Guitar to Midi converter....Could it be possible?

• I'm thinking that, since the Kemper is already lacking in things like reverb, delays, variety of effects, pure cab per rig, and rig manager that those would have much more priority than something like this. It's a cool idea, but the DSP in the Kemper isn't infinitely powerful, and adding this feature would take up a lot of processing.

What I would recommend is to use a smart phone or tablet that supports that software, and use one of the outs on the back to plug into that device. You can set pretty much any output to be the dry guitar signal (unaffected), giving you the best tonal quality into something like that.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Here is an inexpensive hardware solution:

http://www.sonuus.com/products_g2m.html

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That is SICK^^^^^^^. I do confess I dream of Kemper eventually going into the guitar synth arena, be it through a firmware update or (more realistically I suppose) through a new piece of hardware. I own the GR-55 but the tracking is not all it's cracked up to be. This Sonuus converter is fantastic.

• I have just purchased Midi guitar 2 ( the software mentioned by the op) it seems to work really well ( good enough for me anyway) and doesn't seem that big or cpu hungry Anways it also is capable of running on a smart phone/tablet so that may be the way for now to use with the kemper as Doug suggests :)

• That is SICK^^^^^^^. I do confess I dream of Kemper eventually going into the guitar synth arena, be it through a firmware update or (more realistically I suppose) through a new piece of hardware. I own the GR-55 but the tracking is not all it's cracked up to be. This Sonuus converter is fantastic.

I have a GR55 as well.I find it ok for live work but I only have a midi pickup on 2 guitars, both of which aren't versatile enough for the set I play.. that's why I wonder about the possibility of the KPA acting as converter so a midi out could be run into the 'midi in' on the Roland GR-55

• I sold my two GR-55 when I bought the KPA. From what I remember , the MIDI IN of the GR-55 cannot be used to play the internal sounds. It has been a few years, though - check your manual to be sure.

Apologies, Its the GR33 that I have . That can be used as a module

• Wow. It looks nice and the price is very good. Anyone knows what's the latency? And does it also work in polyphonic mode?

Check this Peto:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think (from my point of view) that this could be "easily" integrated as the KPA already recognizes the note (tuner) and signal strenght (input LED). The only problem would be the clean tracking of the notes so the note on/ note off would be sent correctly. But i don´t really know how good other midi converters handle this, as i have never used one of those.

Would be an interesting feature request!

• I think (from my point of view) that this could be "easily" integrated as the KPA already recognizes the note (tuner) and signal strenght (input LED). The only problem would be the clean tracking of the notes so the note on/ note off would be sent correctly. But i don´t really know how good other midi converters handle this, as i have never used one of those.

Would be an interesting feature request!

Thanks for the backup Crusty :)

• Naughty boy! LOL

I wish he'd played some isolated muted or semi-muted chops or picks so we could hear the latency properly. IMHO, that video's the equivalent of demonstrating a reverb or delay setting / unit by singing or playing long notes and not leaving any gaps sufficiently-large enough for the viewer / listener to be able to assess the effect.

Chops (single, muted "funk-style", fast-up-or-down chord strokes) or staccato picks with sufficient gaps is what we'd need to hear, IMHO. The manufacturer / software author's specs are one thing, especially when a range is quoted, but a test such as I've described is another altogether.