Metric Halo ULN-2 and the Kemper

• Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a Metric Halo ULN-2. Does anyone use their Kemper with this interface? It seems like that combo shouldn't be an issue, but I'm hoping someone with first hand experience using both units together could confirm that.

One thing I'm a little unclear on is the SPDIF connections on both units . I believe the ULN-2 has coax SPDIF I/O, and the Kemper has a coax SPDIF out. So, DI'ing via SPDIF should be a straightforward process, correct?

Thanks for any insight anyone can give!

• Yep. These 2 boxes work great together. Same SPDIF connections, so standard coax SPDIF cables in and out work great for me. (Though I mostly go in through the front of the Kemper, and then send the output to the ULN2 via SPDIF. I just found it simpler to set up that way.)

You just have to make sure the ULN2 is set for a sample rate of 44.1khz and then it's just a matter of fiddling with the different input/output volume settings until you get what you need. Also, if you haven't messed with the MIO Console software that controls the ULN2, there's definitely a learning curve there. Or at least there was for me, heh.

• Thanks for tips guys! There's not a lot out there on using these two units together, so it's nice to have some confirmation on their compatibility.