ProfilesFREE JCM800, WEM BSTAR, SLO, TKING, FRIEDMAN

• Andee, where is the space parameter? I thought that was an effect under 'effects'; I can't seem to find it in the output pages.

Also, I really liked

Push 3 (added some mid/high in eq)
    Lead 3
    Warm E
    Sparkle

All very nice; Great cleans! Thanks, I don't have any BS presets I like except an old one from you (that is a great cabinet too!). lDR BlackStAR

Edited once, last by oozish ().

• Im uploading some special Profiles on my forum now. (will be there in 10 mins)
    Its a cornell Romany, (based on a Deluxe Amp) - but I made it all vintage like!. (on purpose)

Still testing, but some of them are uber cool! - brilliant with a strat! and perfect for that country thang!

I where, may I ask, can we find those profiles.

BTW, I haven't yet receive my confirmation mail from your site.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Indeed they are on the forum (my forum) under IN SESSION

You will get the mail, check your junk mail too.

OK found the files but wasn't allowed access to them. I guess that will have to wait until I log in??

I'm checking all my mail for a few days. :)

Cheers,

Mats N

• Here is the direct link

Let me know if that works. - we are clamping down on security atm, as we have installed new SiteLock safty, so let me know if you see the thread, as I might have to reset the user permissions (or got them wrong) - lol we will get there!!.

http://www.theampfactory.com/f…wtopic.php?f=5&p=240#p240

• Blackstar profiles: I played them with my strat - I very much dig the cleans - clear, "strong" enough for single note stuff and very transparent and balanced (lows-mids-highs). Actually, when I was playing them, I thought you might have listened to the new Gilmour CD - there the cleans and (slightly) distorted have such a transparent air to them, that I thought, this might have been your inspiration. Also with some of the cranked and lead profiles, I could even engage my neck pickup, which is rare, because mostly, with the E and A strings, the tone gets too muddy for my taste. Not with some of these.
    I also dig the corn - very nice character and some not too familiar sounds.
    I am pretty much looking forward to what you come up with in the future - it keeps getting better and better!

PS: I send you a private message a while ago ... no reply so far. Did you see it?

• @joerch- thanks man, appreciate your feedback. - and I agree about th pickup swapping, this has been my bugbear for a long time. - trying to get a great sound with any position where the bass doesn't get out of control especially on the 8th and 12 fret on E strings. - but some sounds favor the bridge at slightly more bass, and that then wont translate to the neck, but with work you can get there, and is what Im trying to achieve here. - just a great balanced set of sounds that hopefully (hopefully) just works!.. - I need to convince myself first hence why all these tests : )

And nope, sorry I did not get the message, mind sending it again. my mailbox was full for a long time, but I just deleted a whole load so go ahead and try again.

• OK, so I got stuck on one of the lead patches, haha! I quite like a lot of these, although I probably should have got the Tyler out sooner (I have a feeling that it'll love these profiles more). Here ya go :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you CHECK/UNCHECK The “Headphone Space” soft button, you can select whether it is applied to the HEADPHONE OUTPUT only, or to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well.

Hi Paul,

I am a bit confused, here.

It was my understanding that the "Space" effect / parameter was applicable only to Headphones. However, I see by your last post (quoted) that it can be applied to the Main output(s) as well. What is the purpose of the "Space" effect, if it is being run through the Main output to an individual PA / FRFR? Furthermore, if it can be activated and sent through the Main outputs...what about the Monitor Output?

In other words...I thought the purpose of this effect was to increase the perceived "depth" and stereo separation when listening through (stereo) headphones, exclusively. Or, another way of asking the same question...why would the "Space" parameter have any effect on a rig/profile if the signal is being sent, via Monitor Output (mono), to a FRFR monitor or guitar Cab?

Thanks in advance,
    John

Cheers,
    John

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• Yes, I believe that was its original purpose, but people liked it so much, CK made it available to not only all outputs in the output section, but made it an assignable effect that can be added to the signal chain per rig.

Cool, thanks for the info., Meambobbo.

I guess the next thing for me to do, is to actually try it, lol. However, if you happen to read this before I get the chance...what are your personal feelings on the effect...specifically, as it relates to how it affects the perceived sound of a rig, when it is played back through a mono monitor source. Does it really do anything?

Cheers,
    John

• Never actually tried the space with a mono source. - but the best way to describe it is it adds a early reflection like element to the signal. feeling like your playing in a differnt room. - uugg its so hard to explain!. as its more a FEEL thing than anything else. it does not alter the sound just alters the feeling more so.

As said the space works GREAT with the Romany profiles.

Go grab them, and fiddle :)