*Solved* Do I have to redo all my performances when updating to 3.1.4

• I updated again from 3.0.2 to 3.1.4 and all my performances are gone. Instead of the ones I created with 3.0.2 the ones I made with the former firmware 3.1.3 appeared again.
    Then I restored my latest backup but it doesn't import the performances. When opening RM, I can see the performances are from August, but my backup is from 12th of September.
    Also the performances have still this sound problem. Some of them sound like cab off.

• After going back to 3.0.2 all my performances are back. It seems that the firmware displays different performances. Very strange.

When you're updating from 3.0.2 to 3.1.4, the performances get copied because they are stored in a different way. If this new place exists, no "old" performances are imported. You can not switch back and forth without keeping a backup from "before".

What you can do is sending a backup to support, they can clean it up for you.

• Don't understand what you writing. When I do an update, KPA stores the current performances in RAM and the when actually updating it wants to store them in a different place? If there is already a performance stored, because I made some in 3.1.2 it will not overwrite these ones? Did I understand it right? I'm puzzled.

• The way how Performances are stored internally has changed since 3.1. The migration happens automatically during the upgrade, which didn't seem to work in your case. In any case the old copies of your Performances are not lost and can be recovered.

As far as I know you have openend a support ticket and received advice, how to fix your particular scenario.

• I solved the problem. Installed 3.1.4 and the opened RM 1.5. Here I mounted my old 3.0.2 backup. Then copied the performances one by one from the old backup to profiler. Only thing what happened now is, that when switching to an empty slot, the "standard" crunch rig (I asume) is activated. Before nothing happened. Means last used rig didn't change. I liked it better that way. And when switching to another performance, the new performance starts with the slot last used in the previous performance. A song should always start with slot 1 I think. Before it was like this. Minor things. I know.

• Can confirm. I updated from 3.0.2 to 3.1.4 tonight. I'm loving the pure cab - I was playing through headphones and honestly I thought, at one point, I needed to turn down, because the amp was cranked up too loud! But the update to performances certainly has a bug.

I have about 10 performances set up. I only use #1 and #2 now; the other ones were for one-off gigs where I was trying to get the hang of the profiler. 1-4 were overwritten with "Sample Song 1", "Sample Song 2", "Sample Amp 1", and "Sample Amp 2." I made a backup before updating, and restored the backup in 3.1.4, and they still did not restore.

If anyone wants to know how to fix this:

• Mount your USB in your computer.
    • Go to the backups folder, and make a copy of the most recent backup. You can keep it in the backups folder if you know what you're doing, or you can drop it on the desktop or a separate folder.
    • Change the extension to .tar.gz. If you can't see file extensions, you will need to change that in your operating system's settings (Google it if you don't know how). The backups are actually a tarball (similar to a zip, but more common on Unix/Linux machines) with a different file extension.
    • Untar the file (Unarchiver works great on OS X, and I believe WinRAR will work on PC, but not positive). You'll be given a folder with all your files.
    • Find the "performances" folder (I think that's what it's called), and all your performances will be listed as performance number - 1.
    • Drag and drop all of your performances to Rig Manager's local section under performances. You can then move them to your profiler if connected via USB.
    • You can then remove the copied/renamed file and the folder you created. After reconfiguring your performances, you probably should make another backup.

Hope that helps anyone that's having issues.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack