FR: "pure" gain stomp

• Maybe I'm missing something; is there a way to go say from clean to crunch or distortion, within the same profile without using a green scream or a distortion stomp, which colours the sound.
    I know there is the pure boost, but it doesn't work like the gain knob, as it just adds pre amp volume (if you place it before the amp).

When I make performances, I usually use different versions of a single rig. I usually start with a hi gain profile which I like, and then store different versions of this rig with less and less gain. It would be great if we could just use a "pure gain" stomp to go from clean to distortion within the same rig, and without changing slot.

What do you think?
    Thanks

• Hey thanks for your answer
    I have a fcb but with Uno4Kemper; I think I can do something similar with the volume pedal, depending on the placement.
    Still I think it could be useful and more precise to have this as a stomp
    Matt

• Really?! Have you tried it?
    I've tried just before posting to make sure. It's not working.
    Take a distorted or crunch rig, put the gain to minimum and the pure boost to maximum. Do you get the same result? I don't think so.

• What if you set up the Pure Boost (or any stomp, I suppose) to work backwards, cutting volume, and then have the rig's Gain turned up higher? So, disabling the Pure Boost would actually be boosting your signal back up to its original level?

But yeah, the "best" solution for this is probably a Performance with one slot for each "channel" you want the amp to have. You can even lock all your stomps and effects if you want to make it behave just like a real amp + pedalboard.

Take a distorted or crunch rig, put the gain to minimum and the pure boost to maximum. Do you get the same result? I don't think so.

I can ensure you that the sound result is the same.
    However, the volume comes out differently, which is done in purpose.

The Pure Booster increases the volume, without activating the volume compensation of the amp section.

By putting the gain at zero, you're telling it to be clean. I've had a couple of valve amps in the past that had clean channels which were designed to stay clean and putting a boost in front of them did the same, it just got louder and eventually unpleasant.

When I use a Pure Gain stomp, I use it with a low gain amp setting but not at zero gain.

• I know exactly what you mean. i have looked for a overdrive/dist stomp that start from 0-30% gain, but the ones i have found is to much. and destroy the tone of the amp to much. Its realy hard to find the in betweensounds. Thats why i have missed mastervolume like a tube amp, but i understand its impossible to recreate!
    On my Koch tubeamp the ch.2 can go from almost clean to quite hard drive..its fantastic.. i have profiled the amp, but cant make the same flexible gain settings.. but profiled gain setting is good! :)
    Anyway i love my kemper for live use,