Setting 1 expression pedal to control wah and volume

• Hi there!

Got my remote yesterday and fiddled around with it all day.
    I've got the wah to work with a Moog EP-3 on the connection pedal 6.
    I've found where i can set what pedal 6 must do.
    I knew there was this setting where you can tell the pedal to do wah before volume, checked it.

But i can not get the expression pedal to work as an volume pedal?
    Even if i say pedal 6 must control volume instead of wah, i can see it changes the bar up and down, but no changes in volume (headphones by the way, live I use 2x12 via main out)

i would like it to be a volume pedal when the slot which is active has not an active wah.
    But it must be an wah when I active the wah stomp...

can that be done?

Thanks!

P.S sorry for my poor english.

• Yep this can be done :) I'm not in front of my KPA so I'm doing this off the top of my head, hope I get it right :)

in systems select the the option volume to wah, make pedal 6 be a volume pedal and then hopefully when a wah is in a stomp slot the volume pedal should turn in to a wah. Also make sure you calibrate the volume pedal in settings also :)

hope this helps

• Allright! Thanks for the quock reply!

so, the other way around then?
    i will give that a try in the morning.

I reckon the headphone out is the same as main out, and that won't be the problem?

• So... Couldn't wait and tried.

But with no luck. The way you told me how the volume works. But the wah doesn't work. I can activate the stomp but the pedal keeps doing volume... checked on and off "wah to volume". Range in rig is set to -5.0.
    am i doing something wrong or is only possible with 2 pedals? Did someone ever try this?

• I tried it with a DVP3 pedal and it works. In the system menu i have Mode: Pedal Type 1, Function: Wah Wah. System Menu 14/17 i have checked Wahpedal to Vol.
    Then use STOMP A, B, C or D to assign a Wah Wah effect.

• Well... Very strange. Didn't work last night. Ordered a second moog ep-3. Went to rehearsal. Set pedal 3 to volume, pedal 6 to wah. Tried. Nothing on pedal 3. But pedal 6 works like i wanted. Wah when active, else volume. Set pitch pedal effect. Works on pedal 6 as well. Pitch, wah, volume. Love it! Recorded a loop. Works. Wow! but then...

• stupid iphone bug...

suddenly there is in my loop a terrible note. Which i'm sure i didn't play. Didn't use the looper in that song. And volume doesn't work. Pitch and wah do. What...? Tried the system menu. Nothing changed. Nothing works... Aaaaah!

• Reading manuals can sometimes avoid waste of time as well as suffering.

The function is "Wah Pedal to Volume", which can be found in System Menu. And it's the Wah Pedal, which then controls volume and not the other way around. Therefor you need to configure your pedal as a Wah Pedal and not as a Volume Pedal! Or if sending MIDI you send control change #1 instead of #7.

If there is no Wah Stomp in your current Rig the Wah Pedal does control volume now, but it needs to pick up volume at maximum (toe position). This is to avoid accidental volume jumps, when the pedal switches its roles.

Last point: Generally pedals need to get calibrated. The CC01 (Modulation) bar should be moving from min to max on page "MIDI settings" in System Menu.

• Thanks for your advise. I did read the manual though, did not understand it quite allright.

I have every setting you say. Still no volume, but do have pitch and wah.
    But it did work for a while, then all off a sudden...

• Last point: Generally pedals need to get calibrated. The CC01 (Modulation) bar should be moving from min to max on page "MIDI settings" in System Menu.

I did not find instructions on how do do the calibration. The "Calibrate" button stays lit as I pump the pedals; nothing happens, as far as I can tell.

• Did everything you said. No luck. At home I'm using headphones. Could that be it?
    Also i cannot calibrate the pedal(s)

• I've read you must hold the calibrate button while calibrating.

Don't know, where you are stuck. The bar is moving, so the calibration did work, Wah Pedal is controlling Wah effects, so the Wah pedal function is ok. "WahPedal to Vol." is activated. Check if your Volume Pedal Location is set to "off" and Volume Pedal is perhaps locked, which would basically permanently block Volume Pedal. You need to make sure, that there is no Wah effect in that Rig (not only switched off) in order to let Wah Pedal to Volume work properly. Another possibility is, That you pedal doesn't go to maximum anymore. Perhaps it has been calibrated to a higher level, than what is doing now. Only at full throttle the Wah Pedal takes over control over volume.

You could open a support ticket and attach a backup. I can quickly validate if it's your settings or pedal.