Monitor cab off different than profile cab offf...why????

• Iv'e got a live Kemper rig setup with a tube amp and guitar cab.
    I like it, sounds great turning off the cab on each profile but need full cab sim on main out for FOH.
    I set monitor cab off on global monitor page.
    It's good but sounds MUCH better when I also turn off the profile cab.
    It's way fuller and more like a real tube amp rig.

Why is the cab off button making ANY difference when it's already off on the monitor out (yes I confirmed the monitor out cab off works...just not the same as profile cab off)

It's significantly better with the profile cabinet off but I need the full rig with cab to FOH.
    I'm seriously disapointed... unless someone has a solution!!!

I don't think I will be able to deal with the compromised tone to get full rig to the house knowing how much better the stage tone could (and should) be.

• I found the same but thought opposite of what you stated....I thought the cab off global made it sound not so good so I have the monitor cab off and run into a ISP power amp into a speaker cabinet with the FOH receiving the main with cabinet on. You can start a support ticket as maybe it is a glitch. I've seen a couple other posts with the same point however I have not looked further for a resolution as it was not a problem for my setup but is for yours. Support usually gets back to you quickly.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I did find that some profiles are affected less or not at all by turning off profile cab or monitor cab.
    The problem is that a couple that I really like including one I bought are most affected.

• I have also found that changing the cab, even though it is bypassed from the monitor out, changes the sound in some cases. For example, Ownhammer's 412-GTR MAR-CB MIX adds strange kind of rattle to the sound, when playing trought a regular guitar cab with the KPA's cab disabled from the monitor out.

• I suggest you read the Reference Manual chapter "Working with Amplifier Profiling, Cabinet Profiles, Power Amps and Real Cabinets" quite at the beginning.

In short: If you are using a Studio Profile "Monitor Cab. Off" activates CabDriver, which subtracts an ideal average cabinet from the overall sound. Look at this as an approximation. If you are using a Merged Profile "Monitor Cab. Off" activates the Direct Amp Profile for the Monitor Output instead.

If you want to know, which Rig is which, check out this reference list:

kemper-amps.com/api/download/dlid/589

• I think that link needs an httpS instead of just http :)

• If I got the OP right, ne's saying that he heard a difference when cab if off on both the rig and monitor out Vs. just one of the two. i would not think this is related to the nature of the profile? Or am I missing something?

• I tested this, and I found that the sound is not dependent of the locked and disabled cabinet, as it's supposed to be.

Please check again, and tell me more about the situation how this happens.

• I have the same problem as the op. I have the power rack. I have the "monitor cab off" checked, yet when i engage the cab button it makes a noticeable sound difference thru my 4x12, not as drastic as the tonal change when the "monitor cab off" button is unchecked and I engage the cab block but still a degrade in tone. Sounds great when cab button is off. I need complete disconnect from the cab so I can run my 4x12 and spdif out to my daw simultanously, and need the cab button engaged for obvious reasons when going to the daw. When i adjust the volume control or any of the cab block controls (high shift, low shift, character, ect.) under the cab block it also increases the volum/changes the tone with as much effect as expected thru my 4x12 cab, so it's definitely not completely disconnected from the cab block. Please advise. Thanks

• I'm also experiencing this. Turning the cabinet off on the tone stack sounds great to me. Turning cab off in monitor does not sound the same. What do we have to do to get the right setting?

I've played around with it. Cabinet off on the tone stack yields a very tight and authentic pre amp sound. On the other hand turning cab off on the monitor out may sound alike, It is more saggy and has a different harmonic to it and not as tight.Like a bit off latency. Hard to describe.
    Having said that. With the cab off in monitor, It is still useable just not as pleasing.

The more I compare the better I can describe the feeling.
    Cab off tone stack. Very tight and articulate. Fast response and real feeling.
    Cab off monitor. None of the above. Sloppy and saggy. It only sounds the same, kind of.

Edited 2 times, last by MarcelK-O ().

• I'm also experiencing this. Turning the cabinet off on the tone stack sounds great to me. Turning cab off in monitor does not sound the same. What do we have to do to get the right setting?

I've played around with it. Cabinet off on the tone stack yields a very tight and authentic pre amp sound. On the other hand turning cab off on the monitor out may sound alike, It is more saggy and has a different harmonic to it and not as tight.Like a bit off latency. Hard to describe.
    Having said that. With the cab off in monitor, It is still useable just not as pleasing.

Turning cab off in the stack or in the monitor outputs should sound the same (on monitor output)
    If you feel it doesn't please open a support ticket.

• Because of this thread I also checked the issue and also recognize this.
    Might this be a bug in the OS-Version, which will be corrected in the future, or have I also to open a ticket ?