Is there an easy way to save footswitch assignments into rigs? (and then save on my computer)

• Hi all,

I'm a 99% bedroom player so I use my kemper next to my computer. I nearly always use rig manager to select rigs with the kpa in browse mode. Sometimes I open a rig and it has footswitch settings already in it, which is great.

I would now like to assign footswitches to more of the rigs stored on my computer so that when I send them to the kemper I can then use the footswitch.

My understanding of the process is that I would have to edit the footswitch assignments on the kpa (no problem), but then how would I get them back onto my computer? As far as I can see I would need to do a backup and then copy them over from USB.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks
    Allen

• My understanding of the process is that I would have to edit the footswitch assignments on the kpa (no problem), but then how would I get them back onto my computer? As far as I can see I would need to do a backup and then copy them over from USB.

Is there an easier way?

The footswitch assignment is stored in the rig. You just need to store the rig and if you want to keep it in your library, drag and drop them from the Profiler Location to your Library (in Rig Manager).

• Thank you for that guidance.

I have now done that, but when I copy back to the rig manager I now have 2 copies of the same rig. I can see that the one with footswitch assignments has a different creation date, but that's all. What's the best way to then go about this. Is it okay to delete the old rig in the rig manager? Will the file remain on my hard disk in the original location? Or maybe it would be better to overwrite the original file with my updated copy?

What is the generally fastest workflow for updating these?

Many thanks for any tips.

Allen

• I see no harm in deleting the original file, since your edits are easily undone and do not affect the basic tone.
    and yes, if you delete a rig from RM it's gone.
    If you really want to keep the originals, you could create a new folder in RM (or anywhere in your computer) and move them there. Then you could create a folder in RM like "my fx", where to drag&drop your edited versions.:)