ProfilesFREE JCM800, WEM BSTAR, SLO, TKING, FRIEDMAN

• @Monkeyman yup, that was the idea.. - but when I did all those customshops, no-one brought them really, as it was when the britt stuff was around and all fresh, - so people jumped shop rather than customshoped!

But the idea was there, for those that did. - and still is for those that want! : ) - im sorta nice like that!. but it gets lonely lol

Yeah, nice guys finish last, Andy.

Thank you for the feedback, matey.

• Thanks Mighty one, - but your right, the "higher" gain was designed around humbuckers, and not so much for fender. - the amp itself is a entirely different setup if I was aiming at SC's - the end of the day, I needed to make a choice, and 90% of the players who would use/own these amps would be humbucker players. - Although in my previous packs where this was the case, I also did profiles for each guitar shape (Tele/Strat/LP etc) - that I might do this again.. - will see how that goes.

Get your Tyler back, and it will be a different story : )

Make total sense, Andy. And I sure do want my Tyler back!

As I spend more time with the Kemper learning it's features and trying different profiles, I have come to understand that many profiles - just like the real world amps they seek to emulate - do not work with every single guitar or pickup combination. This may be rote to many of the experienced KPA users here, but for me this was a mild epiphany.

I've also learned that some of the magic is captured during the profiling process. Take the coveted Friedman BE-100. There are some profiles that right out of the gate are dialed in perfectly for use with SC's or HB's. Then there are others that require minimal tweaking to get the balance right. Further still there are some profiles that no matter what I try I cannot get them to sound the way I want them. There is a tone that is inherently captured in the profile that I don't like and cannot dial out. Just the nature of the beast I suppose.

At the end of the day I realize I already have more profiles than I will ever need for my purposes. So at this point buying or downloading more is just for fun, or for the sake of experimentation. There is also a sense of nostalgia I feel any time I pick up a profile of an amp I once owned and I get to experience it in all it's glory, now that it resides in my KPA where I will never have to worry about replacing the tubes or having those dirty filter caps replaced.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• I cant agree with you more Mightyone. - amps have its own family of likes and dislikes. - Fenders Love SC's and Marshalls Love the HB's - but sometimes either can work, in any formation, - some amps are VERY fussy.. it can sound MAGICAL through one of my tele's, and yet WRONG on the other tele... same style guitar but with 2 different strings or Pickups/woods. - and some amps are like pubs.. hell all is welcome!..

The thing I loved about the kemper from the start was this trait. - many wont, and many don't still. but like other digital processors where the guitar actually matters is key to getting the right sound from the tool you want (the amp) - so some profiles of amps wont ever be tweekable, mostly because your tweaking far more than the amp, but the cab/mic /recording chain too. that it starts to become digital, or false. - whilst some are just so, that you can play and be happy right of the bat.

WE all like & hear things differently, this thread is a good example of that. - some say the profiles are too bright. some say too dark, some are happy as they are..Profiles will only EVR be perfect for the person who is profiling them..the rest is well, down to luck!. - as there is no "universal shoe" that fits all, nor is there a default amp setting, or even a neutral one. - we just do what we do because it sounds amazing on the day at the time, and thereafter.

I tell you what though... Strings make a Hugh difference too. - I use ELIXIR strings, (and they are often criticized as being on the bright side), they are the best sounding strings.. PERIOD!. - I'd never use anything else now. everything else sounds too dark & moody/boring with no twang. - so you see, this has one of the impacts.. where I can get a nice bright chimy sound, Joe Bloggs can load the same profile and get a real dark and muddy sound.

But I'll end with saying.. if you have to deep tweak a profile, then its the wrong profile for the job! - (using the front EQ is perfectly fine) other than that.. I'd say no no!.

Its a hard world. but an interesting one : ) - so there is no such thing as a "Best ever profile". or even a good one!. - its simply, a question of, does it work for you if it does, then and ONLY then is it a good one!..

Anyway you get my point anddd I sort of sidetracked a bit there! guess I had other thing son my mind at the same time.

• For the DS, it's on page 3 on Andy's forum in the In Session sub-forum. See post by TheAmpFactory at "Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:39 am".

