BUG:- 3.1.4 Release and Browse Mode Midi Switching ..... anyone else getting intermittent " digital cracking " when changing rigs ?

• From my assumption, and this is only my assumption is that some Kempers may have different components in. I remember when I had an issue with one of my LED's and Burkhard talked me through some kind of LED reset procedure and said if your screen says this ....... its this hardware but if it says this ...... Then it's this hardware so my feeling is components may improve so they use this style so some KPA may have different guys inside. Also corrupt rigs can maybe cause an issue some where in the OS we just don't know what may cause an issue only the KPA team can no this

• Please send an email to [email protected] along with your backup and an exact description how to recreate the problem.

• I see this in this way - sometimes you have two the sames PC's but on one of them some data for the application may be corrupted(for different reasons - doesn't matter now) .
    If they offer you help for free and so fast - take it and if it will not work for you - then you are right to send some negative comments.
    KPA team reacted for your problems and they are waiting for your move (backup and description).

Let me put this in this way - when you call a doctor you only say whats wrong with you - and when he ask you to visit him to examine - you say - No way !!! Cure me - this is your job!!

• The kemper is a computer.
    It works with a os
    If the os is good, it works with all the kempers.
    If the os is not good it doesn't work with any kemper.
    If the os works with somes kempers, it's due to the kemper.

The nastiest bugs to find and fix in advanced embedded systems like KPA are usually timing related. Bug may be there in all FW releases, but it only appears under some very specific scenarios which might be faces rather rarely.

My guess is that this "noise-for-a-sec-just-after-switching-rigs" problem is just one of those system timing/resource availability related bugs. Hope Kemper team is near solving this one.

For User Interface (display, leds..) there is HW calibration capabilites in the SW. So changing some LED behaviour between FWs can be simply an improvement in the calibration code and not necessarily some alternative code execution flow like you suggested with "the new firmware has a code who change the V of the led only in faulty kempers".

• (xcuse me @Ingolf, i ll post this in 2 threads... maybe you can speack about this in the 3rd thread where you speack about"stirring the pot in different places" for the 3rd time... ;) )

So, after testing the mono loop with only one cable (send/return), i had not the same volume with the loop or without. So i made a full reset (boot+ first slot), lost all the rigs (normal) and try again.

and BAM, the sound is good.

i must try if it works with my strymon timeline, test the lock but now, the cabs are here if you want to change it with an other.

So the bugs with 3.14 and my kemper is maybe (i must do somes others tests) solve with the full reset (init global is not enough)

I will test this monday. if it works, i ll make a thread for appologies to the kemper's team.

• What is it that the recovery option in maintenance mode does that brings the KPA back to working and sounding flawlessly? And shouldn't there be a way in which these "errors" can be preventd by the KPA itself?

• Great that it seems to be solved now.
    Nevertheless I think it would still be crucial to submit the problem to support because if the behaviour of your profiler can be replicated it may be possible to prevent other users having the same frustrating experience.
    All the best! ;)

• Hey all

Noticed this since going to 3.1.4 Release.

In Browse mode [ don't know about Performance mode ] when changing Rigs - either via a Midi FSW <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><b>or</b></span></span> via the Left/Right manual buttons on the KPA ..... quite regularly and often but…

I have exactly the same problem with 3.1.4, using Rig Manager in Browse Mode. Had it in the past too (before firmware 3), then it was gone for a while, but now it's back and it happens more often than in the past. Very, very annoying!

I wanted to post about it here, but now i see i'm not the only one. I'll need to open a support ticket, it seems.