Be careful with the amp / company names

• Amp were created to make music - so the manufacturer loves to see these amps on stage or be used on great records.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Amp were created to make music - so the manufacturer loves to see these amps on stage or be used on great records.

True but the amps used on the great records were paid for or used to make millions of dollars...kinda what I'm talking about. For live use, how would the artists make the money they make without using those amps? It's a vicious cycle. I don't see a difference.

• Yes, the last time Yesterday.

I got complains years before and have a lawyer for brand names involved.
    Until yesterday was it fine that I wrote 'Seeking to re-create the sound of...' on top of my amp description column on my homepage - and that all my profiles have generic names.

One manufacturer told me Yesterday that their company does not like to see their brand names in bold letters on my homepage.
    So I changed this for ALL of my 66 profile packs and asked him today if it's fine for him - and he said it' fine now.

I was not aware that some designs of amps are also protected - not only logos - so I changed this as well.

Basically are we not allowed to use the brand name to make the impression that we sell something of this brand (e.g. a Marshall Profile) we do not sell e.g. a Marshall profile - but profiles created by using a Marshall - and we have to give these profile our own names not the real brand name.

It's fine to use these names in describton of 'used gear'.

So to sell a Marshall Profile is not ok

To sell a BritPower profile and explaining that you have used a Marshall to try to create these sound is fine.

But copyright and brand names law is complicated and may be different in other countries - so ask a lawyer in your own country to be sure.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Edited 6 times, last by Armin ().

• No they cant and they wont. - you are LEGALLY allowed to use whatever name you want real OR not, if you are giving something away for Free. - IF your making a profit on behalf of someone else s name, then its not legally plausible. and therefore in breech.

I am nor sure if this is right - yes, you can name your own profiles free or bought to whatever name you like (for your own use).

But nobody can call a profile e.g. a Marshall profile and then distribute it - free or paid.

I am sure this will give a lot of trouble in the next time.

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• How about the amp and cabinet tags? Do those need to all changed too? Or just the names of the individual profiles or packs?

My profiles do not have any protected brand names - not in the profile name, not in the amp nor cabinet tag.

That is something criticized by some customers - because it's harder to find in Rigmanager or in the KPA - but I believe it's the same thing for the tags as for the profile name.

Why should it be fine to name the amp (or cab) block with the brand name - and only the full rig with a generic name.

It would be fine if Kemper would clarify this - especially for free profiles and rig exchange.

Some manufacturers are really angry about the whole profiling thing.

• From what you write I assume you had some problems in the past with all of this? Who warned you to change the names, taggs etc etc? Just curious. And I back this generic names 100% that way you can sell something that you created. That way is not doing any harm to amp companies. Who cares what the names is for Kemper pack, profiles,cab names etc etc if it sounds good in demo clip \m/

And after all lets admit, every customer can change the profile name, mics, bla blaas the way they like. How to stop that?

• Great idea Ivan to use our phonetic pronunciation for the English words ! :P
    They will never catch you !
    (maderfakers !)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)