HELP!!!!!Please help me out quickly guys…..no input…system not responsive….no usb activity….

• Hi everybody.
    I am an italian professional guitar player and producer, my activities relate to the KPA very closely. Please help me i need to solve this very quickly if possible i have big gigs coming in a few days.
    Today i start my kemper after a rehearsal i had yesterday and it is showing some serious issues.

NO INPUT. I does not detect any incoming signal. I HAVE BEEN TRYING DIFFERENT CABLES AND GUITARS. The tuner stays in idle position. obviously….no output either.
    The system is very slow, unusable. I TRIED EVERY SORT OF RESET PROCEDURE. Disconnecting the power cable and waiting……turning it on in tuner mode with every sort of key combo. It did perform the resets but non luck with my issues.

My only bet would be to update or downgrade the firmware BUT it is not detecting any usb pen i plug in. I tried many.

I was thinking at a hardware problem, but all these symptoms…all together…this is so weird.

My release is 3.0.02 10951

Do you guys think i should just ship it (the warranty is still valid) or there is some kind of procedure i could try before that?

• Did you check the input is set ok? Press the input button and check that front input is selected.

Yes i did. Plus…that would not explain the rest.

I just noticed that it does not connect to the computer and Rig Manager.

• I remember that a guy here had the same problem. At the end he discovered that he had plugged the guitar in the headphone input... If you are a professional guitar player, for sure you didn't make the same mistake but it's better to check.

• I remember that a guy here had the same problem. At the end he discovered that he had plugged the guitar in the headphone input... If you are a professional guitar player, for sure you didn't make the same mistake but it's better to check.

Ha ha ha. Yes i understand. but i am doing everything correctly PLUS i have all the other issues.

• UPDATE (22.35)I tried also booting from the usb….initializing flash memory…….restoring factory content.Still having the same problems. I am losing hope.

• There is a little indicator light on the front showing input signal coming in. This should be illuminating green (or red if a really hot signal) when ANY input is coming in. If that's not showing up, and you've tried different guitars and cables which you know to work, the only other thought could be that your input is set to the wrong input.

Go into your input settings to verify that you're using the correct input - tap the input button and make sure Input Source is set to the correct input - either front or rear/alternative. If the front input doesn't work, you can try using the rear input as well.

Edit: I didn't read closely enough, and saw that this was already recommended. Contact support.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Maybe the DSP module may come out of the slot???

Good call Damian. That is exactly what happened. i can see it laying detached, using a lamp through the metal grid. I checked a video online that shows the inside of the Kemper and i think i recognize that dsp.

Now, what should i do? Should i just open up the Kemper and fix it in 5 minutes?i suspect i would kill the warranty…….

If i do not fix it myself, i would have to ship it all over to Germany….oh Lord…..

• i can see it laying detached, using a lamp through the metal grid.…..

gosh!!! that is painful!..a horrifying view a guess....

c'mon Alessio, hang on: everything will turn out allright even if you have to ship it to the vendor

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Good call Damian. That is exactly what happened. i can see it laying detached, using a lamp through the metal grid. I checked a video online that shows the inside of the Kemper and i think i recognize that dsp.

Now, what should i do? Should i just open up the Kemper and fix it in 5 minutes?i suspect i would kill the warranty…….

If i do not fix it myself, i would have to ship it all over to Germany….oh Lord…..

This is Rack version? Ask support about this. If you need the kpa asap maybe they allow you to diy without loosing warranty.