<a href="http://www.theampfactory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;t=61&amp;sid=a3b85b9954c5cadbbba1c7340424f8bd&amp;start=50" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">theampfactory.com/forum/viewto…bba1c7340424f8bd&amp;start=50</a>thank you. hopefully I am not too late , also wanted the mars 800 profiles, been working insane hours, no time to use pc

• Andy, thanks for the freebies, I had fun today with them! The WEM Clean even ousted a Fender model I use live, it's stunning. Admittedly, I forgot to put the SLO profiles into Rig Manager so that's for another day!

Whilst I don't play metal, I probably use what others would describe as a high gain sound. Despite the quality here, your original Friedman BE100 and Diezel Herbert still remain as my main tones. They just work at any volume with headphones/FRFR cab/PA and a second guitarist. I guess you've your work cut out to make me move away!

• I tell you what though... Strings make a Hugh difference too. - I use ELIXIR strings, (and they are often criticized as being on the bright side), they are the best sounding strings.. PERIOD!. - I'd never use anything else now. everything else sounds too dark & moody/boring with no twang. - so you see, this has one of the impacts.. where I can get a nice bright chimy sound, Joe Bloggs can load the same profile and get a real dark and muddy sound.

Agree 100%... Elixir FTW!

Indeed I'm making this experiment: the elixirs on my tele were set up in june 2012.. I've played a lot. Not many gigs but a lot of rehearsals and many hours playing at home and some recordings too... and they're still alive and kicking, sounding great (much more twang than some new erine ball or whatever brand you choose)!!!! No cleaning products being used, just a cloth to remove dirt from time to time. I can tell you, I've played with elixirs before, but for some reason they are killer in this guitar. They seem inmortal! :D

Let's see how much they last!

• I like the lower gain DS profiles, but the high gain with my Tyler humbucker didn't sound anywhere near as nice as your clip, @meambobbo. @and44 is right when it comes to different guitars, different pickups, different strings even (the Tyler still has the strings it came from the shop with, haha!)!!!

• Andy. I BLASTED through the profiles again but I have to put in a bit more time.

This will sound dumb but how do I "import" one of these profiles in place of one of my existing ones so I can keep my effects minus EQ's etc?

• Hey Guys

DOWNLOADS are now REMOVED.

Thanks so much for taking part in this, and for those that offered feedback I want to thank-you all personally. - although this was a test, and sorry to deliver them in such a messy state, but glad that none of you complained about that.. so thank-you for your time.

A little disappointed that few reached out, with such a download count & thread view count. - but that's to be expected when free offerings are about.

Anyway. - I know now what Im doing with these, and can prepare my journey ahead for the BIGGEST release to date!. - I'm thrilled with the recent results, and Ive not even scratched the surface yet.

Thanks to all who supplied audio clips, Appreciate that!.

All the best, and wish me luck! - I'll offer more free stuff in the future & when im close to release.
    Andy

• Thank YOU, @and44 !!!

This new pack is a no brainer for me (in fact, I'd gladly buy it pre-release, so as not to spend the cash before it eventually drops!), and I still owe you a few clips, just to rebalance the karma, haha! I'll post them here, or in the new official thread when the pack's released, if you'd rather. Thanks a million, man!

• Great infos from you, Andy !!!!

Like you said, everything in the world is very subjective, profiles, amps, guitars and strings included.
    There are so many great profiles out now, it's really hard to offer something new, actually I have far more than I'll ever need....

Nevertheless I have my favourite ones, but this is subjective, too, although I'm a session-player and I'm playing a big range of styles and guitars. Many use the KPA in combination with cabs or FRFR-systems, for me it's the perfect tool for studio and iem.

The profiles I use are a mixture of Andy's, Armin's, MWagener's, MBritt's, Guido's and some free ones. Recently I started to choose one amp for one performance-bank and just look for the best clean, crunch and lead-sounds.

I'm really curious about Andy's next level of profiles. :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Great infos from you, Andy !!!!

Recently I started to choose one amp for one performance-bank and just look for the best clean, crunch and lead-sounds.

I'm really curious about Andy's next level of profiles. :thumbup:

+1, thats exactly what I do (per amp) with my performances.

• Shout out for Andy's Bogner Goldfinger (Bonegar Warmfinger) profiles. I was (attempting to) laying down some basic framework tracks for a song I'm writing and kept getting caught up in just jamming to the rhythm using the different profiles. Sweet!