Again the volume pedal... Sorry for this thread

• Hi guys,
    I really feel bad to open this thread, cause I know there are several similar around...
    I read most of them and also the manual - but it might be my *?!§$/ or my bad english, that I still didnt succeed.
    First, I have some basic stupid questions:
    I heard, the volume pedal setting is global? What does this mean and why is there a RIG setting then also?
    Second, here is what I tried and what I get... strangly:

Global setting (SYSTEM button page 12):
    Set pedal type to 1 (DVP3) and plug it with TRS at remote 6 jack;
    Function Wah,
    wah to volume ticked
    If moved, the bar at CC01 (Modulation) moves.
    Looks good ;)

Rig setting:
    Range: +5,
    Wah to volume is also checked here (is this the same wah to volume?!)
    Description here says "Volume Pedal Setting" (although it it set as wah?!) Bar moves nicely, when pedal moved.

Now playing:
    1) No wah in rig. But I get NO volume change...

2) If I put a wah in the rig, wah AND volume changes... Something that I dont need at all...
    Funny thing here: Volume is off, at toe... not at heel

3) If I keep wah in rig and disable ist, no volume change... no wah...

So please... what is wrong?!? This is the xths day I am trying to get my head around it...
    I dont understand tzhe Lock vol pedal also - what does this button do?

• Thanks a lot for trying to help!!
    I tried this - in this case, volume works always, regardless of wah effect present. But wah effect cannot be modulated by pedal.
    So it is still not working...
    Thanks for your explanation to the lock function. I am still not completely sure how it works:
    If I have several rigs with individual range settings, and I lock one of those - it overwrite all others?

• Can't right now - but this sounds really strange?
    Why could this help?

Per the manual - range is the heel position. Minus values are attenuation and plus values are boost. So, when set to +5, it is set to maximum range at heel position. Therefore, volume pedal will do nothing. When set to -5 heel is now set at minimum (zero output) and full range is available within pedal sweep.

• Well yes... So it does not change my problem?!
    I have either no function of the pedal, or wah and vol at the same time.
    Thanks for your help anyway! I really do appreciate this!!
    And I still am confused, so there still might be something easy that I missed...

BTW. I just tried the range -5 thing without success...

• Well yes... So it does not change my problem?!
    I have either no function of the pedal, or wah and vol at the same time.
    Thanks for your help anyway! I really do appreciate this!!
    And I still am confused, so there still might be something easy that I missed...

This is your problem. Setting to +5 gives you no volume when wah is off, but gives you boost and wah when wah is engaged. As I said earlier, try it.

Edit: Just changed my range from -5 to +5 and duplicated what you are experiencing.

• Ok thanks - than something is definetly wrong with my unit:
    If I put set pedal to wah and range -5, i get still volume change, when pedal is used...
    If I det it to volume and range -5, Nothing is happening when pedal is used.

• If I put set pedal to wah and range -5, i get still volume change, when pedal is used..

Do you have a wah active in the stomp section? If not, all you will get is volume pedal action. Set everything to what you have in your first post except set range to -5. You should have a working volume pedal. Then put a wah in the stomp section and activate. You should have wah. Do not just use type knob to set wah function. Wah function initial settings do not work. Dial a wah from the Browse knob or load a rig from someone else with a wah as a stomp. If this doesn't get you there, then hit Init Globals on page 1 of System menu. Re-calibrate pedal and try above again. If all of this doesn't work, you probably need to contact support.

• Still not working. So I better open a support ticket?!
    I inititialised globals
    For pedal I tried both setting: volume and wah
    Wah to vol always ticked
    Range: I tried anything from -5 to + 5
    Wah is in stomp C, sometimes active, sometimes not.

I get:
    If pedal set to wah, range -5
    C deatcivated: Volume pedal from mute to normal
    C active: Volume pedal active from mute to normal, wah at constant mod on

If pedal set to wah, range +5:
    C deatcivated: No function from pedal
    C active: No function from pedal
    (although bar in rig menue moves and is called wah - if i untick wah to vol, bar does not move anymore)

If pedal set to volume, range -5
    C deatcivated: Volume pedal from mute to normal
    C active: Volume pedal active from mute to normal, wah at constant mod on

If pedal set to volume, range +5:
    C deactivated: Volume swell (that is what I want)
    C active: Volume swell, wah active, but constant mod...

• @CPHfx

Please try using one of the Wah Presets that you can choose with the Browse Knob. Does that help?
    Which Pedal Mode is acive on your Wah-Slot?

Thanks!
    That helps in the way, that wah is working now!! - If pedal is set to wah. But in this case, volume does not work.
    If i put it to volume, volume does work, but wah not..

Btw: are you from Kemper?!? That is so great, that you help me on a SUNDAY!!

• That helps in the way, that wah is working now!! - If pedal is set to wah. But in this case, volume does not work.
    If i put it to volume, volume does work, but wah not..

This the expected behaviour.

Btw: are you from Kemper?!? That is so great, that you help me on a SUNDAY!!

I am. See above :D .

• Well, that is the point... It is checked.. Still not working...

EDIT:
    Well wait... If I now put range to -5 it also works as a volume pedal, when wah is off!
    So in general, everything works. But I dont want to attenuate my signal - I want the volume pedal to be positive... to make the rig louder... not less volume.
    Is this not possible?!?

Edited 2 times, last by CPHfx ().

• OK, yesterday I wrote to the support - and have already an answer:
    It seems like I did not do a mistake, but there is something wrong with the software.
    The support could reproduce my problem and sent it to the developers.
    Hopefully the food will be integrated in a soon coming release ;)