my speculation.

• I did actually start a thread here after I received the Kemper, but apparently the moderator here did not like it and nuked it.

we don't 'nuke' threads here.
    if a thread is full of off topic posts and personal attacks, it might get closed if mod intervention(s) doesn't change anything.

to the best of my knowledge, if your thread was deleted (and I don't see it in your posting history) it was because of the conduct - not the topic.

also I'd like to use this opportunity to remind everyone to please be civil and on topic.
    thanks guys :)

• , I believe that the rationale would be that most of those who are going to buy an AX8 would have mot bought an FX anyway....

It has the same Grid as the AXE FX II , you can copy an identical single path from the AXE FXII into AX8. It's just not dual path, those who know that dual paths aren't by any stretch important or crucial won't pay double the price for dual path. Yes there will always be those who will buy the Status symbol Flagship, but will there be that many that would pay double price for arguably less features for someone who wants a controller? I personally don't think there will be enough of them for the AXE II to be a viable products.

Clearly I can be wrong and might have under estimated the vanity factor of wanting a status symbol, but for most working guitarists dual paths are useless if compared with having a controller instead.

Edited 2 times, last by Dean_R ().