The HARD truth about Helix

• like Timo said, you need to register your Profiler to gain access to these functions of the board.
    also, if we would try to micro-manage our members as you suggest, we wouldn't get much else done.
    sorry to disappoint you ;)

You'd need a whole new team for that, what with all the threads about censorship, accusations of agendas, telling people to go jump in the lake blah blah blah.

• Got the Helix a week ago. Does it sound very good? Yes. Does the Kemper sound better? Yes.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I personally think Kemper as a company are not Marketing the KPA even half as good as the other companies including Fractal or Line 6. Line 6 are brilliant Marketer. If they had a product like the Kemper, I think they would have done a much better job marketing it, no offense to Kemper. Lucky for Kemper is that the great thing about the KPA is that it practically markets itself with its above average achievements as a tool like no other, but more has to be done to educate potential purchaser/Customers.

If Kemper was to produce more videos about the many varied uses of the KPA, they truly would put every other modeler or preamp to shame. I consider myself an educated consumer and I dug up so much information and read products manual (AXE FX II, Kemper and tried maybe every vst plugin out there etc etc.) and the league that the Kemper is in is simply above the rest. I might be a little more aware than the casual user, but there's a need to bring many of the feature that the Kemper is capable of accomplishing in real focus and not as a simple exchange in the user forum. You might call it hyperbole because you haven't looked a little bit further to what the Kemper can do today and compared t what's out there including plugins.

I don't intend to write a novel here but someone at kemper should and I'll just give you one or two simple scenarios. . Kemper is capable of Dynamic convolution. If you ever heard of Nebula (a plugin platform) where some users send an hour long test tone into a preamp to capture characteristic of some EQ or preamp. Kemper test tone, if you can call it that, is about 20 seconds and it capture dynamic and distortion or overdrive that isn't captured by Nebula (Nebula captures reverb, Kemper doesn't but we so far didn't buy the kemper for the reverb, even though I personaly think the next or a future update will allow users to capture or profile reverbs as it seems a natural progression in the evolution of the Profiler)

Kemper with the latest firmware can, among many things, profile direct, amp or preamp which means even if you like to keep using your tube amp that you love, you can create a merged profile, keep your tube head at home, take the kemper to you gig, connect to power amp/onboard or outboard, use the same speaker cabinet as the one you use with the head, send a signal to FOH and one to the cabinet, and you have completely replaced your tube amp with identical setup where you don't have to worry about a microphone and you have captured the sound of you beloved amp forever, that even if it broke down beyond repair and if repaired can't sound the same way the you like, you have saved your tone forever!

There are many other scenarios that truly will make other products look like ancient toys with properly produced videos, but this knowledge is shared in this forum where many users are aware but many others are simply happy with the kemper as it was initially released (that also offered many solutions to all types of guitar players, who own or don't own tube amps)

Line 6 has improved their modeling for sure, but I personally just bought the KPA about 1.5 months ago and decided not to wait for the Helix, because, they and Fractal are not showing any rational signs that they're there yet. When you see either of them post demonstration videos of their modeled amps compared with their digital counterparts, that would be the hint that they're getting there or close enough.

• Line 6 has improved their modeling for sure, but I personally just bought the KPA about 1.5 months ago and decided not to wait for the Helix, because, they and Fractal are not showing any rational signs that they're there yet. When you see either of them post demonstration videos of their modeled amps compared with their digital counterparts, that would be the hint that they're getting there or close enough.

This pretty much sums up my own impressions of the Helix.

• But tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back on us. :)

• I can take some profiles of the helix if you want. Just tell me which amp/cab(IR?) combination you want :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I think there is no mark x in the helix, have to read the manual :D will be doing some merged profiles with some default cabs I like.

• I can take some profiles of the helix if you want. Just tell me which amp/cab(IR?) combination you want :)

I would actually like the Park with it's original default speaker and the default Mic 409, that was my favorite Marshall with Drive at around 11:o'clock and Master anywhere past 1 o'clock

And if it's not too much to ask the DR Z PRE AMP only (Interstate Zed) with everything at 12: o'clock into the 4x12 XXL V30 using the 87 mic

I used to push these with "line 6 Drive" which I still have with the HD 500 that I'm keeping as a controller for the Kemper.

The Deluxe Vib (Vibrato Channel) as is, was a nice clean amp

I would be very appreciative mDan.

thanks

Dean

Edited 8 times, last by Dean_R ().

• If you could make a dual amp profile for lead tone (marshally + ?) that would be awesome !
    Also have you tried the helix with a real tube amp?
    Thanks for your efforts mdan!