Has someone recorded with a Friedman profile? Now I did.

• there are so many profiles of this gem available, many of em in the RE, then there is a soundside rig, an ok strat Friedman modded, Mbritt got one, too - and so on ...
    anyway it is hard to keep the pace. and i havent heard - until today - ANY profile that does this monster amp justice. IMHO the best amp on the planet.

Has someone of you guys a recording done with a profile? do you have a link, a youtube vid or a PM or ...

thank you very much indeed. erhh, buying the actual amp is not an option :D

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• there are so many profiles of this gem available, many of em in the RE, then there is a soundside rig, an ok strat Friedman modded, Mbritt got one, too - and so on ...
    anyway it is hard to keep the pace. and i havent heard - until today - ANY profile that does this monster amp justice. IMHO the best amp on the planet.

Has someone of you guys a recording done with a profile? do you have a link, a youtube vid or a PM or ...

thank you very much indeed. erhh, buying the actual amp is not an option :D

Hi Geraldo,

This is not an answer to your question...

However, I wanted to bring your attention to the epic profiling sessions that Tim Owens has made, based around the BE100. Maybe you are already aware of these...however, since you didn't mention it in your post, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give you a heads up. The sessions have a long running thread entitled "Have Amp, Will Profile" (HAWP)...and can be found at the link below. Tim has gone above and beyond the call of duty, and given the Kemper community an embarrassment of riches with his excellent BE100 profiles.

Here is the link to the thread:

Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

EDIT: If you read through all of the thread (make some coffee), you will find a few members have indeed posted clips featuring Tim's profiles.

• If you don't have the amp, then what are you comparing the profiles with?

Don, i have played this monster twice. And there is a test in bonedo, where they compare a lot of Friedman tones. All of those three have the EXACT tonal quality i so fondly remember.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Tritium ,thanks for the hint - i know that tim owens has made a PhD in profiling his two friedmans. And because i dont get the tone out of it, and neither of the other profiles, plus not of the BE by and44i, i ask again: has someone a good recording? then i would know whether i am doing sth wrong, ie not tweaking enough OR

the kemper is not close enough for me. that would be a pity, cause i mean 4000.- just for the amp without speakers, this is far out ...

• Thank you burnigyen too. but is this recording done with a friedman profile, because JTV does not sound familiar?

• Don, i have played this monster twice.

using which cab?

and you compared those experiences to Direct Amp profiles of the Friedman over the same cab?
    or could this be the old 'amp in the room' vs. 'mic-ed amp' debate again? ;)

Tom Owens owns a BE100 and literally made hundreds of profiles of this amp, shouldn't he have noticed if something about his amp was 'un-profileable'?

• Don here is some kind of blindfold test in the german mag bonedo. the riddle is self-explanatory even for persons who do not speak or read german and a lot of fun.

All three versions sound good. all of em sound exactly like i remember the BE. what you say, sorry, is chinese to me. i have taken twenty profiles of this amp, and recorded with them. actually i was able to re-play and record the tune from bonedo's by ear, just for the fun of it, and ...

• None of the profiles does sound even close, in fact they sound even worse (on "tape") than my miked jet city
    • this can mean a lot of things, but i am not comparing carots with apples here.
    • again: whether i remember correctly or not does not matter here, in the room or miked, whatever, i am talking about a recorded amp. this is why i say
    • gimme a recording
    • here is pete thorn, recording with a KPA and i can follow it step-by-step and see what comes out of his fingers, what i have and what not, beautifully done, best ad for the kempers ever..he used mbritt profiles out-of-the-box and i came close enough to the mentioned tones.
    • last point. sth similiar would be nice, there are so many good players here and i hope that someone will post sth
    • thx very much indeed, cu n cheers

Edited 6 times, last by Geraldo7 ().

• @don
    Maybe it is true that some "special" amps are more difficult to be profiled than others;

We cant dismiss this little thesis.I never played a Friedman but did watch a lots of videos guys like Steve Stevens or Phil X playing with them live and in the studio.All these sound fantastic.Still I am a little dissapointed about the Friedman-Profiles for the KPA yet.Same with the Soldano-SLO100(My last hope for these are the commercial ones from TAF).

I also never played a Carr or a Splawn-Nitro before but there are some profiles of them (from @TAF and @RedFatsRedPonyCar) which blew me out of my socks..I also have the impression that there are a lots of great profiles of the Mesa´s MK-series out there.Specially the V.

Again..I would not dismiss the "thesis" of some guys how claim that there are no good profiles of some special amps yet.This is must not the "fault" of the KPA.Could be 1000 other reasons.For example it could be that there is no really good SLO100-profile out here for the simple reason that this amp must be driven into insane volumes to sound really great.One more obstacle to do great recordings with it.

And there are some 999 other possible reasons I could think of why some amps are very difficult to record with..

• I can definitely attest to the fact (okay, opinion) that Michael Britt's "Fried AHole" profiles are friggin' fantastic. I wouldn't necessarily say they are better than some of Tim Owen's work...nevertheless, they are top notch, and worthy of the price of admission for his Profile Pack #3, IMHO.

• Thank you Nikos, i am only inquiring to the fact above. Among the other 998 reasons are my high output HBs, my fingers and so on. I just want to know, why that phenomenon exists and - ceterum censeo carthaginem delandam esse - we need sound files. :)

• I can definitely attest to the fact (okay, opinion) that Michael Britt's "Fried AHole" profiles are friggin' fantastic. I wouldn't necessarily say they are better than some of Tim Owen's work...nevertheless, they are top notch, and worthy of the price of admission for his Profile Pack #3, IMHO.

You are touching a sore point here. I have mbritt profiles in the highest regard, no in the highetest regard. But i was disappointed with those soundfiles Michael posted for his Pack 3. So do i have to consider ANOTHER pack? Maybe. thx.

Ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam: are there any soundfiles?

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

burningyen, fantastic work of a difficult song. this song recorded on new year's eve 1970 is the himalaya of Jimi. It is still sending shivers down my spine, no matter how often i listen to it. But - was this done with a friedman profile?

• Hi,you do not have to buy my profile!. Just some audio sample.. 100% Raw profiles sound. If you know some of my comparison then you know also how close/ or not profiles sounds.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com

Stay Metal!