More rig tag/view options

• In current Kemper SW version the instrument options in "rig tag" menu are either "guitar" or "bass" and we have "just bass"-option in the "views" menu, but it would be nice to have some more options for instrument (eg. "acoustic guitar", maybe even "other instrument") and also additional rig tag (such as "clean", "acoustic", "crunch", "drive", "distortion", "special effect", etc.). In addition of there tag options, it would be handy if KPA could have an option to select several options from "views" menu side by side based on tags. For example, you could select and view both "just bass" and "just distortion", or "just guitar" and "just clean" or any other combination you would like.

In my opinion, this would offer a tremendous help for users with hundreds of profiles, because the comparison of profiles which are on similar style would be much more straightforward. And this means that selecting and picking up your favourite profiles (and also getting rid of the profiles which are "quite good, but not as good as this other profile") would be far easier.

Original idea for sorting based on amp/cab is nice, but nowadays we have several different variations for amp/cab names. For example, the name of a well-known classic Marshall amp can be "Marshall", "Mar1959", "Johnnys Marshall", "Super Lead", "1959 SL", et cetera. Thus, sorting by amp is not that useful anymore in my opinion.

-Jari

• Now I have some time to explain this idea in detail.

I know that several users have several categories and subcategories for different instruments and sounds they use in different environments, at least I do. :) For example, I have different profiles for clean electric guitar, acoustic guitar (studio & live), clean & drive sounds for bass guitar, electric guitar crunch, different profiles for studio and live, distorted rhythm guitar, distorted lead guitar, special effects and even some profiles for vocals, keyboards and some weird traditional instruments et cetera. As you can see, Kemper is a multi-purpose tool for me... :)

The downside is that it is getting harder and harder to keep everything organized in a decent manner. I've been using KPA since SW version 1.5 and during this time Kemper has added lots of new functionalities (pitch shifting, more support for bass guitar etc.) and also number of useful profiles has increased dramatically. Now it would be nice to have some more support functionalities for organization as well, in the same vein as "favourite" and "bass" rig tags they have already added. Rig manager is nice of course, but unfortunately rig tags are lacking.

My suggestion to solve this problem is to add an additional rig tag label and also multi-selection list for rig views (take a look at my incredible Excel drawing skills for example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtcg0m9g0qlxyoo/rigtags.jpg?dl=0). I would love to be able to select several rig tags to be viewed at the same time (eg. to view only profiles with rig tags "just bass" and "clean" and "favourite"). And from the technical point of view, the implementation of rig tag functionalities shouldn't be too complex either.

Does anyone else have similar problems with organization of their profiles? FYI, the number of profiles in my KPA is not thousands but around 400, but sometimes searching of the suitable profile can still be a little bit frustrating.

-Jari