SPDIF Connection Problems / Audio Cut

• Hi fellow Kemperians,

since a few weeks I'm using the Kemper's Digital Output for my practice Setup. I got the Kemper hooked up via SPDIF to my Steinberg UR 28 M Audio Interface, which is connected to my PC via USB. My PC got a 3.2GHZ Hexacore and 16 GB of RAM... still I sometimes get about 1 to 2 seconds of a complete Audio cutout. This only happens if the Kemper, Guitar Pro (with all tracks muted and the tabs playing along), Audacity (only for listening to music)or ITunes are running.
    This happend about 20 times so far within about 30 hours of total usage. I tried to trigger the Problem on purpose but I failed to do so. The next day during practice it happend again.
    I don't use any other SPDIF Hardware with my Interface so I can't tell if it is maybe the Interface's Problem. I had the Kemper up and running for multiple hours while doing something completly else on the PC and it didn't cause any Problems or Audiocuts.
    If it really is a Performance issue which hardware is to blame? Or do you think it could be a Software Problem?
    Has anyone expirienced something similar? Or is this the downside of using digital connection rather than analog ones?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
    If I forget to spell out some crucial information, please tell me

• First things I would check:
    1. Always connect USB audio interfaces to a proper USB port, not just some USB connector. You don't want to share the port with any other devices (mass storage, scanner, printer, ...) Shared USB ports (via USB hubs for example) are prone to issues.

2. Is the audio interface properly synced to the S/PDIF input? The Profiler must be the master, your audio interface the slave. Otherwise you will get crackles and other unwanted issues.

3. Try to check if you're switching between applications that might use audio. It's possible that software takes control of your audio interface and e.g. switches it to another sample rate and/or sync source and when you switch back to another software, the settings stay "wrong". Always double ckeck if the audio interface settings are still correct and in effect.

4. Check energy saving options in your system settings. USB ports can get suspended to save energy, you don't want that to happen.

• Thanks lightbox :)
    Allready knew the first 3 points. I thought I allready checked the Power Saving in the system settings before. But maybe the Update to Windows 10 screwed up my settings and Power Saving on the USB Ports was actually activated.
    I disabled it now and maybe this will fix the Problem. I cant really test it without having to play for multiple hours since the Problem rarely occured. So I will post something here again if it happens again.