Aliasing I think its called ?

• I've found that a lot of profiles have issues from the 12th Fret to the 17th fret on the B string for some reason.....It's like the note dies away suddenly and sounds like the action is set wrong and too low ....only thing is that this happens on this string only on 4 or 5 of my guitars ....anyone else had this?

This happens on Distorted profiles only by the way.....

• I can't imagine that the digital domain recognizes what string you're using. 17th fret B string and 12th fret e string should not make a difference. If there's a difference, I guess it has to do with the hardware / setup of your guitars.

• Definitely ain't the axes , they're fine through some of my valve amps.....Will double check the Noise Gate tomorrow...sounds like the obvious culprit alright now that I think of it ....cheers for the advice

• I hope it's the gate as I've painted myself into a corner.

In retrospect I might've looked better with Buckingham Palace as the backdrop, sans headphones, but that would've required minor surgery. I can see it now... hair freshly sterilised and blow-dried, late-afternoon sunlight softly caressing my flowing locks and captivating gaze... but I digress.

The only thing that has me worried is that Robman said it only happens with distorted profiles...

• Guys,

I have been struggling with this issue since I purchased the Kemper almost a year ago and after tons of research I feel that I am dealing with an aliasing issue. I have been digging through forums and for a while I just figured it had to be something I was doing that was causing my issues but that does not seem to be the case. Let me explain.

On EVERY distorted profile I find that I have this problem on high notes. If I play a note and let it ring out I get this terrible and weird sound. Ya know what.. here are a few videos I have made on the subject to provide to Kemper support.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyways, I thought it had to do with boosting some of the EQ.. but I was instructed to load a factory rig by Kemper and I did so only to find that I was having the same issue even when I had not touched the factory EQ at all.

Here is the list of things I have done to combat the issue:

Adjusted Noise Gate to see any difference (There was not)
    Zeroed Input to Noise Gate
    Disabled Stomp Noise Gate
    Adjusted Clean Sense Setting (No differences)
    Tried multiple guitars with various pup combos (no change)
    Checked if it occurred in studio profiles through monitors (It does)
    Checked if it happens on DI profiles to cabinet (It does)
    Checked via multiple cabinets 2x12s and 4x12s and issue persisted
    Did a Kemper reset and tested again (Still has the issue)
    Disabled all effects and checked to make sure that no effects were locked

Does anyone know what I am dealing with here?

• Oh man, that sounds really sick! Far from normal. Sounds like a second and transposed note is generated. Did you play with transpose or harmonic FX and accidently locked that effect?

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Ticket is open to support and it's being handled. I was just hoping there may be a fix other than an RMA. This has happened since I purchased it new and has not gotten better with any firmware updates. I've been on all of them including beta the day they release just hoping...

• Very not right. Sounds like a super short delay loop maybe even a ring modulator, or something seriously overloaded. Do you have a Kemper remote attached?