[solved] lock is always on....3.14

• I try to anderstand why if A-D are empty, the STOMPS is already lit.
    it must be dark for me.

It must be lit, otherwise you wouldn't know that it is ON. If you disable STOMPS and enable A-D, they (A-D) are dimmed (and not on) because the "main switch" for A-D is off.

• no, it makes complete sense. because we're talking the digital world, not the analog.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• In the digital world, we must think about the led's life :D

An LED's life is 50,000 hours. More if you dim them (in your system settings). If you play through your Kemper for that many hours, I have a tremendous amount of respect for you. Some may die because they're bad LEDs, and there have been circuit board issues, but that's what Kemper Support is all about.

Plus, turning on and off actually uses more life than just keeping it on.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky

• AAARGGGGG the trouble with the lock comes back!!! It s definitively a bug in os3.14.

In performance :
    - Freeeeeeeze!!!! Many times
    - The mono loop changes the sound of the rigs. Solution: -5db for the cab's volume (but in the browser mode, the sound is good).
    - the sound of the fx in the mono loop is not very good (...a strymon timeline), thin.
    - the volume of the fx in the mono loop is less that it must be (adjusting the loop volume makes the guitar (dry and wet) louder).

This os 3.14 is not good enough...

I ll come back to the 3.02.

• AAARGGGGG the trouble with the lock comes back!!! It s definitively a bug in os3.14.

I can only suggest to open a support ticket, attach your backup and a detailed description what happens. This is the only way a bug could be fixed.

• This os 3.14 is not good enough...
    I ll come back to the 3.02.

You're quite stirring the pot in different places of the forum complaining over software issues and even suspecting hardware issues although you have been asked by different people of support to open a support ticket incl. a backup to get adequate help.
    Not good.

• I m not beta-tester, so it s not my job to find the bugs or to test the kemper and repport it. My job is to play with it. So 2 administrators know my troubles (i m sterring the pot in only 2 places). It s their jobs to transfer my troubles.

.Os 3.14
    .Performance freezes many times (have sound but the screen freezes)
    .not the same sound in performance than in browser when the fxloop is actived
    .lock always shines
    .the sound of the fx in the fxloop is not good as the same fx after the kemper.

If it's the same hardware in every kempers, the os must have the same behaviour everywhere... (no bug with a mac, a lot with a pc... And the kemper is a computer)

I pay for a system who works. Here, it s impossible to use the kemper in live conditions. AND THIS! This is no good!

I don't need help, i need a kemper who works perfectly for everyone not just for me.

• I pay for a system who works

And you payed for the support you could take advantage of. If you want.

Here, it s impossible to use the kemper in live conditions

Countless artists use the kemper all day in all kind of situations. If something doesn't work for you, contact support, please attach a backup which makes it much easier to reproduce issues (if there are any).

• I can understand your frustration, but like said before send support a backup. They will analyse it and see if they can reproduce your issue, it might even be a corrupted rig/profile causing the issue, but whatever it is they will sort it im sure of it. :) like I also mentioned above I'm gigging regularly with 3.1.4 and changing through many different profiles and all is good. Support is your friend here so please use them :)

• Sadly @warlus1, you constantly choose to leave the impression that you are actually not interested to get your issue solved, or even scutinized if there is any or how to get help.
    This is quite non- constructive.
    Clearly, if you are not willing to provide the information the support team is asking from you, it is unlikely that your issue can be resolved at all.
    This providing of information when facing a possible bug has nothing to do with beta testing, and frankly speaking I find the tone of your posts (especially towards the support team who remain nothing but polite) quite rude and increasingly annoying.

• I m not beta-tester, so it s not my job to find the bugs or to test the kemper and repport it.

Sure, you aren't a beta tester. But you've inserted yourself into the Kemper community simply by joining the forums. A community is only as strong as its weakest link, and by blatantly refusing to contact support about a found issue, you're weakening the community.

If your computer gets a virus or spyware, do you just continue to go on banking sites and hope your computer's infection goes away? If you have a guitar that has a broken pickup, do you blame the pickup manufacturer for it's problems without seeking a fix and just hope the pickup magically repairs itself? If your house is flooded, do you just continue living in it and wait for mold to grow everywhere, and say it's the houses fault that you're sick? I think not. Just like anything else, just report the issue to support. It literally would take less time than your yelling about on the forums, and you'd be making the product you're bitching about work properly.

Software and hardware developers are HUMANS. They make mistakes. And it appears you found one of those mistakes. Mistakes can be fixed, but the complexity of computer software, hardware, and firmware is mind-boggling, and even automated testing cannot detect every single niche issue. Continue complaining if you wish, but it will land on deaf ears at this point. The Kemper Support team (which is excellent and responds very quickly) is not going to help you with your individual, specific issue when you're posting problems on a "solved" thread on a public forum - you need to contact them. It's a simple email, which you could have written in the time you wrote your last response.

• (xcuse me @Ingolf i ll post this in 2 threads... maybe you can speack about this in the 3rd thread where you speack about"stirring the pot in different places" for the 3rd time... :) )

So, after testing the mono loop with only one cable (send/return), i had not the same volume with the loop or without. So i made a full reset (boot+ first slot), lost all the rigs (normal) and try again.

and BAM, the sound is good.

i must try if it works with my strymon timeline, test the lock but now, the cabs are here if you want to change it with an other.

So the bugs with 3.14 and my kemper is maybe (i must do somes others tests) solve with the full reset (init global is not enough)

I will test this monday. if it works, i ll make a thread for appologies to the kemper's team.

• @warlus1:
    Great that it seems to be solved now.
    Nevertheless I think it would still be crucial to submit the problem to support because if the behaviour of your profiler can be replicated it may be possible to prevent other users having the same frustrating experience.
    All the best! ;)