Fractal AX8 ..... US $1,399 ..... thats just CRAZY !!! :) :) :)

• That would be crazy..

1900 euros are how many $;Some 2100-2200;

This means it would cost 50% more than in the US.They would "loose" whole europe to the Helix.Shoot your own feet part II..

• Using already existing technologie and sofware that made their proofs the AX8 at this price is undoubtly a winner over a Helix which will take months or even years to mature and get all the inevitable bugs and not still working features resolved.

If I had to buy one or the other it would be a no brainer for me. Maybe, I say maybe, I would wait a little to see if the Helix is not another hyped balloon on the verge to explode for which we're all used from Line 6. But I'm soooo doubtfull... ;)

• I'm really excited that the AX8 is out, in that it makes several statements. One is that the Axe FX II has great tones, but is too expensive for many players. Fractal has determined that there are sales to be made at this price point, much as Line 6 has done.

It also shows that Fractal is interested in other markets beside the pro level one. I could see how the AX8 will not at all cannibalize the Axe FX II sales, that still has an obvious niche with pro rack players. But a dedicated modeler user that can't swing an Axe FX II or Kemper can now get top notch tones at a lower price.

I think it is fascinating that all of a sudden Line 6 and Fractal have created a new competitive price point for modelers. It will be much fun to see them duke it out in the marketplace. Both the AX8 and Helix have advantages over each other (AX8 has better tonal DNA and reputation; Helix has a better UI and will be available in local stores such as GC).

• But a dedicated modeler user that can't swing an Axe FX II or Kemper can now get top notch tones at a lower price.

I'm not entirely sure AX8 will be cheaper than the Kemper in Europe...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Axe Fx II XL+: 2.900€ in Europe.

Ofcourse you you could be right about the 1800-1900 euro price tag.But then again this is 400-500 more than the Helix.It is even more expensive than the Kemper including the FCB1010 (again including the Uno for Kemper-chip) which is a prooven set up.

No..I dont believe Fractal could be that arrogant.Then what is all the heck about the AX8;Piss off everyone except those guys in northamerica who wanted to buy the Helix;

One thing to shoot your own feet.Another to burn yourself with a flamethrower.

• No..I dont believe Fractal could be that arrogant.

Oh yes, they are ! Actually they gave exclusiveness to G66, you can't buy the axe from any other place like, say, Thomann.
    Even if you want to order the Axe from their US online shop, andyou are ready to pay the customs taxes (which would make it still much less than the G66 price), you can't.
    That's the number one reason why I didn't consider purchasing an axe. I don't regret my choice.

• So good luck to them then..this is a rip off.And I see no chance how this can go through here in europe.Just went to Fractal to see the prices."Sales price" and "direct price"..wtf;

Imo a little bit stupid to handle a half billion people market this way.But it is not my company.

• Got to tell you I just took a quick look at the Fractal MFC-1 MK II footcontroller and for $50 more US it offers a "hell of a lot" more control and features then the Kemper Remote which I have been struggling with.
    If the AX8 offers at least decent midi features to control other devices I would probably get one to use as a controller and the effects.

• Got to tell you I just took a quick look at the Fractal MFC-1 MK II footcontroller and for $50 more US it offers a "hell of a lot" more control and features then the Kemper Remote which I have been struggling with.
    If the AX8 offers at least decent midi features to control other devices I would probably get one to use as a controller and the effects.

Not sure where you got the $50 more. In the US, the MFC is $750. The Kemper is 419 euro (I just bought one direct from Kemper with free shipping too) which converts to $473 USD approximately. That's a difference of $276 USD.

I agree though that the Kemper remote could have more features. I hope in the future that it will be able to do more MIDI commands via FW changes.

And with the main Kemper unit, I also expect (hope!) that via FW, there will be expression pedal control of many parameters and that these can be assignable per rig/performance. Currently, I really don't have a need for these, but I can see why some would want it (for more elaborate control/sounds in a live situation).

• For me both Footcontrollers are out of reach.Now when I decide to go live "full digital" I also need a Back up.MIDI-Controller,FRFR & Back Up.Till the end of the year I maybe could spend some 2000 euros on all three..I know this is not enough money if I mean it "serious" but I just dont have more.

I made a "thought" about the Helix for some days but I just cant take L6 serious ie sound.Then I thought about a second Kemper from ebay and a FCB 1010..and still think about it..

On the other hand the Ax8 seems like the best solution(good amps,best FX on the market,full midi and "road ready") if it stays at 1500 euros but then again these guys seem not really to "win my heart & mind"..

If Fractal really goes full retard and sells it for 1800 euros(or even more) I will be looking on ebay for a second KPA I guess..

• MFC $649 US on sale on there store. Kemper Remote $599 US on the Kemper store :) That is $50 bucks my friend

I stand corrected on the MFC price. That price just changed recently. I looked at the MFC less than a week ago and it was $750 USD. The Kemper remote I just bought for 419 euros about 2 weeks ago (international store), which works out to $473 USD. No shipping fees, and no taxes. That is a fact. So $473 < $650 by $177 USD ... :)

Either way -- it looks like Kemper pricing for US as well as Fractal pricing for Europe seems to be out of whack with currency exchange rates. There's some arbitrage opportunities here!

• Well, I have been observing all that AX8 hype. One of FAS endordsers which performs singing and powerchord chops and one string playing here just showed FAS face.

[Blocked Image: http://s21.postimg.org/62t7jm5jb/twat.jpg]

LOOKS like comment removed from Youtube at this very moment. Not there anymore - anwyay be aware of nice guys smiling, petting cat and calling someone twat. This was weak. Looks like online FAS police is tracking this thread.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().