Who is using Pure Cab always on? And why?

• I thought it's not supposed to affect clean tones.

I'm keeping mine on at 6 for now. I still feel like it sometimes reduces the character of a profile, but I do appreciate the smoother sound.

I think so too. Seems like it takes a little of the bite out of the rig. I ended up creating a whole new set of performances with a bit of eq to get the bite back.

I do agree that the sound is smoother with all distorted tones. The harmonics mesh better now. I suspect that this is also the reason some have reported better controlled feedback on stage.

• Peto wrote:
    Pure cab ON, set to 0.0

Isn't that essentially off then? Kinda like if your amp was on but set to 0!

Actually to my ears, there is more difference between PC on/off than changing value from 0.0 to 5.0.
    I kinda like miced sound and this way the essential character of miced sound stays there and most annoying hi.freq. get filtered out.

• I was always on at 5 but then I a/b'd some high gain profiles and realized they totally loose their unique flavor when it's on. I'll be leaving it off until we get per rig then using it on all clean, crunch and medium gain profiles as needed b cause I do like most profiles better with on except metal.

• I think what Pure Cab does good or not good seems to depend a lot on the monitoring. With my active CLR, which has a lot of top end, I find it very useful cause the highs are not that piercing anymore. Atm Pure Cab is on 3.4.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Can you please tell me where to find the Pure Cab button and control??? I cannot find it in the UI. Thank you very much!

• Hold down the output button until the output menu shows up.

On page 5 of 6 at the top, the 3rd button from the left enables pure cabinet. When it is enabled, the 3rd encoder from the left (on the bottom) adjusts the amount of pure cab.

• I turn it on for some Profiles with about 2-3. Sadly it turns some of my favorite Profiles to sh** so I'm still not using it live. On the other hand some non-favorite of mine really get alive with it.
    I thought about making new Performences which sound good with Pure Cab but it's just a big hassle to set everything up once more. I'll just wait for the "per Rig function" and then I'll implement it into my Live Rig

• I played a gig last weekend with it on at 5.
    I recorded the whole gig, and listening back, all my tones that I use single coil's on really popped more than ever.
    But the humbucker tones did not take to it well.

So in the future if we can assign it per rig, I'm going to sort them that way.

• I thought it's not supposed to affect clean tones.

I'm keeping mine on at 6 for now. I still feel like it sometimes reduces the character of a profile, but I do appreciate the smoother sound.

After more testing I've decided to lower it to 3. It will probably be a moving target depending on the rig, the context (gig/home, loud/soft, CLR/headphones) and my mood.

• I really like what it did to my rigs that I use. Honestly, even some of the higher gain profiles I use (and that, for me, is about 60% tops on the gain knob) still sound great with it. But I'm still playing around with it.

And yes, I agree that simply turning it on makes a bigger difference than the actual number value. The change in most of my tones is very, very minuscule when turning the knob; much more dramatic when just on. I think it's on somewhere between 3 and 5 at the moment.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Use it for a week,started with 10.0 and have it now on 7.3..

I would say that it is not so much about High gain or not but more about playing style.I use some high gain stuff for my "80s shredd-lead-stuff" and it works fine as long I dont use these same high gain rigs for playing fast rhythm kind of sound which need a "naked,clear" attack.

For all my low gain rhythm rigs pure cab is vital.But I mostly play all kind of bluesy-oriented music "in all shapes"..

Tried it also with some "metal rigs" (alá 5150/Krank etc) and it does definitly not work there.Makes the attack "muddy,slow and too soft".