Favourite guitars you own?

• First of all, I'm sorry if this isn't allowed here. Now to the main post. What are your favourite guitars from your personal collection? Mine is my Jackson King V STD, I bought it in early 2013 for £75, it came with a a few problems, the neck was choking the first fret due to the truss rod being near breaking point, the trem was WAY too high to be playable and it didn't come with strings. the only good thing about it was that it came with a case. Now 2 and a half years later, I set the action, adjusted the truss rod, and literally re-placed the tremolo, and now it's my main recording guitar, it sounds fantastic, the neck is literally my favourite neck ever (It's a thin D shape) and I've tried almost every neck shape out there (barring the V shape) and I'm trying to look for another one because I would love to have another. I'd like to hear about all of your personal favourite guitars, if you wish to include guitars you don't own anymore, I don't see why not

GEAR:
    (Soon) Kemper Profiling Amp
    Jackson King V STD (Discontinued)
    Jackson DK-2 (Discontinued)
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12
    Blackstar ID:15
    Orange Crush 15R (Discontinued)
    Jackson RRX10D (Discontinued)

• I can't wait to see what folks say as I've never owned a decent guitar, or even one that I liked.

Torn between a Luke II / III and a Suhr Vintage / Vintage Modern (Strat-style). Can't audition, so have to make an intellectual choice. Needs to play like butta as I have weak hand muscles due to injury many moons ago...

EDIT: Sorry Lloyd, I feel I should have acknowledged you seeing as we've spoken already. Hope this forum action helps alleviate the pain of the wait for your Kemper!

• Favourite guitars you own? can't wait to see what folks say as I've never owned a decent guitar, or even one that I liked.

Torn between a Luke II / III and a Suhr Vintage / Vintage Modern (Strat-style). Can't audition, so have to make an intellectual choice. Needs to play like butta as I have weak hand muscles due to injury many moons ago...

EDIT: Sorry Lloyd, I feel I should have acknowledged you seeing as we've spoken already. Hope this forum action helps alleviate the pain of the wait for your Kemper!

Thanks, dude. No problem, I keep meaning to be more active in forums I frequent and thought this would be a fun little thread for almost anyone to join in on. Sorry about your hand. I couldn't imagine anything worse than not being able to play guitar, aside from not being able to play games, those are pretty much my only hobbies unless you count making music separate from playing guitar. No idea why you would though. How is it possible to not own a single guitar you like?

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• Extra to what you see in my profile picture, I've a 70s Kawai electric, a bass and an acoustic.

My absolute go-to guitar at home is the PRS SE Zach Myers. It's been modded; locking tuners, handwound pickups, bridge studs and knobs. There's just something about the semi-hollowness, weight and satin neck that inspires me to be creative at the moment.

In my band though the only one that sees the light of day is the USA PRS Custom. Basically, it just does everything so well. There's nothing else I need. I've taken all the rest along at some point but there's simply no reason to unless it's for a silly tuning (which I'm currently avoiding doing!)

• Wow, difficult question. I have a PRS Brent Mason signature, which I love for its neck and feel. And tone too, but a bit out of what I usually record. Then there's the Les Paul classic, which I bought used and replaced pickups (not too fond of ceramics) and the bridge. Great rock tone, but hate sitting down with it due to the body-heaviness (which is what I mostly do when playing - recording). Then there's the Baja Tele, which is crazy bad with regards to buzzing etc. I need to take a file to it. But man, teles just sound great, don't they? :)

In conclusion... I have many favourites :)

• I love all my guitars (even those ones that I sold...), as I love all the women I took out.
    Today my favourite guitar is my Gibson Es-335 Custom because with it you can really play everything but metal, from jazz to rock.
    But tomorrow I could change... I am not a faithful husband...
    Ooooops! My wife could read this post... :cursing:

Let me say that my favourite guitar is that one I'm going to buy...

• Let me say that my favourite guitar is that one I'm going to buy...

Oh man that's so true... I'm waaaay too fickle with guitars...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• There's this ONE guitar that will stay with me until the end of my days. The one in my profile picture.
    It was love on first sight, and over the years the love for this ONE guitar has constantly grown. I can't imagine to be without her. She gives me everything I need (musically) in good times and in bad times. There's no doubt, this guitar is ME. :)

• There's this ONE guitar that will stay with me until the end of my days. The one in my profile picture.
    It was love on first sight, and over the years the love for this ONE guitar has constantly grown. I can't imagine to be without her. She gives me everything I need (musically) in good times and in bad times. There's no doubt, this guitar is ME. :)

What guitar is it?

• My first love is my circa '71 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. Bought it when I was 14. Did many unmentionable things to her but she stood by me all these years and still does. My back up is an '82 Ibanez Artist AR305 I found in a consignment shop. Its a nice compliment to the LP but offers tonal variation and normal frets (they guy I bought the LP from flattened the frets as was common amongst jazz players back in the day). I installed a Waldo Unity Gain Buffer and Seymour Duncan pickups in order to take full advantage to of the tri-tone switching capabilities - very cool tonal variations.

