Storing Settings in Browser Mode Creating Duplicate & Triplicate Profiles

• Hi All,

Firmware Version 3.0.2. here and have just recently noticed a weird occurance.

When tweaking (mostly delay settings) and then storing - replacing profile, it is creating duplicate and sometimes triplicate versions of the profile right next to (to the right) the original profile. The weird thing is in the duplicate and triplicate versions of these profiles, the adjusted delay settings haven't been saved so they are basically identical versions of the original profile for which I elected to replace, except that the tap tempo button which didn't work on the original profile works on the duplicate and triplicate versions.

Have any of you had this issue? I've just noticed it in the last few weeks while tweaking my (very awesome) MBritt profiles. Before that, this process seemed to be working fine.

• I'm assuming this a combination of misunderstandings.

You could have hundreds of Rigs with identical Rig Names. Each of their file names will be unique anyhow because a time stamp is added when the Rig gets stored. Therefor Rig Names don't need to be unique.

You have probably chosen "Store As" instead of "Replace" and therefor a duplicate - potentially with minor tweaks - got created.

The TAP button is blinking, if Rig Tempo is enabled in Rig Menu. This makes sense, if you for example selected Delay Type "Tap Delay" while you were tweaking the delay settings.

• I wish i would have known this before a few weeks ago. I am thankful for the manual and have found myself turning to it more and more when noticing little things like this. Made things a lot easier!

• Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.

The issue is that I'm not "Storing As". I only "Replace" when I save.

• Can we revisit this please?

I am storing output profiles in browse mode on the KPA and there is no choice for "Replace". Indeed when a save an output profile it creates a new one with a duplicate name. This is not desirable behavior and I am wondering if there is some way to not have this happen.

Thanks -Frank

I am storing output profiles in browse mode on the KPA and there is no choice for "Replace". Indeed when a save an output profile it creates a new one with a duplicate name. This is not desirable behavior and I am wondering if there is some way to not have this happen.

Thanks -Frank

This is the current behavior when loading rigs via RM. Load them directly on the KPA and you'll get a Replace option. Currently, any rig loaded via RM is considered to be in Preview mode.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Thanks -Frank

Me too. I do new versions of output profiles ex: 2x12 V30 1.....2.....3....

The I delete the old ones and rename the new ones without the last numbers.

Until new refinement.

• WRONG, As I said, I am using browse mode on the KPA.

What I stated is not incorrect, though it might not apply to your situation. if you're loading directly from the KPA, then I have no idea why you're not getting a replace option.

edit: Exactly what do you mean by "output profile"? Perhaps I'm not understanding what you're doing here.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Thanks -Frank

I guess, this is related to output presets. The replace feature has just been introduced for effect presets. It's not available for input and output presets. And I'm not convinced, this is really needed. How often do you need to modify your output presets and how many do you have?

• I guess, this is related to output presets. The replace feature has just been introduced for effect presets. It's not available for input and output presets. And I'm not convinced, this is really needed. How often do you need to modify your output presets and how many do you have?

Speaking of my personal workflow, the need for editing a preset is not a remote possibility at all, specially on the first days, when I try and optimise it and may want to change something.

Fascinating that the KPA's logic structure is not as "modular" as one would believe. So are I/O presets seen/managed differently than other ones?

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Yes, we have just introduced the possibility to edit effect presets, which has been a priority, because of their sheer amount. This whole logic around effect categories, types and presets with this new effect selection page, doesn't apply to input and output presets.

Normally people use three or four output presets. Volumes are not included in output presets anyhow. There is only one output section, which is global. So practically, I don't see a big inconvenience.

• Regardless of how many presets one has the ability to just save one version of each is a fundamental workflow requirement. At the moment lets say I have a preset called “rehearsal”. I change my rehearsal room set up and now want to change the preset in the KPA to reflect this. Logic would dictate that I just load the current preset named “rehearsal” make a change and resave it. I not still only have one preset called “rehearsal” but it reflects my current needs. At the moment I have to save a new preset. Make sure I identify which is the old one then delete it. It may not be a major issue but it is still annoying an illogical. I can’t se any logical reason NOT to have a replace option.

• It's annoying as hell. I converge on an optimal setting from rehearsal to rehearsal and every good damn time I have to do the save, identify, delete dance. Trust us Burkhard. It's inconvenient.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• This is exactly the same behaviour in the STOMPS section.

I'm trying to save a 'board' of FX I can easily recall and apply to similar rigs. But there's no REPLACE so if I tweak one of my 'board' pedals parameters to try something new and try to re-save the new 'board' of FX in the STOMPS section it creates yet another preset with EXACTLY the same name and I have no idea which is which.

It's driving me crazy. It's hard enough trying to do this stuff inside a 5" b&w window without a software editor (will we ever get one?) but to not have a simple (overwrite Y/N?) window is a big oversight in day to day use IMHO.

Please sort this!!