Output-Presets and Monitor Volume

• Monitor Output

(2)

Use this mono output to connect the Profiler to a stage monitor with its own level controls. This output also has its own

GROUND LIFT. You can also connect this output to a power amp and a regular guitar cabinet. In this case, you need to switch the cabinet simulation off, using the soft button "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output Menu, to prevent unwanted coloration created by running a speaker-emulated signal through a guitar cabinet.

Bypassing the Cabinet Module can also be done by simply pressing the

CABINET button. However, there are two differences compared to enabling "Monitor Cab Off": 1) Bypassing the Cabinet Module in the Stack Section is not a global setting, but is individual per Rig, as long as you don’t lock the Cabinet Module in its "off" state. 2) It will bypass the Cabinet Module for all outputs, while "Monitor Cab Off" will affect the MONITOR OUTPUT exclusively.

• Following on from this thread, I've compiled a list of which parameters and settings are stored/recalled in the output presets:

If anyone would be so kind as to confirm my findings it could prove useful to others, including myself

OUTPUT PRESETS parameters saved/recalled in presets (FW v3.1.4)

page 1/6
    main output config = recalled
    monitor output config = recalled
    direct output config = recalled
    SPDIF output config = recalled

page 2/6
    main volume dB= ignored
    monitor volume dB= ignored
    direct volume dB= ignored
    headphone volume dB= ignored
    main out link on/off = recalled
    monitor out link on/off = recalled
    direct out link on/off = recalled
    headphone out link on/off= recalled

page 3/6
    monitor output eq= all values recalled
    monitor cab on/off = ignored

page 4/6
    main output eq= all values recalled

page 5/6
    SPDIF volume= ignored
    pure cab amount= recalled
    headphone space amount =recalled
    SPDIF outlink = recalled
    pure cab on/off = recalled
    headphone space on/off= recalled

page 6/6
    aux in main= recalled
    aux in headphones = recalled
    constant latency = ignored

while we're at it....

INPUT PRESETS parameters saved/recalled in presets (FW v3.1.4)
    clean sense=recalled
    distortion sense=recalled
    input source= ignored
    reamp sens= ignored
    noise gate level-recalled

EDIT: i did notice that my output settings stored in FW 3.0.2 did not correctly recall all settings, notably, the purecab on/off value as it was not available in FW 3.0.2 so what happens is the value does not get changed. You need to re-save your output settings in the new FW for the pure-cab values to be recalled

EDIT 2:
    Wouldn't it be great if there was a geek's manual that had all this info within in?
    might nip over to the wiki page and see whats there....

• Is there any reason why we cannot save the output volume Levels? Would be great to have the ability, for rehearsals i need completely different Levels on particular outputs compared to playing at home... Does anyone know a good Workaround?

• Following on from this old thread, I've compiled a list of which parameters and settings are stored/recalled in the output presets:
    If anyone would be so kind as to confirm my findings it could prove useful to others, including myself

OUTPUT PRESETS parameters saved/recalled in presets (FW v4.06)

page 1/6
    main output config = recalled
    monitor output config = recalled
    direct output config = recalled
    SPDIF output config = recalled

page 2/6
    main volume dB= ignored
    monitor volume dB= ignored
    direct volume dB= ignored
    headphone volume dB= ignored
    main out link on/off = recalled
    monitor out link on/off = recalled
    direct out link on/off = recalled
    headphone out link on/off= recalled

page 3/6
    monitor output eq= all values recalled
    monitor cab on/off = recalled (didnt before)

page 4/6
    main output eq= all values recalled

page 5/6
    SPDIF volume= ignored
    pure cab amount= recalled
    headphone space amount =recalled
    SPDIF outlink = recalled
    pure cab on/off = recalled
    headphone space on/off= recalled

page 6/6
    aux in main= recalled
    aux in headphones = recalled
    constant latency = ignored

the ability to LOCK the output section was removed, i believe. i Guess these parameters are global and not per-preset/rig so pointless locking them.

• When these presets are recalled/ignored? What action should I perform to check this behavior?

• When these presets are recalled/ignored? What action should I perform to check this behavior?

