Lock mode is awesome! But in Performance mode I'm frustrated with it...

• This gives me ideas.... ;)
    How about an option for a different kind of locking behaviour in Performance Mode?
    Locking would only be present within a performance but not in another.
    This could be very useful.

This. I need this too, it'd be great if I could keep the state of the effects intact (on/off) when switching slots within a performance. I wonder if there are any plans to implement this. I mean, it's been 4 years.

• Yes, I agree Ingolf . I thnk I might have suggested something similar in a feature request a while back but my memory isn’t what it used to be ?

Actually I suggested this in 2015. But timo 's answer just below my request makes it very unlikely anything like this gets implemented because there are great workarounds as suggested by timo.

• Ingolf I tend to disagree. timo suggests to use lock to save the performances and then unlock. This makes setting up performances easier, but the feature request in this thread is for leaving the effect status intact when switching slots in a performance. I don't really see any workaround suggested here about that, and I do not think there is any atm (well, apart from global locking...)

• There is a huge difference in convenience between locking chosen effect-slots in a performance versus having to set up multiple rigs in different performances just to have different combinations of effect-states stay on or off.

I just bought a Line 6 HX Effects to complement the Stage to get around this and it works fine running them together but it would be much easier to have it all in one box.

The bottom line should be: If users have a need for a function that would make an otherwise good product even better and easy to use and it only requires a slight tweak of an already existing function, I can't see why it should not be implemented?

• If you could lock effect modules just within a Performance, how would that work, when you enter that Performance? Nothing is restricting you to maintain exactly the same effects in all five Slots. So the locked starting scenario would depend on the Slot you start with? So for example if you load Slot 1 first, module A with a Compressor and module DLY with a Single Delay get locked until you leave that Performance and if you load Slot 4 first, module A with a Booster and module DLY with a Melody Delay get locked until you leave the Performance? Or could even the locks vary by entry Slot? While Slot 1 locks module A and DLY, Slot 4 locks module B and REV?

I'm wondering if what you have an mind could be achieved by a global option "Maintain On/Off State of all Modules within Performance". Then it's up to you, if you store the Slots with identical or different effects.

• I'm wondering if what you have an mind could be achieved by a global option "Maintain On/Off State of all Modules within Performance". Then it's up to you, if you store the Slots with identical or different effects.

^That would be very useful. I believe Helix has that same option.

• If you could lock effect modules just within a Performance, how would that work, when you enter that Performance? Nothing is restricting you to maintain exactly the same effects in all five Slots. So the locked starting scenario would depend on the Slot you start with? So for example if you load Slot 1 first, module A with a Compressor and module DLY with a Single Delay get locked until you leave that Performance and if you load Slot 4 first, module A with a Booster and module DLY with a Melody Delay get locked until you leave the Performance? Or could even the locks vary by entry Slot? While Slot 1 locks module A and DLY, Slot 4 locks module B and REV?

I'm wondering if what you have an mind could be achieved by a global option "Maintain On/Off State of all Modules within Performance". Then it's up to you, if you store the Slots with identical or different effects.

Burkhard : What you suggest could be nice to have but is far more advanced than what I was looking for.

To me it would be enough if it was possible to lock the state of chosen modules in a Performance as long as the Performance is active. The starting values (on/off) for the locked modules could be saved per Performance so they are the same regardless of which Slot you start with.

Let's say we recall Perfomance 01 that have modules A:Tremolo (off) and REV:Room reverb (on) locked.

We start with Slot 1 (clean) and activate A: Tremolo.

We then jump to Slot 2 which has a little more crunch/gain (Tremolo and Reverb is still active.)

We jump to Slot 3 which has even more gain but also adds the DEL: Short delay 120ms. (Tremolo and Reverb still active)

We jump to Slot 4 which also has the DEL active but this time with a Long delay 800ms. (Since the DEL-module is not locked in this Performance it can change delay-type (or even effects-type), delay-time and all other parameters.

We go back to Slot 1 and the DEL turns off since it isn't stored in the Rig in Slot 1.(Tremolo and Reverb still active).

If we then recall Performance 02 we can have a totally different setup, maybe A: Compressor (locked in this Performance) B: Chorus (not locked, only present and active in Slot 2... and so on.

The possibilities are endless but this would be a good and quite easy to handle function to start with.

• JSJSJS described that accurately I think. Also Burkhard:

I'm wondering if what you have an mind could be achieved by a global option "Maintain On/Off State of all Modules within Performance".

I believe a global option will not work. I do not necessarily want the described functionality in all my performances. It should be a per-performance option.