[solved] lock is always on....3.14

• after the strange behaviour of RM (the transfert of a rig from RM is not enough if you want change the cab, you must save again the rig in the kpa.)

i've got an other strange behaviour with the lock :

before, input and output were always in "lock mode" but the lock's light was off.

Now, after use the lock for some king of purpose (lock, and after delock the fx) my lock 's light is always on because the input and output are locked. is this normal with the 3.14?

• i don't speak about the lock,

without any lock, the stomp and effects are always lightning, even without an active fx
    if there is no fx actived, i think that the stomp/effect must be in "off" by default

The LED (and it's corresponding color correlates to the effect type in use) are to indicate there is a stomp in that position. If there is no stomp in that position, there is no LED. The button will illuminate when that effect is on.

This allows you to see a red LED indicating there is some sort of drive pedal in that slot, which you can then turn on (or off) if need be.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Same thing mate. That illuminated buttons (stomps, stack, effects) means that particular section is on, regardless what you have enabled above it. If you disable the entire stomp section, turning on stomp A and stomp B will do nothing, because your stomps are off. These are primarily ways to bypass the entire pre-processing (stomps)/post-processing (effects) sections, or even bypassing the entire stack (for instance, recording a wet take that may be reamped later by software plugins, and not wanting to run separate cables to your audio interface).

If it really bothers you that much, put some black masking tape over it. But, realistically, it's a great way to bypass all of your effects at once. And there will be little change that, in a live setting, you'll have an entire stomp section off. There's no reason to.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky

• You cannot activate a stomp that isn't assigned. And an unassigned stomp will have no illuminated LED. Off and Unassigned are two different things.

• I mentioned that above, but I'll try to rephrase.

Forget, for a moment, the state of the effect (on or off). If a stomp slot has an effect in it, the LED is illuminated to show you which type of effect is in that slot. This allows you to, at a glance, see what the effect is (red = distortion/overdrive/shaper/booster, blue = chorus, purple = phaser/flanger, yellow = EQ, etc. - see the reference manual for all of the color codes, which you should read through). It's not an incredibly precise indicator of each effect type, because you could have an Air Chorus in one slot, and a Vintage Chorus in another, and they both would have a blue LED, but you can still see what's going on quickly and easily without having to dive into the presets.

There will be NO LED when there is no effect in that particular slot. This tells you that there is nothing there, and you cannot use your controller or the front panel of the amp to turn it on or off (because there is nothing to turn on or off).

The button underneath the LED and slot name (Stomp A, Stomp B, X, Mod, whatever) will be illuminated when the effect is on, and will be darkened (off) when the effect is off. With both here, this gives you two pieces of feedback: A red LED with an illuminated button underneath shows you there is a distortion pedal of some sort in that slot, and it is on. A purple LED with a darkened button shows you there is a phaser or flanger in that slot, and it's off.

• These 2 buttons are alway shining by default in the rig even if all stomps (à,B,C,d) are empty

This is correct. If "STOMPS" is lit, A-D are potentially enabled. If you hit STOMPS and it goes dark, A-D are "overriden" to be disabled. Same goes for Effects.

• @dougc84
    I understand what you say, and you re right since the beginning
    But
    I don't speak about stomp À,B,C,d, mod,x,delay,reverb. I speak about the "stomps" botton and the "effects" botton.

These 2 buttons are alway shining by default in the rig even if all stomps (à,B,C,d) are empty.

I detailed that in this very thread right here: [solved] lock is always on....3.14