Hi KemperitianZ !!!
If any of you expercienced (or heard than someone experienced) clicks, pops, spikes, cracks when recording to the interface (or even at playbeck in my case) - I think I found solution.
I marked it [SOLVED] although I haven't found the solution directly through the forum - user Thianzu suggested me this on PM.
I have Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB interface on Windows 7.
I tried :
- disabling WIFI interface (turning off WIFI)
- disabling laptop onboard soundcard
- disabling ethernet, modem, firewire in Device Manager
- using High Performance power plan in Control Panel -> Power Options
- disabling in BIOS Intel Virtualization Technology
- changing buffer size in ASIO settings
- installing ASIO4ALL drivers
Nothing helped - I was having clicks when recording in DAW, even when playing YouTube or mp3. I was about to kick this nasty Focusrite.
You have to download small zip file with custom power profile. After importing this profile using prepared script, you have to choose it in Control Panel -> Power Options.
[Blocked Image: http://s29.postimg.org/b8qfr01xj/audio_proc.png]
It works. It just works. All is clear and silent now!
So spread the word. If it affects you, check if this works for you.