ProfilesFREE JCM800, WEM BSTAR, SLO, TKING, FRIEDMAN

• Hmm... question, Andy (sorry):

I noticed that in Safari's "AutoFill" list, my original (main account) TAF settings have been replaced by the new forum details (same user name, different password).

The address in the "Website" column is the same, so it's as if the main account has literally been replaced by the forum one. Does this sound right to you?

• OK, I just re-downloaded the stuff from the free page to see if the account still worked.

It does, but I had to enter the old password and was prompted to save it, but didn't, figuring that it'd simply replace the details in AutoFill back to what they were originally.

It appears that if I use the same user name for both accounts, only one password can be saved at a time, and therefore that only one of the two can be "AutoFilled". Is this correct? Should I change, say, the main account name to something else? I'd rather not but if I have to...

Thank you, Andy-boy.

• Yeah, this is the problem, because some browsers can only "AutoSave" passwords for the same site. - because the forum is hosted on the same domain, then you can only have one.. Devcosts are too high to allow us to mitigate (all 3) sites we own into a central database. - but one day we will do that!.

So, for now, just keep things as they are. - and you will have to type in passwords! : )

Anyway. enjoy the profiles.
    A

• Thank you for the quick response and explanation, Andy, I really appreciate it, mate!

Couple o' quick forum questions and we're done for now:

1) How does the "TAF-XCHANGE" work?
    2) Obviously I don't have passwords; do I get them when I buy stuff?

Thank you, as always, Andy.

• The TAF-Xchange is for CustomShop users/ because the customshop packs are a lot different than my normal packs I have produced. so that's what they are for.
    (and for other units obv, that we wont discuss here)

The TAF-Xhange is not open to everyone, else it will be a nightmare and a very very expensive task to operate/manage. - so for now its just the CS users.

• Andy, i do want to say that you should be careful about that eq in slot x as a solo boost, if you dont lower the volume on the rig first. I noticed some of the harshness in some of the slo profiles was indeed output clipping. Maybe its specific to my setup, but i doubt it, since spdif is a digitally specified volume level, and shouldnt matter if i connect to my interface or anyone else's. Its very tricky, because looking at the meters doesnt tell the full story - you may see a solid -2db peak in the meter, but something is definitely clipping because just by lowering spdif output on the kpa, im cleaning up some of that fizzy harshness. So its gotta be digital clipping. The KPA is insanely good about internal gain staging, and its basically impossible to get digital clipping inside the signal chain...until you get to the output stage.

I was finding i preferred the tone often by turning off the EQ block, but then when i saw the actual settings were neutral, i knew something was amiss.

• @meambobbo yeah I get you there, clipping is not fun!. - however (I might have said this over on my own forum) as these are just Testigo's I run a boost on my X slot as I monitor at unity gain, and often a bit lower to reduce fatigue, the final versions either wont have this, or will be controlled a lot better.& volumes will be consistent, rather than all over the lace as they are on these test captures.

So yeah, for these just remove the x slot, and carry on!.

• The TAF-Xchange is for CustomShop users/ because the customshop packs are a lot different than my normal packs I have produced. so that's what they are for.
    (and for other units obv, that we wont discuss here)

The TAF-Xhange is not open to everyone, else it will be a nightmare and a very very expensive task to operate/manage. - so for now its just the CS users.

Obviously I still down't quite understand as I'm not fully up with all this stuff, but I appreciate the explanation.

Thank you, Andy!

• @and44 I really appreciate the free test profiles. Some of these are really nice.

If I can provide some constructive feedback, I did find the Friedman and SLO profiles to be very bright and not very well dialed in for use with my single coils. (For the record, it's an alder body Stratocaster with Lindy Fralin's.) Even with the EQ stomp turned off I had to really dial back the treble and presence to get these profiles to balance out.

Unfortunately my Tyler is in the shop right now so I can't test with a humbucker.

On the flip side, I can say that I found your Reinhardt Storm and Rivera R30 profiles to be very well balanced and when I tested with both guitars they sounded great across the board. I liked them so much I am building a couple of performances from them for live use.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• If I understand correctly, this forum is only for users that purchase one of the Custom Shop amp packs.

http://www.theampfactory.com/custom-shop/

Yeah, I understood that part of it, oh Mighty one; thank you mate.

What I don't understand is how the forum is used. Is it just a normal forum? I got the impression that rigs were shared. If so, are they tweaked versions of rigs within the various packs, separated and constrained through the use of passwords for each of the packs' designated sub forums?

If I've guessed correctly, it's a logical and commendable effort on Andy's part to have created this service for his customers, and to this I'd say, "Well done, Andy!".

If I've not guessed correctly, I'm a noob and a silly ape, but we all know that already...

• Thanks Mighty one, - but your right, the "higher" gain was designed around humbuckers, and not so much for fender. - the amp itself is a entirely different setup if I was aiming at SC's - the end of the day, I needed to make a choice, and 90% of the players who would use/own these amps would be humbucker players. - Although in my previous packs where this was the case, I also did profiles for each guitar shape (Tele/Strat/LP etc) - that I might do this again.. - will see how that goes.

Get your Tyler back, and it will be a different story : )

• @Monkeyman yup, that was the idea.. - but when I did all those customshops, no-one brought them really, as it was when the britt stuff was around and all fresh, - so people jumped shop rather than customshoped!

But the idea was there, for those that did. - and still is for those that want! : ) - im sorta nice like that!. but it gets lonely lol

• I agree with mightypudge that the friedmann profiles are on the bright side but with a little dialing it is usefull.
    Also they tend to be a little mid honky.

But what is absolutely astonishing is the fast response and the attack of the new profiles !
    This is better than any other profiles I know and use and I using only the best :) (MBriit, Andy).