As you might have guessed, you can store output settings for various scenarios.
    If you hit the output button then scroll the browse knob you can find your saved output settings.

to check:
    If you save some "output-settings" (go to output page then hit "store"->"output section") alter values within the output-section then recall the saved "output setup" certain values will be over-written with the "saved" values, but as i have found, not every output parameter is saved/recalled.

• As you might have guessed, you can store output settings for various scenarios.
    If you hit the output button then scroll the browse knob you can find your saved output settings.

to check:
    If you save some "output-settings" (go to output page then hit "store"->"output section") alter values within the output-section then recall the saved "output setup" certain values will be over-written with the "saved" values, but as i have found, not every output parameter is saved/recalled.

OK thanks for explaining. I will check this later.
    Do we know what is by-design setup?
    Is this documented in manual, that all of the output parameters are recalled after restoring saved preset?

• OK thanks for explaining. I will check this later.
    Do we know what is by-design setup?
    Is this documented in manual, that all of the output parameters are recalled after restoring saved preset?

Its not something that i've seen explained anywhere. Its one of those articles i find useful to know but is a case of own-discovery.
    I did attempt to add it to the wiki-KPA site (last year) but it think that has deteriorated http://ww1.wikpa.org (having just checked again no site opened whatsoever)

I guess its a bit like being interested to understand how a car engine works- its not the sort of thing they'd put in the user manual for most users as they just get in and drive it. There's no "service" or haynes manual equivalent for the KPA so the only way to learn the depths of it is, like the car, take it to bits- metaphorically speaking, in a technical sense not physically with a screwdriver and hammer ;)

• If you save some "output-settings" (go to output page then hit "store"->"output section") alter values within the output-section then recall the saved "output setup" certain values will be over-written with the "saved" values, but as i have found, not every output parameter is saved/recalled

That's not quite right !
    After storing new values, the Name of the Output-Preset is prompted. If you choose this Name, then a synonym will be created.
    A Problem then is, you will find two Output-Presets with the same Name and you won't know which one to choose next time.
    So currently you have to save an overwritten Output-Preset under a different Name, or -if using the same name- to dedicatedly delete the former Version.
    You'll find a post concerning this improvement-potential under Feature requests

• That's not quite right !
    After storing new values, the Name of the Output-Preset is prompted. If you choose this Name, then a synonym will be created.
    A Problem then is, you will find two Output-Presets with the same Name and you won't know which one to choose next time.
    So currently you have to save an overwritten Output-Preset under a different Name, or -if using the same name- to dedicatedly delete the former Version.
    You'll find a post concerning this improvement-potential under Feature requests

Agree, the save procedure and duplicate names is a problem but wasn't the basis for my comments.
    I only used this as a brief reference whilst discussing which parameters are saved and which are not.
    And you're right, too, this is a separate issue, anyhow

• For what its worth, the handling of presets (not just Output presets but Effects, Stomps, etc.) has definitely been identified and raised to the attention of the Kemper team. CK himself responded to a thread on another forum that they know this is an issue and it will eventually be addressed. (no timeline, but my hope is sooner than later obviously)

• For what its worth, the handling of presets (not just Output presets but Effects, Stomps, etc.) has definitely been identified and raised to the attention of the Kemper team. CK himself responded to a thread on another forum that they know this is an issue and it will eventually be addressed. (no timeline, but my hope is sooner than later obviously)

We have decided not store volume values to avoid large and dangerous jumps in volume.
    There is a standard workaround for sure: keep the volumes at constant values and adapt the correct levels on the receiving devices (mix desks, monitors)

• We have decided not store volume values to avoid large and dangerous jumps in volume.
    There is a standard workaround for sure: keep the volumes at constant values and adapt the correct levels on the receiving devices (mix desks, monitors)

This is understandable but not always good. But ok...
    If you do that then please show under 'Browse' box if it is possible to store or not. For ease of understanding. In my opinion this is a must.
    And for ease of understanding, it would also be wise basically to show the active settings in the 'Browse' box display.
    Look nevertheless please which WahWah you have been activated in a rig weeks ago. You will never know! There you can search until doomsday!
    Please change this unkomfortabele situation next update.
    We all would be very grateful! Thanks. ^^