Random Remote Reboot

• Hey guys!

Hope I get points for alliteration in the title.

Having some troubles intermittently with my remote. It doesn't happen everywhere I play, but sometimes the remote will flicker like it's losing power and after a couple of times it will restart altogether, causing my sound to change. Example, if I'm in performance mode it will go back to rig 1 of whatever performance I'm currently on when it restarts.

Also, sometimes it doesn't seem to communicate perfectly with my KPA. When scrolling through performances, sometimes it doesn't show the correct name of the performance/rigs on the remote, unless I access the performance which will bring it all up correctly. And it seems to be with two specific performances. One of which it recognizes as having the same name as the next performance in the rig, and the other it just sometimes doesn't recognize at all and it comes up as "default performance"

Any idea why these things are happening? The reboot is more troublesome than the performance names. I can handle the names no problem.

Thanks for your time!
    Chad

I've had a longer relationship with my Kemper than anyone I've ever dated. I'm not mad about it.

• I'm on the latest firmware and I have this issue as well. When fiddling with a rig and I hit "Store and "Replace" the Remote sometimes reboots. It happened 3 times today. I haven't tried with the original cable yet so it can be related to the cable that i'm using at home.

• I'm on the latest firmware and I have this issue as well. When fiddling with a rig and I hit "Store and "Replace" the Remote sometimes reboots. It happened 3 times today. I haven't tried with the original cable yet so it can be related to the cable that i'm using at home.

I know mothership have mentioned that a good quality cable should be used between both the KPA and remote I suggest using the original cable and seeing if it still happens :)

• Yes, happened to me too several times yesterday. I also thought, it might be caused by the non-official ethernetcable, I intended to use in our rehearsal room. Didn't happen again after changing to the original Kemper one. But hadn't the time to test extensively, so I'm not quite sure yet.

• When fiddling with a rig and I hit "Store and "Replace" the Remote sometimes reboots. It happened 3 times today

This is a rare issue, but actually software related (actually, when storing performances or rigs). The remote does not "reboot", it gets disconnected and connects again automatically.
    There will be a cure for that in a future firmware.

• Are you using the original cable to connect the Remote to the Profiler?

• Yes I am. It seems the end that goes to
    my rack doesn't click when I insert it so it can come out guess I just need a new cable!

I've had a longer relationship with my Kemper than anyone I've ever dated. I'm not mad about it.

• I got this also with the current newest firmware. This happens if I want to adjust the contrast and bridges of the remote.

• I had some issues whit the remote while using a shorter normal ethernet cable as well , hooked up the original one , never had the problem again

too bad it's rather stiff

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp