ProfilesFREE JCM800, WEM BSTAR, SLO, TKING, FRIEDMAN

• Andy do you feel the kpa captures the muff sound in a profile? I had a fuzz tone in my pod hd that i tried to profile and it came out quite non-fuzzy. Of course, the kpa probably isnt expecting what i was feeding it, but the distortion in the profile just seems much more mellow and amp like than a nasty fuzz pedal. Thoughts?

The Kemper captures the exact same sound as the BigMuff. - but the KPA has a problem a lot of the time with fuzz, I am a bit of a fuzz collector, and only a small handful of them actually get profiled correctly. - The rack unit "Culture Vulture" is also one of my favs (especially for bass) sadly Ive tried to profile that a few times with no success.

• That muff of mine is IRREPLACEABLE.

Don't worry bro', they always grow back. 8o

... its a early 70's all original BIGMuff...

Cripes, it must be ZZ-Top long by now, brah! :P

... it likes... Plenty of SAG

I'll bet it does... hang on... you mean it has plenty of sag, don't you? Or do you mean GAS? Are you dyslexic?

the modern day muffs don't even hold a candle upon them. I have used this more over the years than anything else!.. (when the damm thing works) - give the right amp.. (Anything fender-based or thereabouts) and it sings.. but on the flip side. it will and CAN sound really badddd through the wrong amp.. (anything modern) - it likes odd BIAS amps, and Plenty of SAG.

Yeah, I'm betting it's to do with the extension and brittleness of the top end, as well as the immediacy of response, along with the lack of sagging that more or less defines most "modern" amp designs.

And.. rdwilson  Monkey_Man may I ask, why are you watching this? (Just curious)

I'm following your progress using your new "secret-sauce" method, Andy. As you know, I originally wanted to go large with an all-I-could-possibly-eat package from you once I could afford it, but now that you've revised and improved your method, I figured I'd follow the feedback as well as your additions to your product line in the hope that at some point I could dive in and grab a broad-spectrum package for which you'd employed the recently-refined methodology / method / procedure instead. Sure, even by the end of the year, which is when I hope to be able to afford to have that chat with you, I realise it's unlikely you'd have added anything near the quantititty that already existed as your "library" was already huge, but as I said, by following your progress I hope to be able to make an informed judgement as to when to jump onboard.

It goes without saying that any hints or guidance from you will always be appreciated, but I didn't want to cramp your style unnecessarily, mate. It's all good, and by the sound of it, getting better and better... yay!

• Andy, I wanted to thank you for those profiles. There are some real gems in there. I am really enjoying the 800 boosted. Here is a small clip of the 800 boost2 profile (sorry for the sloppiness) - just added a little bit of EQ in front of the stack section to give it a little kick. Go get this guys - some killer stuff in there! :thumbup:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Holy frack. Seriously, these Dirty Shirley profiles are maybe THE best profiles available for the Kemper. I need fresh pants. Every profile is incredible. I can't say how much I like these. I compared them to Tim Owens's take on this amp in his HAWP sessions, and they didn't come close IMO. I felt like this thing is a JCM-800 on steroids. Tighter and cleaner, but still got that raw aggression and bite. It BEHAVES modern, but SOUNDS a bit vintage, especially on leads. With the right delay/reverb, it freaking sings.

Just a word of caution, I initially thought they were a bit off. I'm using SPDIF and looking at my interface's virtual meters, nothing APPEARED to be clipping; however, if I dropped the global SPDIF volume down to about -6 db, the tone cleaned up. Then I could really appreciate all the minute details in these profiles. They work beautifully on both single coils and humbuckers from what I can tell (I'm just using the coil split on a EBMM JP6 middle position).

The ToneKing overall seemed quite dark. The Muff profiles are a lot of fun - great stuff there. The cleans were also really nice. But I found the crunch/distortion wasn't my kind of thing, especially since I came from the Dirty Shirleys right before these.

The SLO I found weren't so great. 3, 4, and 5 came closest to how I would want it to sound. The others just seemed like something was off - either the distortion was a bit buzzy and brittle in the highs, or the tone got a bit boxxy or too bright to the point where it was a bit harsh. The tag on the cab says open-back, and if that's the case, I think that's what I don't like - it's almost impossible to get a tight low-end without some weird resonance that gets that boxxy sound. But 3, 4, and 5 were good. 7 was great - had an awesome clarity to the tone, but something a bit too fizzy in the high end. I'd say if you could get somewhere in the middle of 3, 4, and 7, you've got a real winner.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

crap playing, but I wanted to show what this thing can do. When you play clean and hit the notes correctly, it sounds like magic. I think more plexi than 800, but again, got that Friedman steroid factor. I swapped Andy's effects for a delay/reverb preset I will release soon.

• Can't log in, Andy.

Tried re-typing PW etc, and allowing auto-fill and "fill pw from http://www.theampfactory.com", but no dice.

Any ideas, mate?

You need to register at the forum, the database is different from the main site. - so make a new account, and off you go!.

Best
    A

• Andy, I wanted to thank you for those profiles. There are some real gems in there. I am really enjoying the 800 boosted. Here is a small clip of the 800 boost2 profile (sorry for the sloppiness) - just added a little bit of EQ in front of the stack section to give it a little kick. Go get this guys - some killer stuff in there! :thumbup:

External Content soundcloud.com

Amazing sound right there. - I Dig! - the way the lead sings is upove & beyond here. - thanks for the clip, & so glad you like!! : )

• @meambobbo - your comments were excellent, thank-you for taking the time to go in depth on it. - and your sample is great too, so thanks for that!..

Appreciate all the love guys. - and indeed I'm happy to give things back too.

The files will be deleted in the next few days, so I'd advise you get them now if you have not already!