Be careful with the amp / company names

• Sold Anus = Soldano

Crikey, speak for yourself, Maestro!

Me? I own my own ass. LOL

Cock = Koch

You weren't kidding when you said you had a brainwave (as in thinking with your, er, head), were you? LOL

Flux = Fuchs

You seriously missed the boat on this one, bro'!

Sesam Boogums Duo Rectum Frier....

I used to eat tripe as a kid. Almost the same thing as fried rectumtitties...

EDIT:

All kidding aside, this buffoonery illustrates, for me anyway, quite clearly just how absurd this situation is.

• Kemper is here in the last 4 years , not from yesterday....
    4 years of not reacting is too much ...
    Axe have the same problem, they use amps names as well, and many other companies ..

times have changed. You need to keep in mind that 4 years ago Axe and Kemper were relatively unknown, unproven technology. Now, as it is, every other pro, even huge names, use them to cut costs, if nothing else, especially on road. Probably even more than every other one.

It's a proper threat for these companies. General public starts to be aware when they see their idols on stage with a little digital machine behind them instead of bulky, expensive and unreliable tube amp.
    Here is a prophecy for all of us: in 5 years time, only the biggest acts (maybe 2-3 of them) will be taking tube amps on road. I'd invest in fake marshal front end factory now.. and thta's what all these companies should do instead of suing. Make fake front ends of their products.

• times have changed. You need to keep in mind that 4 years ago Axe and Kemper were relatively unknown, unproven technology. Now, as it is, every other pro, even huge names, use them to cut costs, if nothing else, especially on road. Probably even more than every other one.

It's a proper threat for these companies. General public starts to be aware when they see their idols on stage with a little digital machine behind them instead of bulky, expensive and unreliable tube amp.
    Here is a prophecy for all of us: in 5 years time, only the biggest acts (maybe 2-3 of them) will be taking tube amps on road. I'd invest in fake marshal front end factory now.. and thta's what all these companies should do instead of suing. Make fake front ends of their products.

Funny conclusion :D

Maybe the KPA is fairly new, but there have been alternatives long ago and the big brands didn't react. Line 6's digital amp AxSYS 212 was released in 1996 (!), followed later by the POD-series. Rocktron released their preamps (G.A.P. 1 / Pro Gap) even earlier and Hughes & Kettner's Cream Machine goes back to the 80's. Mesa/Boogie's Studio Preamp was also released in the 80's, featuring cab-simulation outputs. I played all that stuff (except AxSYS 212), my studio set-up at that time: different preamps direct to desk and different miked amps + cabs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Funny conclusion :D

Maybe the KPA is fairly new, but there have been alternatives long ago and the big brands didn't react. Line 6's digital amp AxSYS 212 was released in 1996 (!), followed later by the POD-series. Rocktron released their preamps (G.A.P. 1 / Pro Gap) even earlier and Hughes & Kettner's Cream Machine goes back to the 80's. Mesa/Boogie's Studio Preamp was also released in the 80's, featuring cab-simulation outputs. I played all that stuff (except AxSYS 212), my studio set-up at that time: different preamps direct to desk and different miked amps + cabs.

You forgot ADA-MP1. I am still regretting selling mine.

On a serious note, as I said times changed. Technology has improved. I mean it, Kemper sounds so good that I believe we are blessed by witnessing a revolution here. I don't think tube amps will ever disappear tho, but we will see less on them during tours and in small budget studios.

• The ADA-MP1 was great, too, you are right.

Of course tube-amps will not disappear, I still have several ones and I'll keep them. For me the KPA is a powerful addition to my existing gear, I use the Kemper for studio-work and bigger tours, on smaller stages without in-ear I still prefer a "real" tube amp. I'm not a big fan of FRFR-cabs and I like the sound and feel of a simple one-channel tube-amp, a guitar-cab and some pedals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• And this big guys from amp companies are angry on using names like Fender or they are angry also on model name like Vibroverb?

Both :(

I wonder what should happen with the already sold or shared profiles? Do the user/customers send them back to the author so he can change all tags/names and then returning to the users/customes or what? :D

• Both :(

I wonder what should happen with the already sold or shared profiles? Do the user/customers send them back to the author so he can change all tags/names and then returning to the users/customes or what? :D

And what in case if customers bought Friender Blockfas and they renamed the tags to Fender Blackface. Shouldn't big guys from amp companies seek to installing malware on every modeler/profiler and scan the tags? :D

• And what in case if customers bought Friender Blockfas and they renamed the tags to Fender Blackface

As a customer you can do whatever you like.
    I was thinking about an extensive SQL statement that can easily be run in SQLite Manager and relabel all rigs' metadata in a given database.
    But so far, I haven't done this because there is no common ground for rig naming.

• One should make a tool that rename the amp names in profiles automatically, with the help of a matching list.
    This matching list would be maintained by the community (or the community of profile makers :D )
    Users would rename their profiles only locally : nobody can complain.

• Both :(

I wonder what should happen with the
    already sold or shared profiles? Do the user/customers send them back to the author so he can change all tags/names and then returning to the users/customes or what? :D

So FENVIB or VIBRATO VERB?
    How about a note (based on Fender Vibroverb) ??
    Same problem then ?