• i got a few but at the moment i am really enjoying my Eastwood Airline Map in seafoam green, its a real pleasure to play and just the look of it makes you wanna get stuck in, it sounds great too. hate changing the strings though, much prefer Gibsons in that department. :)

I love Seafoam Green, such a nice colour. I'd love to own a guitar in that colour one day

Wow, difficult question. I have a PRS Brent Mason signature, which I love for its neck and feel. And tone too, but a bit out of what I usually record. Then there's the Les Paul classic, which I bought used and replaced pickups (not too fond of ceramics) and the bridge. Great rock tone, but hate sitting down with it due to the body-heaviness (which is what I mostly do when playing - recording). Then there's the Baja Tele, which is crazy bad with regards to buzzing etc. I need to take a file to it. But man, teles just sound great, don't they? :)

In conclusion... I have many favourites :)

Yeah, Telecasters do sound great, even the single coils on the MIM standard I used to own were capable of playing metal, if I ever decide to get another guitar, it'll be an Arctic White Telecaster

There's this ONE guitar that will stay with me until the end of my days. The one in my profile picture.

That pretty much sounds like what happened with my King V. I saw it used going for £100 and I managed to talk him down to £75, I then helped paint my dad's office for the extra money I needed, I bought the guitar, fixed the issues and now I couldn't live without it.

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• Tyler Studio Elite HD in a Rasta Shmear (click the pic for some close-ups. That's my actual guitar!). Had it for a few months now and it's just the best guitar I've ever played, sound-wise and feel-wise. Really a great guitar.

I currently own a Gibson LP Standard from '95, a Fender USA standard Tele from '96, a Fender Acoustasonic Tele, an '08 PRS Starla (customised with Gotoh locking tuners), a Höfner from '67, two Fenix by Young Chang strat copies from the late 80s/early 90s, an Ibanez JS1000 and yesterday I received a natural flamed maple Legator custom Opus 350 traditional with Lace Deathbuckers and locking Gotoh tuners. Jury's still out on that one, obviously!

• Tyler Studio Elite HD in a Rasta Shmear (click the pic for some close-ups. That's my actual guitar!). Had it for a few months now and it's just the best guitar I've ever played, sound-wise and feel-wise. Really a great guitar.

I currently own a Gibson LP Standard from '95, a Fender USA standard Tele from '96, a Fender Acoustasonic Tele, an '08 PRS Starla (customised with Gotoh locking tuners), a Höfner from '67, two Fenix by Young Chang strat copies from the late 80s/early 90s, an Ibanez JS1000 and yesterday I received a natural flamed maple Legator custom Opus 350 traditional with Lace Deathbuckers and locking Gotoh tuners. Jury's still out on that one, obviously!

I want to live in your home now haha. Seriously though, nice guitars and that Tyler Studio Elite HD looks pretty cool

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• My favorite electric guitar is a 1997 Fender strat, this one goes to sessions,gigs etc. if I need to have various sounds/tunings. I've upgraded it with new hardware (SD hotrail in the bridge, Graphite nut, tronical tuners) and it sounds killer.
    For acoustic I use my 1999 Martin D-15 with LR Baggs piezo pickup.

I like all of my guitars but most have a specific sound or usage, here's my guitar gear list:
    Epiphone Masterbilt EN-546CE nylon;Martin 0-17;Martin D-15;Gibson J200;Line6 Variax 700 Acoustic;Line 6 Variax 500;Gibson LP Jimmy Page;Fender USA strat ash;Fender USA strat Olympic white;Michael Spalt Telecaster with multibender;Custom built Telecaster Esquire;Musicman EVH;Epiphone Elite ES-335;Gibson LP Supreme 2013 OHSC;Fender Jim Adkins tele;Crafter SAT-TMBK;Ibanez KMA1NT (fretless nylon)

• I'd have to say my Steinberger GS7 - the one with the headstock. The neck is unreal on that guitar - a decent blend of thickness at the back with a flat radius fretboard. My other would be my original Parker Fly, before the company was sold. What a special guitar that one is.

• My favorite electric guitar is a 1997 Fender strat, this one goes to sessions,gigs etc. if I need to have various sounds/tunings. I've upgraded it with new hardware (SD hotrail in the bridge, Graphite nut, tronical tuners) and it sounds killer.
    For acoustic I use my 1999 Martin D-15 with LR Baggs piezo pickup.

I like all of my guitars but most have a specific sound or usage, here's my guitar gear list:
    Epiphone Masterbilt EN-546CE nylon;Martin 0-17;Martin D-15;Gibson J200;Line6 Variax 700 Acoustic;Line 6 Variax 500;Gibson LP Jimmy Page;Fender USA strat ash;Fender USA strat Olympic white;Michael Spalt Telecaster with multibender;Custom built Telecaster Esquire;Musicman EVH;Epiphone Elite ES-335;Gibson LP Supreme 2013 OHSC;Fender Jim Adkins tele;Crafter SAT-TMBK;Ibanez KMA1NT (fretless nylon)

Nice!

I'd have to say my Steinberger GS7 - the one with the headstock. The neck is unreal on that guitar - a decent blend of thickness at the back with a flat radius fretboard. My other would be my original Parker Fly, before the company was sold. What a special guitar that one is.

I've always wanted to try a Steinberger guitar, one of those SS-2F Custom models in trans blue

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12