Kemper live

• Hi guys new here, am awaiting my KPA and am just wondering if there are many people using there's live through a cabinet?

I'm a little concerned as I'm a bit of a techniphobe and would usually run a mile with something like the kemper but the lure was too much, my main concern would be ease of use live? And is the foot controller a must? It will be an eventual purchase but at the moment I can't afford it..

• Ease of use in incredible !!!! I couldn't be happier with my live set up. When I first got mine I used with the Yamaha DXR10 not a guitar cab but it still sounded great. I used to use the FCB1010 before the remote was available and the remote smokes it. Better intergration and easier to program/use which for me was worth every penny The best thing about the KPA is I now have a great sound at every gig I do and to me that's priceless :)

• I find it very easy to use live, certainly easier than my old pedals+amp rig. I do a lot of singing, so being able to hit 1 footswitch to change sounds is a huge deal for me. I don't use the Remote. Since my setlists are known in advance, I just program my patches in setlist order and step through them more or less sequentially using a 2-button footswitch for up/down navigation. Others prefer to organize their patches in banks with footswitches for selecting patches and individual FX. Whatever works for you.

• I find it very easy to use live, certainly easier than my old pedals+amp rig. I do a lot of singing, so being able to hit 1 footswitch to change sounds is a huge deal for me. I don't use the Remote. Since my setlists are known in advance, I just program…

Like yourself I will know the set list and I was actually thinking of doing the exact thing you suggested as in having patches set for songs and scroll thru. I will possibly invest in the footswitch at some stage but I will be made homeless by my girlfriend if I suggest spending any more money.
    I have ordered myself a zilla cab to play thru but I hear you can play thru p.a and cabinet so that will be interesting .

• Hi adam-antium,

i am using my Kemper like you said:
    Main Outs to FOH and Monitor Out to my Guitar Cab on stage.
    The sound AND feel is very good. You can't tell if you're playing a tube amp or the kemper.
    Obviously there are some advantages when playing through a FRFR-Cab, but that it is up to you.
    At this point i don't have a good FRFR-Cab to use, so i just stick with my 1x12.
    For me, this works just fine at gigs.

Regards,
    LH

Was actually looking at the midi moose can get one here in Ireland pretty cheap and seems to do everything I would need from a midi switch that along with my strymon timeline and I would be in business I think?

For the same price , Peak screen looks better...

Keep Rocking !